Windows 10: Play video before login screen

Discus and support Play video before login screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ok, Im so confused about this. if you go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05K5glVCwis&t=767s on minute 12:45 . you see, when he start up his pc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JerBlox, Sep 16, 2021.

1. JerBlox Win User

Play video before login screen

ok, Im so confused about this. if you go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05K5glVCwis&t=767s on minute 12:45 . you see, when he start up his pc, before he login, the video plays automaticaly, I want to do that too. He shows how to do it but not in detail, he just told us to go to a website about it, this is the website: https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2196026-windows-10-play-a-video-upon-login-before-loading-the-desktop . ok now, I tried to do what the website says, but I dont really understand how the code works. I just copy paste it, and it doesnt do anything. Please h

:)

JerBlox, Sep 16, 2021
  2. Mohan B P Win User

I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 16, 2021
  4. Pawan1709 Win User

upgraded from 7 to 10. youtube videos won't play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Which internet browser are you using to play online videos?

• Which video are you referring by “others?”

• Are you using a local or Microsoft user account?

• Are you getting any error on trying to play videos?

I suggest you to login using a Microsoft account, in case you are not logged into one and try the below steps and check if it helps,

Step 1: If issue is with Internet explorer, I suggest you to refer this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Step 2: Ensure to install any pending updates on the system and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back with the above details so that we can assist you further, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Play video before login screen - Similar Threads - Play video before

2. grey screen before login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    grey screen before login: so for some reason for the past few days probably after the latest windows update every time i turn on my pc after the windows loading and before the login screen i get a grey screen it does not affect anything and it goes away after 5-10 seconds and windows starts normally...
  3. Play Video After Login and Before Load the Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play Video After Login and Before Load the Desktop: Can anyone know how to play a video right after you login but before you load the desktop itself. I really want to do it like in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05K5glVCwis&t=6s in minute 12:54. I already went to the link that were given to do it but I can't figure it out....
  4. Play Video After Login and Before Load the Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Play Video After Login and Before Load the Desktop: Can anyone know how to play a video right after you login but before you load the desktop itself. I really want to do it like in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05K5glVCwis&t=6s in minute 12:54. I already went to the link that were given to do it but I can't figure it out....
  5. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen before login: My pc screen is black before login in ...i have tried all posible ways to fix the black screen ....and i cant boot it in safe mode ...pls help me i have exam pls pls...
  6. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen before login: I was recently doing a system restore after my computer started acting wonky, however, the restore got hung up, so after about 10 hours or so, I gave up and did a hard shutdown. Now when I’m booting up my laptop, i get the Acer splash screen, however, after that I just get a...
  7. Blank screen before Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen before Login: I've been using window 10 since day one and did a clean install 11/14/19. Started have problems around 6/20/19 upgrade. Now using Windows 10 1909 V 18363.657. It keep getting a blank/black screen before I can see login screen. If i hit my rest button to reboot "once", I can...
  8. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen before login: Build 1903 During computet action: restore point restorin pc registry files message Hard shoutdown preformed! Now computer has black screen after boot! No sign in loaded Harddrivr LED blinking Is there a way to fix!...
  9. Black Screen Before Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen Before Login: After the update of october 2018 update 1809 my laptop is having a problem of black screen before the sign in page. It takes around 8 to 10 seconds to show the lock screen. I don't know what's the problem. I feel so annoying as this is a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and i5...
  10. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen before login screen: The black screen occurs before login screen. It happens randomly. I have to move the mouse (haven't tried pressing keyboard) and it will show the login screen and windows will continue normally. On my device driver it shows only 1 display adapter that is NVIDIA GTX 970. My...