Windows 10: Play a video on my lap top onto my TV

Discus and support Play a video on my lap top onto my TV in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have Microsoft Ege as my browser and cannot play a video on my TV. I am using cables but no luck.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RobinRockwell, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Play a video on my lap top onto my TV

I have Microsoft Ege as my browser and cannot play a video on my TV. I am using cables but no luck.

:)

RobinRockwell, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Missing sound when connecting my Lap Top to a TV with HDMI

I regularly connect my Lap Top to a TV with a HDMI cable. It has so far been working perfect for both picture and sound.

I now have a problem with the sound. The picture is still working OK but I now only get sound from the internal speakers in my Lap Top.

When opening Playback Devices I no longer see my Sony TV (Show disconnected and Disabled Devices enabled).

Any help in getting the sound back to my TV would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tor Fredriksen, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Play a video on my lap top onto my TV

Lap top to television screen by hdmi cable

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it works:

Kindly follow the below steps:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to disconnect the HDMI cable and try to connect it by following these steps.

a. Turn off your computer and position it within easy reach of your TV. Disconnect the monitor, but leave the mouse and keyboard connected.

b. Connect the appropriate video cable from your computer's output to your TV.

c. Turn on your TV and set it to the input that matches the output on your computer. You might need to refer to the user's guide included with your TV for instructions on how to do this.

d. Turn on your computer.

e. You should see Windows displayed on your TV. If the screen looks stretched, or part of the screen seems cut off, you probably need to adjust the screen resolution in Windows.

f. If you can't see Windows on your TV, you might need to reconnect the computer to your monitor and adjust the screen resolution before you connect to your TV.

Step 2: To adjust screen resolution follow this steps:

• Right click on the screen and select
      Display settings.

• Click on Advanced display settings.

• Set the resolution to recommended level. (recommended level varies from device to device)

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Play a video on my lap top onto my TV

1. Play a video on my lap top onto my TV - Similar Threads - Play video lap

2. My lap top will not read CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My lap top will not read CD: My lap top will not read CD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lap-top-will-not-read-cd/5c1aa7c6-317a-4be3-8a9b-474c989ba648
  3. why my laps tops notworking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why my laps tops notworking: GOOD EVENING WHY MY LAPS TOPS NOT UPDATING GIVES ERRO "FOUT BIJ STUURPROGRAMMA UPDATEN PROBEER HET LATER OPNIEUW" I AM NEW ON WINDOWS 10 THINGS HE LP HE LP H EL P MY LAPS TOPS ARE BR OKE N AND MY 1 COMPUTERS A RE BR OKEN TOO BECAUSE IT HAVES THE SAME THE 1 COMPUTERS...
  4. Transfering my Microsoft 365 from 1 lap top to a new lap top

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering my Microsoft 365 from 1 lap top to a new lap top: I will be getting a new laptop and i would like my software of microsoft office and also all my benefits of Microsofrt 365 to be transfered into my new lap top. can this be done? and how?...
  5. there is no sound on my lap top

there is no sound on my lap top: I have no sound on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-sound-on-my-lap-top/189bb222-85e5-4397-8db4-70d42275c62b
  6. extra monitor with my lap top

extra monitor with my lap top: Is it possible to set up an additional monitor next to my laptop... essentially creating dual monitors but with a stand alone monitor and a laptop? Its what I'm working with... likely not but throwing out the question anyway......
  7. my lap top is slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my lap top is slow: my lap top is being very slow, every time I open YouTube, it blocks so I can unblock it again, than I watch videos at yt and they pause every single time, someone told me that I need to clean my restore usage, but I don't know what procedures to follow, need some info and...
  8. lap top

lap top: audio I have a red x on the icon audio no sound at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lap-top/6fe4756d-c0b4-4272-a0af-8de6694112ee
  9. I have 2 desk top inst on my lap top I think this is slowing down my lap top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 2 desk top inst on my lap top I think this is slowing down my lap top: I have two desk top inst on my lap top. I think it is messing with my lap tops ability and efficiency https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/i-have-2-desk-top-inst-on-my-lap-top-i-think-this/cfda97ba-dd14-4083-adb2-10100f32eb40
  10. lap top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lap top: Hello I want to take my lap top back to factory mode and start afresh. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_news/lap-top/791f4c4f-fc52-4287-bbe9-41842fa4de12