Windows 10: Play movies from Computer to TV

Discus and support Play movies from Computer to TV in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is my last question for the day. My setup is like this VGA cord from computer with Windows 10 to monitor and HDMI cord from computer to TV. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Oct 31, 2018.

1. huffman Win User

Play movies from Computer to TV

This is my last question for the day.

My setup is like this VGA cord from computer with Windows 10 to monitor and HDMI cord from computer to TV.

I have watched several tutorials (not on this site, If there is one let me know). I have tried to follow the instructions, but I must be doing something wrong or my Windows 10 does NOT have the tools to make it happen.

I sure could use some help on this.

Thanks a bunch.

:)

huffman, Oct 31, 2018

2. Movies & TV will not play mpg files on my Windows 10 computer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play.mpg formats on Movies and TV app. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if the video formats that you are trying to play is supported by Movies and TV app.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/file-formats-for-the-movies-tv-app

I would like to inform you that .mpg is not listed as the file format supported by Movies and TV app.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

DTS audio is not playing on Movies&Tv

Hi Abdul,

A DTS audio file format is not supported by the Movies&Tv app which is why you're unable to play it. To better assist you, we suggest that you visit this

link
    . From there you'll see all of the file formats being supported by the Movies&Tv app.

Hope this information is helpful.

Paolo Mag, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Play movies from Computer to TV - Similar Threads - Play movies Computer

2. Movies And TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies And TV: Hello There, Since I Have Reinstalled My Movies And TV App Whenever I Play A Video It Says "Cant Play Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.Error 0x800700ea I Watched The Same Video On Other Players Like...
  3. Movies and TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV: Hello, I have rented a few movies in the Microsoft Store on my PC, but I want to watch them on my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, is there any way I can watch the movies I bought on my phone? Is there a certain app I can download? I can't find the Movies and TV app...
  4. Movies & TV

Movies & TV: I have windows 10. Why are all the movies I rent EXPIRED on the same day as I rent them??? It all began on Dec. 07, 2019. The registry fix is impossibe> How do I get what I have PAID for??????...
  5. Movies & TV will not play the movies I have paid for.

Movies & TV will not play the movies I have paid for.: Can't play Can't perform the requested action because access requires a user name and password. 0x80190191 But, you know, I am already signed in...otherwise how could I possibly be looking at the movies I have paid for on the "purchased" dashboard. And...I have signed...
  6. Movies&TV not playing video files 0x887c0077

Movies&TV not playing video files 0x887c0077: Hello, I recently updated Windows 10. After the update, it asked if I'd like to delete the old copy of Windows to free up drive space. I did that, now none of my video files, it doesn't matter if it's mp4 or not, will play for a half of second then give me error...
  7. Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV: How do I stop Movies & TV application from starting alone when I put it into Pause? I stopped auto play in the Microsoft Store settings and it stills plays around 10 seconds after I put it in Pause. Thanks...
  8. Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset

Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset: The app shows a black screen in my HTC Vive headset when trying to play movies. Plays fine on my monitor. In headset only sound, subtitles and the pop up showing what the film is when loading, but no film. Can watch Netflix fine, Youtube fine. Unsure if this has always been a...
  9. No Color in Movies and TV while playing videos

No Color in Movies and TV while playing videos: Why no color in The app Movies and TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/no-color-in-movies-and-tv-while-playing-videos/e8321ded-81c1-4e47-982b-9618990b361d
  10. Movie & TV

Movie & TV: Hello, Movie & Tv do not read .mov video. It works on VCL, windows media player, itunes, Quicktime, but not Movie & Tv. Do you have a solution ? Thank you 27617