Platform Timer Resolution

Discus and support Platform Timer Resolution in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hallo i have a pc with haswell 4790 and z97 asrock. When i run with cmd the command powercfg -energy duration 5: I take that platform time resolution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boombastik, Jun 1, 2018.

1. boombastik Win User

hallo i have a pc with haswell 4790 and z97 asrock.

When i run with cmd the command powercfg -energy duration 5:
    I take that platform time resolution is idle and 15.6 sec.

If i open the timer tool version 3 it reports 0,5 sec.
    If i set it to 1 sec it continues to say 0,5 second but when i run the above command it says the my plafrom clock changes to 1 sec.

How can i see witch program tells the truth?

:)

boombastik, Jun 1, 2018
  2. boombastik Win User

Hallo again i have the same proble so its not creative.
    Basically energy platform shows that all are ok but platform tool stuck at 0.5 resolution.
    It is a bug with platform tool version 3?
    Platform Timer Resolution [​IMG]

boombastik, Jun 25, 2018
  3. boombastik Win User

hallo i have a pc with haswell 4790 and z97 asrock.

When i run with cmd the command powercfg -energy duration 5:
    I take that platform time resolution is idle and 15.6 sec.

If i open the timer tool version 3 it reports 0,5 sec.
    If i set it to 1 sec it continues to say 0,5 second but when i run the above command it says the my plafrom clock changes to 1 sec.

How can i see witch program tells the truth?

boombastik, Jun 25, 2018
  4. boombastik Win User

Ok i found that this problem exist if i put my asrock motherboard in ultra fast mode.
    If i disable manuallly the cms (compatibility mode) and enable fast mode the timing platform works always good.
    This is a problem because with ultra fast boot the cpu rtsc dont calculated correctly.

boombastik, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Platform Timer Resolution - Similar Threads - Platform Timer Resolution

2. As soon as I open an app with a lower default resolution, a notification appears warning me...

in Windows 10 Customization
    As soon as I open an app with a lower default resolution, a notification appears warning me...: The game Garry's Mod has a very low default resolution of 600 x 400, as it's fairly old. This should be no big deal -- I could just change the resolution to native once I'm in the game. However, as soon as I launch it or switch Windows, a notification pops up telling me that...
  3. Lost 2560x1080 resolution after Windows 10 16 Aug 2018 update

Lost 2560x1080 resolution after Windows 10 16 Aug 2018 update: After the automatic Windows 10 update, I could no longer choose 2560x1080 ultrawide resolution on my LG34 inch monitor. My video card is an AMD 7000 legacy display card came with Dell computer in 2013. I tried every method online including updating drivers from AMD or LG,...
  4. i update windows 10 to vesion 1803 and now i cant set a stretch resolution for fortnite

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i update windows 10 to vesion 1803 and now i cant set a stretch resolution for fortnite: i update windows 10 to vesion 1803 and now i cant set a stretch resolution for fortnite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/i-update-windows-10-to-vesion-1803-and-now-i-cant/ade8d237-3e4e-449e-9bef-e7d235a8d1ba"
  5. Graphics card properties factory resets when I change display resolution

Graphics card properties factory resets when I change display resolution: I want to set the resolution 1024x760 and set it to stretched. So I run ms-settings:display, I go to "Advanced display settings", or something like that, I click "Graphics card 1 properties" or something like that It opens this form When I go in HD Intel Graphics settings...
  6. Correct resolution for custom taskbar icons.

Correct resolution for custom taskbar icons.: I am trying to customize my taskbar and start menu. I've set all start menu icons to white and so far its working good. But i am having trouble with taskbar icons. As you can see in screenshot, the icons on the taskbar are not looking that good. I have made .ico's with...
  7. Finding & loading the Qt platform plugin "windows" in "".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Finding & loading the Qt platform plugin "windows" in "".: [ATTACH] The attached message keeps popping up on my screen, I don't know which application supposedly didn't start. Is the message legitimate? What do I need to do to stop the message popping up &, if there is a problem, fix it? Please keep in mind that computer jargon is...
  8. Screen resolution problems

Screen resolution problems: Okay so I have a major problem atm, I use a tv for my computer, I know a stupid move already, however this runs on 1920 x 1080 which is literally perfect for everything. However to run a certain game I need it lower, but when I make it lower it splits the screen in half and...
  9. Analog capture device: video resolution dropped to 320x240

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Analog capture device: video resolution dropped to 320x240: Hello everyone, I use an old TerraTec TV PCI card to capture analog videos. Used it successfully in the past (also in Windows 10) to capture at its default/max resolution, which is 720x576. Now, only 320x240 is available. The driver Windows 10 installs automatically is...
  10. screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen resolution: I cannot find the screen resolution for my monitor in the list of modes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/screen-resolution/9bb3e7e9-ebe4-4bd2-9d3e-24742f93086b