Windows 10: play a cd

Discus and support play a cd in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What do I need to listen to a cd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-a-cd/3c8a8296-d714-49e8-a2c3-2206671c9d2a Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SalLaw, Nov 26, 2018.

1. SalLaw Win User

play a cd

What do I need to listen to a cd?

:)

SalLaw, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD plays one disc incorrectly

For us to isolate the issue, we would like to clarify if you were referring to another computer when you said
    "The CD plays fine elsewhere so it is OK." on your first post. If so, is it both running Windows 10 version?

To identify the exact reason why the issue is happening, we suggest playing the disc manually using the steps below:

• Type File Explorer on Cortana/Search bar, then click it.
    • On the File Explorer window, click This PC.
    • Right-click on the CD drive then, click Open.
      play a cd 7415d552-8599-4d63-8121-16dc57c5d669.png
    • The music files will show up, choose a certain music to play.

Let us know if the music will respond accordingly.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 26, 2018
  3. MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Ji-M Win User

play a cd

CANT PLAY CD/DVDS THROUGH MEDIA PLAYER

I tried method 1 and restarted my computer. I was still unable to play my CD. I then began Method 2 and got to step 3. Here I had to stop because I did not any "DVD\CD-ROM" drivers in the list.

Thema:

play a cd

1. play a cd - Similar Threads - play

2. Only Discord Call audio is playing sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Discord Call audio is playing sometimes: thats all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-discord-call-audio-is-playing-sometimes/4e2a16db-3a70-4525-bec3-ed50d30a030a
  3. Only Discord Call audio is playing sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only Discord Call audio is playing sometimes: thats all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-discord-call-audio-is-playing-sometimes/4e2a16db-3a70-4525-bec3-ed50d30a030a
  4. So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game: So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game. I have a Gigabyte Aorus 15P i7-11800H, RTX 3070, 16gb ram. It doesn't shut down mid game but rather after exiting the game while steam is trying to sync. It used to happen with Bioshock 1 and 2 and I just powered through...
  5. So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game

So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game: So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game. I have a Gigabyte Aorus 15P i7-11800H, RTX 3070, 16gb ram. It doesn't shut down mid game but rather after exiting the game while steam is trying to sync. It used to happen with Bioshock 1 and 2 and I just powered through...
  6. Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...: Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error code. How can i fix this error? Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-when-i-try-to-instal-google/c3318dd5-b15a-4897-8d8c-e4e31287e73c
  7. Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...

Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...: Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error code. How can i fix this error? Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-when-i-try-to-instal-google/c3318dd5-b15a-4897-8d8c-e4e31287e73c
  8. Getting Blue Screen errors when playing various games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Blue Screen errors when playing various games: I built my PC 4 years ago and hadn't had a problem, until about 4-5 months ago when I started getting BSoDs around once a week to once every two weeks, I have tried a multitude of different solutions to no avail, the errors only happen when I am playing various games i will...
  9. Getting Blue Screen errors when playing various games

Getting Blue Screen errors when playing various games: I built my PC 4 years ago and hadn't had a problem, until about 4-5 months ago when I started getting BSoDs around once a week to once every two weeks, I have tried a multitude of different solutions to no avail, the errors only happen when I am playing various games i will...
  10. Blue Screen of Death while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death while playing games: SYMBOL_NAME: nt!MiDeletePteRun+187e06MODULE_NAME: ntIMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.22621.3447STACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbIMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exeBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 187e06FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1a_403_nt!MiDeletePteRunOSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64OSNAME: Windows 10FAILURE_ID_HASH:...