Windows 10: Play in context menu not showing Windows 10

Discus and support Play in context menu not showing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know how, but now for some reason when i right click any mp3 or wav or any sound file the "play" option doesn't appear at the top of the menu:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tanksarevictory, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Play in context menu not showing Windows 10

I don't know how, but now for some reason when i right click any mp3 or wav or any sound file the "play" option doesn't appear at the top of the menu:

Play in context menu not showing Windows 10 f383831b-1cc1-4656-91a3-70e53fdc199a?upload=true.png

I've tried the following:

- disabling and re enabling windows media player

- restarting the computer

- opening the file with a different program like VLC

help!!

:)

tanksarevictory, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10  

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Step 1. Open with > choose another app

Play in context menu not showing Windows 10 [​IMG]

Step 2, click More apps

Step 3. scroll down to the bottom of the list to find Look for another app on this PC

Step 4. browse and find Windows Media Player wmplayer.exe then click Open

3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Play in context menu not showing Windows 10 :(

ArmoredCavalry, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Play in context menu not showing Windows 10

Context menu problem

Hi,

Your concern with the context menu can be due to the configuration of your device and/or broken system files. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last known changes made/activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • If you've experienced your concern on all areas in Windows 10 where context menu is expected to be available. Examples are File Explorer and desktop icons.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In addition, we'd like to request for a screenshot of your concern with the context menu.

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing a clean boot in Windows to isolate software conflicts on your device. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this link.
    In the clean boot environment, check if you'll be able to load the usual options for the context menu. The link will also provide steps to isolate the possible cause of the issue. Once you're done troubleshooting, check the How
    to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    section to revert your device to normal boot.

If you still experience your concern while in the clean boot environment, we'd recommend creating a new user/administrator account to isolate profile related issues. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Play in context menu not showing Windows 10

1. Play in context menu not showing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Play context menu

2. Windows Explorer Context Menu icons are not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Context Menu icons are not Showing: Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-context-menu-icons-are-not/a350ccea-e48f-4a68-bbeb-f2b1fbf569ba
  3. Windows Explorer Context Menu icons are not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Context Menu icons are not Showing: Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-context-menu-icons-are-not/a350ccea-e48f-4a68-bbeb-f2b1fbf569ba
  4. My "Context Menu Right -> Show more options " shows me the older windows 10 type context...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My "Context Menu Right -> Show more options " shows me the older windows 10 type context...: The blue selection looks ugly and i have seen other who usually have the proper greyed out highlighting with proper margins and padding in the UI. Please help me fix this as i have seen this in multiple devices...
  5. windows 10 context menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 context menu: Windows 10.The "new" item disappeared from the context menu. Based on internet recommendations, I modified the registry:HKEY_CLASSES-ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\newthe "default" value was modified by adding:{D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719}Now I...
  6. Context menu icon not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu icon not showing: I created this .reg file to show Locate32.exe icon on context menu, but it is not there: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\locate\command] @="D:\\Programs\\Locate\\Locate32.exe /p \"%1\""...
  7. Context menu separator lines not showing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context menu separator lines not showing in Windows 10: Hi, Since I started using Windows 8, I used a custom all in one context menu with separator lines between the subcommands menu items, but with Windows 10 the separator lines doesn't show at all. Any Ideas to how make the separator lines show again? 8725
  8. Start Menu context menu on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu context menu on Windows 10: Hi All, Thanks for visiting my thread. I'm rebuilding all computers to Windows 10 at the School I work at. I've been able to lock down everything using Group Policy and Registry tweaks apart from two niggling little issues. 1. I can't get rid of Open file location when...
  9. Add Slide Show Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Slide Show Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Slide Show Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Slide Show to Context Menu of Files in Windows 10 [img] Information When you select one or more images in a folder containing pictures (image files) in Windows 10, you can view them as a slide show. By...
  10. Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10 Add or Remove "Play with Windows Media Player" Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information To play media files with Windows Media Player no matter the default app, you can select the file(s) you...