Windows 10: Plantronics wireless headset - mic not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Plantronics wireless headset - mic not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can hear thru the headset but when in a Skype meeting or trying to make a skype call my microphone does not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jameshorn2, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Plantronics wireless headset - mic not working on Windows 10

I can hear thru the headset but when in a Skype meeting or trying to make a skype call my microphone does not work.

:)

jameshorn2, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Markicarp Win User

Plantronics gamecom 788 headset mic does not work

After one of the updates my mic suddenly stopped working. It worked when I updated to windows 10 but the update after that my mic stopped working. I've tried re installing the software, using every port on my computer and installed the software from plantronics.
    Could someone help?

Markicarp, Feb 22, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Plantronics Launches RIG Headset + Mixer for Gamers

I had a wireless Plantronics headset about a year and a half ago. They arent good, but they arent terrible. Generally well rounded, and quite comfy, but very basic. Mic was pretty average, but it didnt have any gremlins in it.
    They're usually made of very cheap quality materials.

RCoon, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Plantronics wireless headset - mic not working on Windows 10

Connecting legacy Plantronics headsets to a Windows 10 machine

Headset Tip.

This tip is for people with the following Starting Situation:

• You have an older ("legacy") Plantronics headset, such as an "H-series" Plantronics SupraPlus HW251.
    • You have a two-piece rig: (1) the headset, which terminates in a Plantronics-style "quick disconnect" connection, and (2) an adapter cable with a quick-disconnect attachment at one end and (probably) a 2.5 mm jack at the other end.
    • Historically, you connected your headset rig directly into a desk phone.
    Goal:

You desire to use this headset with your Win 10 machine (in my case it was a Surface 3 machine running Win 10) in order to make Skype calls.

Tempting, but incorrect resolution:

• Plantronics makes a wide variety of adapters, one of which is a Quick Disconnect to 3.5 mm jack adapter. It is tempting to purchase this (relatively) inexpensive adapter, swap in the new 3.5 mm jack adapter in lieu of the existing 2.5mm jack adapter, and
      just plug in your "upgraded" headset rig into the 3.5 mm jack on your machine.
    • This approach will fail.
    Correct resolution:

• First, you must be willing and able to allocate 1 USB port on your machine and about $70 to solve this headset connection problem.
    • Second, determine through web research exactly which Plantronics headset model you have.
    • Third, call Plantronics customer support, which at this writing is 1-855-765-7878. Be surprised that a real person answers the phone and is helpful. Ask the Plantronics customer support person which "DA" adapter unit is compatible with the specific model
      of Plantronics headset that you have. The DA adapter has a Quick Disconnect at one end, a USB at the other end, and some electronics in between. Note that Plantronics developed more than 1 DA adapter unit, and the legacy headset to DA unit compatibility
      information is not on their website. Plantronics customer service can figure it out, though.
    • Forth, order the DA unit recommended by the Plantronics rep. You will order the DA adapter from a third party reseller.
    • Fifth, receive the part, connect it up, and test it out. Win 10 recognizes the DA adapter, your headset works as it should, and problem solved.

Jib Halyard, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Plantronics wireless headset - mic not working on Windows 10

1. Plantronics wireless headset - mic not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Plantronics wireless headset

2. WIndows 10 mic on headset not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 mic on headset not working: Hello,I was using a headset when suddenly it's mic stopped working. Later I bought a new headset, but it also didn't hear my mic. I tried searching other guides and it asked for my system model, maybe this can help me resolve the issue, anyways its MS-7B53, I used JBL...
  3. Wireless headset's mic not working when sound is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless headset's mic not working when sound is on: Hello,I have a Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless headset using a dongle for the wireless, the mic and the sound works perfectly fine when used separately but when I want to use my mic while having the sound on, the mic begin to make some buggy/laggy/chopped sound. It is just some...
  4. Wireless headset's mic not working when sound is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless headset's mic not working when sound is on: Hello,I have a Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless headset using a dongle for the wireless, the mic and the sound works perfectly fine when used separately but when I want to use my mic while having the sound on, the mic begin to make some buggy/laggy/chopped sound. It is just some...
  5. Xbox wireless headset MIC not working with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless headset MIC not working with Windows 10: I recently purchased the Microsoft Xbox wireless Bluetooth Headset to play on my Xbox and talk in Discord on my PC. Worked fine for about a week until Windows stopped recognizing my headset as an Input device for my mic. Still works for Audio output but not at all for Mic...
  6. Xbox wireless headset MIC not working with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox wireless headset MIC not working with Windows 10: I recently purchased the Microsoft Xbox wireless Bluetooth Headset to play on my Xbox and talk in Discord on my PC. Worked fine for about a week until Windows stopped recognizing my headset as an Input device for my mic. Still works for Audio output but not at all for Mic...
  7. Xbox wireless headset MIC not working with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Plantronics headset and Bluetooth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Plantronics headset and Bluetooth: I recently started using a Plantronics bluetooth headset with my Lenovo laptop for telehealth. The headset pairs fine and will work for a while then my bluetooth will stop working. It not only stops working but the bluetooth radio button disappears. After attempting...
  9. My Plantronics RIG 400 Pro HC headset mic is not working on windows 10 PC

My Plantronics RIG 400 Pro HC headset mic is not working on windows 10 PC: Hey there, I have bought a Plantronics RIG 400 Pro HC headset about a year ago. I have been trying to fix the mic that came with the headset for a long time. I have seen Youtube videos and asked friends about the problem, but nothing works. I have even deleted driver and...
  10. recognize plantronics bluetooth headset in Windows 10

recognize plantronics bluetooth headset in Windows 10: help getting computer to recognize plantronics bluetooth headset in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recognize-plantronics-bluetooth-headset-in-windows/e31e1699-7052-4523-9181-47796ec83630

Users found this page by searching for:

1. plantronics microphone not working

2. plantronics headset microphone not working

3. plantronics headset mic not working

4. plantronics wireless headset,
  5. plantronics mic not working,
  6. plantronics headset not working on laptop,
  7. plantronics.com/software,
  8. plantronics wireless headset microphone not working,
  9. plantronics 5220 microphone stopped working,
  10. plantronics headset not working,
  11. plantronics headset not workong,