Windows 10: Play Purpose

Discus and support Play Purpose in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm a 71 year old person who has loved cards since my mother taught me at the age of 3. I'm also an IT retiree. I've enjoyed the comments from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KarenBryon, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Play Purpose

I'm a 71 year old person who has loved cards since my mother taught me at the age of 3. I'm also an IT retiree.

I've enjoyed the comments from everyone about why to play and the purpose of cheaters.

I play to keep my mind working and enjoy the game/competition. I agree that there are cheaters. How they are doing it by programming 'assistants' was obvious to me from the start. Technically I'm sure I could figure out how to put together and use these 'assistants'. But then it would become a 'who writes the best program' challenge than the real reason I participate which is to play competitive solitaire and challenge my mind.

Yes I wish the people who are engaging the 'program challenge' could be separated from the ones who are into the solitaire challenge.

Technically it would require Microsoft adding some software that separates the 'time' a play is performed against the 'time' that could be possilbe using a touch or mouse approach. If the time is less than a touch or mouse approach, then the player has a 'technical assistant'. Then these players could be separated into a 'program challenge' group.

This won't help separate people who are using a second account or looking at a 'online solution' before playing. But it's a start.

:)

KarenBryon, Sep 21, 2019

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 21, 2019
  3. w10 auto play dead

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn on auto play for DVD and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “auto play”.
    • Under the tab “choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device” check the box “Use auto play for all media and devices”.
    • Then under the option DVD you can select the appropriate option and check if it helps.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 21, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Play Purpose

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Play Purpose :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Play Purpose

1. Play Purpose - Similar Threads - Play Purpose

2. Impossible to play games with Windows 11 and the existing advice makes no sense

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to play games with Windows 11 and the existing advice makes no sense: I recently bought a new desktop with Windows 11, but I'm finding it impossible to play computer games. I play a range of MMOs, and the same problem is occuring with all of them. I never had this problem with my old Windows 10 computer, and I still do not have this problem on...
  3. Impossible to play games with Windows 11 and the existing advice makes no sense

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to play games with Windows 11 and the existing advice makes no sense: I recently bought a new desktop with Windows 11, but I'm finding it impossible to play computer games. I play a range of MMOs, and the same problem is occuring with all of them. I never had this problem with my old Windows 10 computer, and I still do not have this problem on...
  4. I have Bluescreen system service exception while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have Bluescreen system service exception while playing games: I run the windbg and it shows that SYMBOL_NAME: nt!ExpAcquireResourceSharedLite+6ca MODULE_NAME: nt IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.19041.2251 STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff801680ba920 ; kb BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 6ca FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  5. I have Bluescreen system service exception while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Bluescreen system service exception while playing games: I run the windbg and it shows that SYMBOL_NAME: nt!ExpAcquireResourceSharedLite+6ca MODULE_NAME: nt IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.19041.2251 STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff801680ba920 ; kb BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 6ca FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  6. I have Bluescreen system service exception while playing games

7. How can i mute all incoming messages from multiple apps SAME TIME when i play games for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i mute all incoming messages from multiple apps SAME TIME when i play games for...: Here is idea. I have opend Telegram, Discord, Steam, Battle.net - same time I want to work at project or to play a game. How i can "1 click" disable all notification from these apps. Only manual each one by one?I Know Windows 11 have button "dont bother" or smth like this in...
  8. How can i mute all incoming messages from multiple apps SAME TIME when i play games for...

How can i mute all incoming messages from multiple apps SAME TIME when i play games for...: Here is idea. I have opend Telegram, Discord, Steam, Battle.net - same time I want to work at project or to play a game. How i can "1 click" disable all notification from these apps. Only manual each one by one?I Know Windows 11 have button "dont bother" or smth like this in...
  9. How to install WSA play store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install WSA play store?: I already installed WSA but not play store yet, as I have an error message, how to fix this issue? It happened when I run "Run.bat" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-wsa-play-store/1466546d-d40b-4d9f-9ec8-c3fe813a01ab
  10. How to install WSA play store?

How to install WSA play store?: I already installed WSA but not play store yet, as I have an error message, how to fix this issue? It happened when I run "Run.bat" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-wsa-play-store/1466546d-d40b-4d9f-9ec8-c3fe813a01ab