Windows 10: Platform Timer Resolution

Discus and support Platform Timer Resolution in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hallo i have a pc with haswell 4790 and z97 asrock. When i run with cmd the command powercfg -energy duration 5: I take that platform time resolution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boombastik, Jun 1, 2018.

1. boombastik Win User

Platform Timer Resolution

hallo i have a pc with haswell 4790 and z97 asrock.

When i run with cmd the command powercfg -energy duration 5:
    I take that platform time resolution is idle and 15.6 sec.

If i open the timer tool version 3 it reports 0,5 sec.
    If i set it to 1 sec it continues to say 0,5 second but when i run the above command it says the my plafrom clock changes to 1 sec.

How can i see witch program tells the truth?

:)

boombastik, Jun 1, 2018
  2. boombastik Win User

Hallo again i have the same proble so its not creative.
    Basically energy platform shows that all are ok but platform tool stuck at 0.5 resolution.
    It is a bug with platform tool version 3?
    Platform Timer Resolution [​IMG]

boombastik, Jun 25, 2018
  3. boombastik Win User

hallo i have a pc with haswell 4790 and z97 asrock.

When i run with cmd the command powercfg -energy duration 5:
    I take that platform time resolution is idle and 15.6 sec.

If i open the timer tool version 3 it reports 0,5 sec.
    If i set it to 1 sec it continues to say 0,5 second but when i run the above command it says the my plafrom clock changes to 1 sec.

How can i see witch program tells the truth?

boombastik, Jun 25, 2018
  4. boombastik Win User

Ok i found that this problem exist if i put my asrock motherboard in ultra fast mode.
    If i disable manuallly the cms (compatibility mode) and enable fast mode the timing platform works always good.
    This is a problem because with ultra fast boot the cpu rtsc dont calculated correctly.

boombastik, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Platform Timer Resolution - Similar Threads - Platform Timer Resolution

2. Alarm clock / timer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alarm clock / timer: Sometimes the alarm on my timer/alarm clock sounds--and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/alarm-clock-timer/97b1a791-fe11-47bf-8285-757ee50c93bd
  3. can I change the sound of the timer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    can I change the sound of the timer?: can I change the sound of the timer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/can-i-change-the-sound-of-the-timer/adae08c5-3966-41f6-8ac3-a6b0b81ecbb8
  4. App for scheduled countdown timer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App for scheduled countdown timer?: Hi, I'm wondering whether there is an app for a countdown timer that will run every day at schedule times (i.e. a countdown timer for how many work hours are left). I wasn't able to find anything in the store and the default Alarms & Clock app doesn't have a way to...
  5. What is the Intel Watchdog Timer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the Intel Watchdog Timer: My ESET Antivirus keeps telling to install Intel Watchdog Timer. I have latest Intel chipset drivers installed from ASUS for my Prime H270 Plus motherboard, but not sure if this timer thing is needed or I can disregard the alert from ESET. Running an i3-7100 CPU, and Windows...
  6. Timer notifications no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Timer notifications no longer working: Hi everyone. I've been using the timer function of the default "Alarms & Clock" app almost every day since I switched to Windows 10. Today it stopped working. When the timer hits 0:00 the notification in the lower right corner won't pop up and the alarm sound won't...
  7. Ironlake Platform

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Ironlake Platform: Hello guys. Recently from upgrading to Windows 10 and trying some builds I'm been having a hard time finding drivers for my laptop especially the Graphics Card. I've tried downgrading the version etc and i have a switchable graphics so my graphics sucks. So I've tried many...
  8. High precision event timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High precision event timer: WinZip says I need to update my hpet to version 7.0.1.1011. How can I find out whether I really need to do this or is WinZip just trying to sell me something I don't need? (This is a subject waaay over my knowledge level.) 106301
  9. Timers/Alarms Not Dismissing Properly...

in Windows 10 Support
    Timers/Alarms Not Dismissing Properly...: Anyone else experiencing this issue since CU? When I ask Cortana to set a reminder timer or alarm, it comes up when it is supposed to, but upon clicking dismiss, it is acting like a snooze and continues popping up every few minutes until a restart is initiated. Just curious?...
  10. Cmd sleep command but with timer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cmd sleep command but with timer: If you could help i found :\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Sleep but i need -t 180 secs which doesnt work with this and i dont want to use third party programs.. tyvm 97497