Windows 10: Play records through microphone line

Discus and support Play records through microphone line in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys i need your help. :) I'm looking for a programme that allow to play records (that i make) through microphone line. I work as a pollster at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Talibowy, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Talibowy Win User

Play records through microphone line

Hey guys i need your help. Play records through microphone line :) I'm looking for a programme that allow to play records (that i make) through microphone line.

I work as a pollster at home, on my private computer (with Windows 10). And as it happens on this job, people quite rarely agree for an interview so most of the time i repeat the same introduction and this kills my throat. So I would like to record some of the lines I say and play it. But I can't use any binds, because the programme that I use to do interviews doesn't...

Talibowy, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Play records through microphone line

Microphone Problems (Please Help)

Hi Larry,

We'd like to verify a few things in order for us to assist you effectively. Kindly confirm the following:

Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.)

• Do you get an error when you're trying to use your microphone?
    • What is the make and model of your microphone?
    • How did you install your microphone to your Windows 10 PC? Kindly verify if the steps below are the same as the steps you have performed:

To install a new microphone, follow these steps:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the volume icon on the taskbar and select
      Recording Devices

• In the Recording tab, select the microphone or recording device you'd like to set up. Select
      Configure.

• Select Set up microphone, and follow the steps of the
      Microphone Setup Wizard

To test a microphone that has already been installed:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the volume icon on the taskbar and select
      Recording Devices

• In the Recording tab, look for green bars rising as you speak into your recording device. If the bars are moving, your device is connected and working properly.

Let us know.

Joanna 777, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Play records through microphone line - Similar Threads - Play records through

2. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  3. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  4. Laptop audio plays through microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop audio plays through microphone: I just got a brand new laptop, and whenever I use my microphone (discord call, camera app, etc.), the actual laptop audio plays through into the microphone. This continues to happen even if I mute the mic via the mute switch on my headset. I only have this problem when I plug...
  5. System audio/sound plays through microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System audio/sound plays through microphone: Hi Microsoft, I have been trying this issue for a while, this is going to be my last resort. Basically, my headset Mic picks up anything that is playing in my computer. no, There is no audio bleed from the headphones & if I am in a call in a discord for eg. they can hear...
  6. Problem with output audio playing through microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with output audio playing through microphone: I have been having a really annoying issue where audio from my headphones plays through my microphone. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers in the Device Managers window, but I have had no luck. Audio enhancements are all disabled, both the microphone and...
  7. Audio playing through microphone

Audio playing through microphone: All of my audio is playing through my microphone on discord, teamspeak, game chat etc. and I can't seem to fix it. Its not my microphone because when I mute my mic on my headset the audio still plays. I have tried disabling all of the other audio devices besides my headset...
  8. my microphone has a line through it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my microphone has a line through it: my microphone has a line through why an can it be fix so i can use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-has-a-line-through-it/fbc40b43-d852-4ec0-ac79-ea68a5259874
  9. Fortnite audio playing through microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fortnite audio playing through microphone: So while playing fortnite, i'm in a party with others and the problem is they can hear my game audio. I've disabled all options besides microphone, and the issue persists. Any feedback would be appreciated, as this is driving me crazy....
  10. [HELP] Microphone playing through my speakers

[HELP] Microphone playing through my speakers: It had something to do with Cortana maybe, i dont know but my microphone started playing (once i activated it for cortana) through my speaker and i have no idea how to turn this around, any help is welcome. 48942