Windows 10: Play audio on all connected devices simultaneously and control which application is allowed...

Discus and support Play audio on all connected devices simultaneously and control which application is allowed... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'd like to be able to play my audio on all connected devices simultaneously. Now when you connect multiple devices, you'll have to choose which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Niek Verduin, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Play audio on all connected devices simultaneously and control which application is allowed...

I'd like to be able to play my audio on all connected devices simultaneously.

Now when you connect multiple devices, you'll have to choose which device you want the audio played on. And when you choose a device, you choose it for all audio played on the computer.

For example, sometimes I connect a tv and bluetooth speakers to my laptop and I'd like them all to play the same audio (conferance call with multiple people in the same room).

It would also be helpfull to be able to choose which application is allowed to play on which device. For example all audio is allowed to play on the laptop (Outlook notifications), but not on the television and the bluetooth speakers (only the conference call).

:)

Niek Verduin, Apr 3, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 simultaneous A2DP streams playing different Audio?

Dear Darshan,

thank you for your reply!

I'm using

• a Samsung Notebook Type NP700Z7C-S01DE
    • Windows 10 Pro, Version 1511, Build 10586.545
    • with an integrated Intel Wireless Bluetooth Adapter (Driver Version 18.1.1525.1445)
    • Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator Version 10.0.10586.212
    • Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator Version 10.0.10586.545
    • and two Bluetooth-Audio Modules
      • Manufacturer: Microchip
      • Name: RN-52-EK (Evaluation Boards)
      • They use Microsoft Driver Version 10.0.10586.545

Play audio on all connected devices simultaneously and control which application is allowed... 2033c42b-669a-4012-9a37-4d2f19656cf2.jpg

These Bluetooth Modules (referred to "Module 1" and "Module 2" in my initial post) provide (among others) the Bluetooth A2DP profile and therefore are registered in the PC as Sound Devices (Headsets):

Play audio on all connected devices simultaneously and control which application is allowed... 24db8394-4db2-404e-97d6-ef36eefb6052.png

Play audio on all connected devices simultaneously and control which application is allowed... 38c6b397-901a-4299-b9b7-f4c36b03f991.png

Now the situation is as follows:

• Both RN52 work fine
    • I can select either of them or the Notebooks Realtek Soundcard as standard
    However, my intention is to use BOTH RN52 simultaneously. I'm evaluating the possibility to use multiple Bluetooth Sound Devices at the same time to build a Windows based Multichannel Audio System.
    We need to play different Audio Streams on different Bluetooth-Sound-Devices Simultaneously.

I've successfully tested to

• use one RN52 Module as Standard Sound Device and play some Audio via Mediaplayer
    • SIMULTANEOUSLY use Audacity Sound Application to play another wav-File through the Realtek Soundcard of my Notebook

Play audio on all connected devices simultaneously and control which application is allowed... 95731644-1933-41e8-b0af-46cd32ea0a11.png

The Problem is: as soon as I switch Audacity to the second RN52-Bluetooth Sound Device, the Sound Output gets corrupted (sounds like sampling hangs).

I suspect that the Windows bthA2DP.sys Driver does not support simultaneous use of multiple Bluetooth-Audio-Devices. Can you confirm this or is it possible to implement a multichannel sound device on windows using multiple Bluetooth-A2DP Devices?

BR

Sven

sczeisberg, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Play audio on all connected devices simultaneously and control which application is allowed...

Fail to play test tone on any audio device.

My computer is a windows 10 alienware laptop that has failed to play a test tone with my speakers, tv or bluetooth headphones. I believe my bluetooth headphones were connected when I walked out of range and disconnected which started the issue. I have tried
    the following things to try and fix it.

Disabling and enabling the audio speakers

• Updating the drivers
    • Uninstalling the drivers and restarting so that it automatically puts in the audio driver
    • Restarting the Windows Audio Services

sfc scannow to repair corrupted files

Change the sample rate of the audio

Disable audio enhancements
    • Enable applications to take exclusive control of the device.
    • Disable applications to take exclusive control of the device.
    • I checked and no updates have been installed since it was working.

Install High Definition Audio Device
    • Run the troubleshooter
    • Set audio speakers as the Default
    • Try other speaker options such as BT headphones and a TV through HDMI
    • Change local and user group settings
    Any help and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

JeremyDonahue, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Play audio on all connected devices simultaneously and control which application is allowed...

1. Play audio on all connected devices simultaneously and control which application is allowed... - Similar Threads - Play audio connected

2. the pc connect the controller as a audio device fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the pc connect the controller as a audio device fix: the pc connect the controller as a audio device fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-pc-connect-the-controller-as-a-audio-device/85f572e6-fbfb-4bfc-abaa-5e1c63848b52
  3. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device: I've tried connecting my headphones via bluetooth several times now. They connect, they show up as headphones, the computer recognizes them as an audio device. However, it will not allow me to play sound out of them. I went to the device under all audio devices, clicked...
  4. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device: I've tried connecting my headphones via bluetooth several times now. They connect, they show up as headphones, the computer recognizes them as an audio device. However, it will not allow me to play sound out of them. I went to the device under all audio devices, clicked...
  5. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. How to control which bluetooth audio device auto-connects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to control which bluetooth audio device auto-connects: Hi,I have multiple bluetooth devices connected to my computer, including input devices like keyboard and mouse but also speakers, and my phone. My phone connects over bluetooth to Phone Link and I use it to get messages on my PC. The problem I am seeing is that when my...
  7. How to control which bluetooth audio device auto-connects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to control which bluetooth audio device auto-connects: Hi,I have multiple bluetooth devices connected to my computer, including input devices like keyboard and mouse but also speakers, and my phone. My phone connects over bluetooth to Phone Link and I use it to get messages on my PC. The problem I am seeing is that when my...
  8. Ps4 controller connected as other devices not audio

Ps4 controller connected as other devices not audio: My ps4 controller is connecting as other devices in the setting tab but I'm not using my controller for gaming I'm using it just to connect my headphones on it and to use it as an audio device so if any admin can help me with with issue pls contact!...
  9. Unchecked Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unchecked Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device not working: In the sound control panel - Recording - Microphone - Advanced I unchecked the option Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device , but some applications like Microsoft Teams, Battle.net keep taking control and resetting the level of the microphone. Any...
  10. ps4 controller connecting as an audio device

ps4 controller connecting as an audio device: I have used this same controller and PC plenty of times with no issues. then one day I plugged in my controller and now it is only recognized as an audio device. I have tried disabling it and plugging it back in, updating the driver, uninstalling the device, e.t.c. nothing in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow a bluetooth device to connect

2. allow a device to connect windows 10

3. windows app to allow bluetooth and usb speakere simultaneously