Windows 10: play back devices not showing

Discus and support play back devices not showing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i plugged in a headset and m it not showing in audio play back devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackSimpson4, Jul 22, 2019.

1. play back devices not showing

i plugged in a headset and m it not showing in audio play back devices

:)

JackSimpson4, Jul 22, 2019

2. My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Some devices might be listed under hidden devices in Device Manager, I suggest you to open Device Manager then click on View option and click on Show hidden devices. Once it is done, check whether you can find the device.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the device with other USB ports and check if it is detected (If you are connecting through USB).

Also, try updating the USB drivers and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

-Open Device Manager.

-Find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

-Right-click on each driver listed and click on Update Driver Software

-Restart the system after updating the drivers.

-Try connecting the device and check if the issue still persists.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jul 22, 2019
  4. play back devices not showing

How do I add a "Play device" to my "Playback devices"?

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select "Playback Devices".
    • On a empty space, right click and select both Show Disconnected/Disabled Devices
    • Check if your headphone is shown in the devices list.
    • If yes, right click on it select and Set as default device.

Hope this helps you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

play back devices not showing

1. play back devices not showing - Similar Threads - play devices showing

2. no play back devices listed in audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no play back devices listed in audio: Audio devices are showing in device manager, but on audio , no playback devices are listed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-play-back-devices-listed-in-audio/2e4af64e-8960-44d3-a229-66d7a7f9f1cb
  3. select play back device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    select play back device: recently when trying to change speekers and headphones the little icons bar would be stuck scrolled up i can scrool down but it just jupms back up super fast i have to play mouce jimnastics to get it to change ro go to the device settings ive checked both my key board and...
  4. select play back device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    select play back device: recently when trying to change speekers and headphones the little icons bar would be stuck scrolled up i can scrool down but it just jupms back up super fast i have to play mouce jimnastics to get it to change ro go to the device settings ive checked both my key board and...
  5. select play back device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. "Select play back device" is stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Select play back device" is stuck: Stange bug ive never had before. When i click on the speaker icon on my task bar. I bring up the Volume bar and the selected audio Playback appears above the audio bar. When I try to select a separate audio device from that menu, the selection on the top is highlighted and...
  7. "Select play back device" is stuck

"Select play back device" is stuck: Stange bug ive never had before. When i click on the speaker icon on my task bar. I bring up the Volume bar and the selected audio Playback appears above the audio bar. When I try to select a separate audio device from that menu, the selection on the top is highlighted and...
  8. "Select play back device" is stuck

9. "Select play back device" is stuck

10. "Select play back device" is stuck