Windows 10: play thru player

Discus and support play thru player in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; what is it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/play-thru-player/c4ba9b3b-a9f6-4530-b8d5-8177d40f51ba Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RhettJohannsen, May 21, 2020.

1. play thru player

what is it

:)

RhettJohannsen, May 21, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10  

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Step 1. Open with > choose another app

play thru player [​IMG]

Step 2, click More apps

play thru player [​IMG]

Step 3. scroll down to the bottom of the list to find Look for another app on this PC

play thru player [​IMG]

Step 4. browse and find Windows Media Player wmplayer.exe then click Open

play thru player [​IMG]

3. Media Player Errors - Stops playing

Hi Donald,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if issue persists.

Method 1: Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter, please refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Reinstall Windows Media player

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media Player and check. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows Key +X, select Programs and Features.

• Click on Turn Windows features ON or OFF on the left panel.

• Expand Media Features and uncheck the box against Windows Media Player.

• Click OK and restart if prompted. Follow the same procedure and check the box against Windows Media Player to reinstall.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, May 22, 2020
  4. play thru player

MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 22, 2020
Thema:

play thru player

1. play thru player - Similar Threads - play thru player

2. External DVD player not Playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External DVD player not Playing: I have a fairly new Laptop & have just bought an external DVD Player but I cannot get it to play.I have installed various DVD software including Microsoft Media Player even paying extra but still no joy. See photo of error message from this. It shows that the disc doesn't...
  3. External DVD player not Playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD player not Playing: I have a fairly new Laptop & have just bought an external DVD Player but I cannot get it to play.I have installed various DVD software including Microsoft Media Player even paying extra but still no joy. See photo of error message from this. It shows that the disc doesn't...
  4. Trying to burn music thru windows media player,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to burn music thru windows media player,: Disk drive almost completes burn then it kicks me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-burn-music-thru-windows-media-player/f8e0decd-b093-48ff-8be8-fd2f311a1578
  5. pc crashes when playing valhalla thru ubisoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc crashes when playing valhalla thru ubisoft: ive played it many times before but for some rreason it started crashing nooothing is overheating everything is fine so i went to google to see who else has had this problem aand of course im not the only so one person said that its pc clock is not synced and so i did...
  6. pc crashes when playing valhalla thru ubisoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc crashes when playing valhalla thru ubisoft: ive played it many times before but for some rreason it started crashing nooothing is overheating everything is fine so i went to google to see who else has had this problem aand of course im not the only so one person said that its pc clock is not synced and so i did...
  7. playing MP3 player on laptop

playing MP3 player on laptop: My question is generic to all Windows laptops; so system specs are not an issue. I would like to know the pros and cons using of both USB and 1/8" stereo jack inputs to connect an MP3 player to a laptop. Why? ... I wish to listen to some of the music stored on an MP3...
  8. window media player not playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    window media player not playing: hi my windows media player is not playing my cd / dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-media-player-not-playing/4ebe7a1e-b5f8-4a2c-a9ee-38dfe6511744
  9. play music thru bluetooth speaker

play music thru bluetooth speaker: i have paired my bluetooth speaker, and it plays sounds from the computer (on/off etc) but does not play my music. what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/play-music-thru-bluetooth-speaker/7168ed48-7675-4ca2-834a-705cb77ec6ed
  10. Play MP4 in Media PLayer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Play MP4 in Media PLayer: Since Win 10 update I can longer play MP4 videos I used to be able to play in Win 7, using Windows Media Player. Why has this function stopped? I thought win 10 was an "improvement". This is the error message - Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might...