Windows 10: Play of MP4 attachments to emails

Discus and support Play of MP4 attachments to emails in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got no hits searching the internet for an answer to this problem. Did not even find anyone reporting the same problem. I have a problem playing MP4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DarylFoster1, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Play of MP4 attachments to emails

I got no hits searching the internet for an answer to this problem. Did not even find anyone reporting the same problem.
    I have a problem playing MP4 videos that have been sent as attachments to emails. This is a new (to me) problem and I cannot connect it to any changes or updates etc. Usually they will play for 5 to 20 seconds and then freeze. If I download them to my videos and try to play them I get the same result. The time line keeps running. I’m using Win 10 and Windows live mail 2012. Default player is VLC Media layer. Videos from all other sources play fine on VLC and on other players installed which I assume rules out a player fault. I have no other problems with sending, receiving or opening emails etc. I have a second email service via my internet service provider. Again everything works fine with it except playing MP4 attached videos. I get an error message saying “this site cannot provide a secure connection, shaw cable sent an invalid response”. I don’t use this email service so that is not a problem but there is more. If I try to download the attachment from here to my videos it gives the same error message. I tried converting some of the videos that I had downloaded to my videos from windows Live mail with my dependable Corel Video Studio 9. Without changing the format one then played properly, others had the same error. Some I could not load on Corel with an error message saying “file format mismatch”. Confusing as they are all MP4. All other types of attachments work normally. Links in emails to videos work properly.

Thanks, Daryl

:)

DarylFoster1, Jun 4, 2019

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jun 4, 2019
  3. how can I play an mp4 attachment to a received email?

how do I [lay a mp4 attachment to an email?

DonaldThompson2, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Play of MP4 attachments to emails

Unable to play mp4. file from outloook.

Trying to play a mp4 file that is an attachment in outlook. when trying to play a MP4 file that is an attachment in outlook. The phone gives me it can not play this video. Now when I pull the file into My vidoes and put it on my phone through zune...
    The file plays. Any suggestion on getting it to stream through....

Thanks

Added note I try to put the file up on my Sky drive and it will not play from there.

MarkGreenplate, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Play of MP4 attachments to emails

1. Play of MP4 attachments to emails - Similar Threads - Play MP4 attachments

2. why cant i play mp4's that are attached to an email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i play mp4's that are attached to an email?: why cant i automatically open mp4's that are emailed to me? windows media is selected as the default for all mp's. windows 11 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-play-mp4s-that-are-attached-to-an-email/ba9d1acc-e2ba-491d-84f7-bfade8c46cc3
  3. why cant i play mp4's that are attached to an email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why cant i play mp4's that are attached to an email?: why cant i automatically open mp4's that are emailed to me? windows media is selected as the default for all mp's. windows 11 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-play-mp4s-that-are-attached-to-an-email/ba9d1acc-e2ba-491d-84f7-bfade8c46cc3
  4. Power Point mobile will not play attached mp4 file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Point mobile will not play attached mp4 file: I have MS PowerPoint 2016 on one computer , and put PowerPoint Mobile on my presentation computer.I can convert PowerPoint 2016 to PP 2003 .ppt format and the video will play using the 2003 player.I can use the PowerPoint 2016 computer to do the presentation, but this is not...
  5. Playing MP4 files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playing MP4 files: Win10 v.2012 Build 19042.685 My wife sent me one she'd revived to play on my desktop, as sound on her tablet was weak. As Windows 10 hasn't a suitable player. I installed vlc-3.0.11. The file still won't play. Will anyone, please, advise me why this is happening? 170888
  6. How to reduce size of mp4 files for email attachment?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to reduce size of mp4 files for email attachment?: Am downloading video files - MP4 - up to 15mb trying to send to contacts as email attachments. Some contacts can playback but others are unable to open the files. Need app to reduce size of these files so that all contacts can see them. Information on MS apps that will...
  7. MP4 files will not play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MP4 files will not play: Suddenly mp4 files that have been forward to me will not play in VLC. When I click on the file I end up with this message: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\SB53GZ50\ plus statement Invalid Value for Registery. I am not positive but it seems to have...
  8. Cant play MP4

Cant play MP4: CTV footage from a garage has been recorded for me and loaded onto a USB. However I can seem to open the MP4, I understand it might be lack of codec, but how do I know what one I will need and find a safe source to download it from. Many thanks...
  9. MP4 attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    MP4 attachments: I am unable to open MP4 attachments in Gmail. I suspect I may have pushed a button in error or deleted something in an effort to clean up some of the clutter. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-attachments/4742e093-c44a-419e-90c8-6e87ad165be6
  10. MP4 attachment from my android Galaxy 5s will not play

MP4 attachment from my android Galaxy 5s will not play: I used the anniversary update to change from windows 7 professional to windows 10. Now video's I email from my phone that say they are MP4 will not play. What do I have to do to correct this? 61588