Windows 10: play an old game on windows 10. i think it is windows 2003 game.

Discus and support play an old game on windows 10. i think it is windows 2003 game. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi can anyone help with my question. I have an old game of LINKS 2003 which I found in the cupboard and decided I couldn't play it on windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by narelleyp, Jun 27, 2019.

1. narelleyp Win User

play an old game on windows 10. i think it is windows 2003 game.

hi

can anyone help with my question.

I have an old game of LINKS 2003 which I found in the cupboard and decided I couldn't play it on windows 10. would anyone know if this is going to be possible or will I just scrap it? thank you in advance.

cheers

Narelle

:)

narelleyp, Jun 27, 2019

2. old games[ 2003/2008] to play on windows 10

How do i get old games to play on windows 10

john smithsVB, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Unable to play old games in Windows 10

Hello Larry,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing with old games on Windows 10?

• On which operating system that the games ran successfully?

• Which game are you referring to?

• Do you get any error message?

You might be facing this issue due to the incompatibility of the game with Windows 10. So I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Now, to install in Compatibility Mode, follow these steps:

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the driver installation program.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8/ Windows 7
    with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

e. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us with the results we will be happy to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 27, 2019
  4. play an old game on windows 10. i think it is windows 2003 game.

Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

play an old game on windows 10. i think it is windows 2003 game.

1. play an old game on windows 10. i think it is windows 2003 game. - Similar Threads - play old game

2. can't play on multiplayer in Links 2003 Golf game.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't play on multiplayer in Links 2003 Golf game.: can't play on multiplayer in Links 2003 Golf game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-on-multiplayer-in-links-2003-golf-game/6dafad15-2feb-4e60-853a-244fe364a4d4
  3. Can't play an old game on disc on Windows 10 Age of Mythology Gold 2004 I think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play an old game on disc on Windows 10 Age of Mythology Gold 2004 I think: I recently wanted to go back and play a game from my child hood on my laptop which has no disc tray, so I'm using a USB connected disc tray. I installed the game onto my laptop, everything going fine. But when I try run the game I get the message: Access Denied Please...
  4. Old game Total club manager 2003 On windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Old game Total club manager 2003 On windows 10: Dear microsoft, I'm trying and trying. I've Done all kinds of compatability settings to try and run an old game. The game, Total club manager 2003, is simply unable to run on windows 10. can you help me out, make an update or something. As it is, im trying to reinstall win 7...
  5. How to play old pc games on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to play old pc games on windows 10: hi i am just wondering how i can play old pc games on my windows 10 gaming pc, it's games like resident evil 1 1996 version and so on!, i have a steam account and i can get certain old games on it but not all!, so is there any suggestions where i can get alot of old games...
  6. Blue/green graphics error on old game (2003)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue/green graphics error on old game (2003): So I recently got my hands on one of the old 2003 pc games me and my cousin used to play when we were younger and we decided to take a trip down memory lane lol We installed it, I tried running it on default - it crashed. So I tried running it with the recommended...
  7. Play an old Game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Play an old Game: Cheers guys, I'm trying to play Unreal Tournament in my new release of Windows 10, but I can't. The This is my old favorite window xp game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-an-old-game/7fe6ad08-9df3-46d4-afb6-21984837f2d6
  8. Cant play old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant play old games: Hey my windows 10 cant play some old games command and conquer Tiberian Sun and command and conquer Red alert 2 it says one or more dlls are missing please reinstall and i have...
  9. I can't play old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't play old games: Can somebody help i have windows 10 4 gb ram 3.1 ghz processor and 2 gb graphics card. Today i want to play game called x ray ball and it's released in 2004 but i can't play i just crash i have problems too in some old games from that year or another. Old games are so slow...
  10. Playing Old Dos Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing Old Dos Games: I have an Old Dos Game that I was able to find in bin format and was trying to figure out how to play it on Windows 10. I was trying to figure out DosBox but maybe it's just me but it's too complicated. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks 36500