Windows 10: Platform Timer Resolution

Discus and support Platform Timer Resolution in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hallo i have a pc with haswell 4790 and z97 asrock. When i run with cmd the command powercfg -energy duration 5: I take that platform time resolution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boombastik, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Platform Timer Resolution

hallo i have a pc with haswell 4790 and z97 asrock.

When i run with cmd the command powercfg -energy duration 5:
    I take that platform time resolution is idle and 15.6 sec.

If i open the timer tool version 3 it reports 0,5 sec.
    If i set it to 1 sec it continues to say 0,5 second but when i run the above command it says the my plafrom clock changes to 1 sec.

How can i see witch program tells the truth?

:)

boombastik, Jun 1, 2018

2. Platform Timer Resolution

Hallo again i have the same proble so its not creative.
    Basically energy platform shows that all are ok but platform tool stuck at 0.5 resolution.
    It is a bug with platform tool version 3?
    Platform Timer Resolution [​IMG]

boombastik, Jun 25, 2018
  3. Platform Timer Resolution

hallo i have a pc with haswell 4790 and z97 asrock.

When i run with cmd the command powercfg -energy duration 5:
    I take that platform time resolution is idle and 15.6 sec.

If i open the timer tool version 3 it reports 0,5 sec.
    If i set it to 1 sec it continues to say 0,5 second but when i run the above command it says the my plafrom clock changes to 1 sec.

How can i see witch program tells the truth?

boombastik, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Platform Timer Resolution

Platform Timer Resolution

Ok i found that this problem exist if i put my asrock motherboard in ultra fast mode.
    If i disable manuallly the cms (compatibility mode) and enable fast mode the timing platform works always good.
    This is a problem because with ultra fast boot the cpu rtsc dont calculated correctly.

boombastik, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

Platform Timer Resolution

1. Platform Timer Resolution - Similar Threads - Platform Timer Resolution

2. Setting System-wide Timer Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting System-wide Timer Resolution: How can I set my system's timer resolution?I understand that the Windows default timer resolution is 15.6ms.I currently am tweaking my system. Months ago, I was able to make my system's 'current timer resolution' to 10000 1ms. But I made a system restore. My system's current...
  3. Setting System-wide Timer Resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting System-wide Timer Resolution: How can I set my system's timer resolution?I understand that the Windows default timer resolution is 15.6ms.I currently am tweaking my system. Months ago, I was able to make my system's 'current timer resolution' to 10000 1ms. But I made a system restore. My system's current...
  4. Setting System-wide Timer Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sleep Timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Timer: I've got an SSD and an HDD in my laptop. Should I set my sleep timer less or more? And how will it affect my HDD and SSD's lifespan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-timer/6b2e56fc-272a-4c53-8c3c-771e47dcaf27
  6. Timer Resolution Stuck at 0.5?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Timer Resolution Stuck at 0.5?: I've tried uninstalling the system clock and restarting, but after a while, the timer Resolution automatically reverts to 0.5. Is there another fix for this? submitted by /u/axtmn [link] [comments]...
  7. timer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    timer: I'm fairly new to Computers. In the 'alarm & clock' could I set alarm up to sound a remind to do something every 30mins through the day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timer/6635c4e1-51ef-4893-88b6-25661ebfafb6
  8. Timer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Timer: Where has the timer gone - windows 10 is good but you go one step forward and 2 steps back. maybe better coders are required!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timer/a792f9a8-5a08-4540-bba2-dc6d7cae24e1
  9. Wake timers

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake timers: Hey all, i was wondering about the wake timers in windows... my pc has been waking up in the middle of the night because of wake timers, and while i know how to disable them, i was wondering if there could be any adverse effects of doing this? The timers seem to be set by...
  10. How do you set the timer resolution in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you set the timer resolution in windows 10?: Back in the xp days you can add to the boot.ini file /TIMERES= (number) can you still add this switch using bcdedit /set and if not is there an alternative you can use in windows 10 1903? (I tried to google it but i cant seem to find what im looking for. 143936

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Platform Timer Resolution:Platform Timer Resolution

2. platform timer resolution

3. timer resolution v2 free download

4. platform timer resolution warning solution,
  5. windows 10 platform timer resolution