Windows 10: Playback CD created 2009 in Windows DVD Maker

Discus and support Playback CD created 2009 in Windows DVD Maker in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a DVD I burned of a movie I made for a celebration of/for my mom. It is in the msdvd format. How can I get it to play now?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Glaciercrow, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Playback CD created 2009 in Windows DVD Maker

I have a DVD I burned of a movie I made for a celebration of/for my mom. It is in the msdvd format. How can I get it to play now?

:)

Glaciercrow, Oct 30, 2018
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Playback CD created 2009 in Windows DVD Maker

An MSDVD file doesn't contain media. It contains the XML that describes how a DVD was created, including details like titles and menus.

Does your DVD contain actual media? For example: files ending in .AVI or .WMV. If so you can view the actual media files in Windows Media Player or third-party media players.

The complete DVD was created in Windows DVD Maker, which is very old software that doesn't work in Windows 10. Nevertheless, you can probably re-create the finished product in modern software, but it will take some work.

XML is text, so you can open the MSDVD file in any text editor like Notepad. From the XML you may be able to gather enough information to re-create the original DVD in a DVD authoring application like CyberLink PowerDirector or Pinnacle Studio. These are
    expensive (and complicated) so you're probably not going to want to buy them and learn how to use them for this one DVD. Instead, it's probably better to let a professional make a new DVD.

BulldogXX, Oct 31, 2018
  3. RS Z28 Win User

For all audio and video playback

Install shark007 advanced codecs

close 64bit settings app

select shark007 suggested settings in 32bit settings app

close out

Go to Settings>>Apps>>Default apps

select windows media player for default player for audio and video

start menu>>all apps

locate windows media player and pin to taskbar

restart PC

Now you can play every audio and video file in WMP. Shark007 is the best in the world. Never a problem again playing files. Even DVD, BlueRay and 4K videos. It is free and no malware. Been using it on mine and customers PC's for almost 20 years since XP.

ADVANCED Codecs for Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7

Windows Media Player - Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily

-------

If i am not mistaken, now that I see what I missed, MSDVD, that is the DVD info file for when you create a project and then burn to a DVD. It is not a video file. Sorry.

What's an MSDVD File and How Do You Open One?

How to Convert a MSDVD Format | Techwalla.com

RS Z28, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Playback CD created 2009 in Windows DVD Maker

Hi there Glacier, but im sad to say that only a very particular instance of Windows DVD player can play that file type.

A file with the MSDVD file extension is a Windows DVD Maker Project file. It's not the actual media data that this file holds, but instead, the XML content that's used describe the DVD's menu buttons, title, media files that should be included in the DVD, and
    more.

To convert it, youd need to load it up on the computer you made it with.

SonGoku'sSon, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Playback CD created 2009 in Windows DVD Maker - Similar Threads - Playback created 2009

2. DVD Playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Playback: I recently purchased an HP Elite Tower PC. It has a DVD r/w drive. Why can't I play my DVDs on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-playback/02a81bd6-725f-4e89-82b8-e5bb1a30e1a1
  3. DVD Playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD Playback: Windows 10. Why is it that commercial DVDs will not playback on Media Player or any other program? I installed Ultra DVD player and the discs still won't paly. I installed Fast Player for DVD which is suppose to be free but it keeps asking me to pay for an upgrade before it...
  4. Photos App and creating a CD/DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App and creating a CD/DVD: I would like to create a CD with photos on it. There are a few ways that I already know how to do this, but they all rely on File Explorer (see my other question for why this isn't a solution for me right now). I have some old CD burning software on my computer that works...
  5. Windows DVD Maker - Pro

Windows DVD Maker - Pro: Hello, Ref: https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/details?orderId=0405c318-d121-4c07-a972-2334309fce74 We just purchased Windows DVD Maker - Pro ($10.81) from your Microsoft Store (see Order number 6736464628, June 4, 2019). However, we did "not" receive an email...
  6. cd/dvd playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cd/dvd playback: my laptop refuses to play any cd or dvd - wtf? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-playback/5abc09c7-3544-4ebf-bf5c-5a556b5e319d
  7. Windows DVD maker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows DVD maker: I have windows 10, but like the ease of the old windows DVD maker supported by windows 7, how can I get to use the old version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-dvd-maker/940c08f9-3f24-4330-9ce7-ba240631f05c
  8. DVD maker software

DVD maker software: Hello Forum, Can someone recommend for a dvd maker program (free if possible), to be able to do menus \ chapters, save the output to the hard disk. To burn it on a dvd disk I have a nice program "CD Burner xp" it is way better then the windows built in burning program....
  9. DVD maker and movie maker

DVD maker and movie maker: I still don't get why MS ripped these neat programs out. They were certainly available in Windows 7, no idea about whether they were in 8 as I skipped right over that OS. I am interested in trying to install them on my Windows 10 laptop. I know they can be re acquired via...
  10. How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create a UEFI bootable CD or DVD: Hi my bootable DVD's, including my W7 and W8 installl disks and my Hirem boot disk do not boot up in my new PC which has a UEFI, no legacy option. The setup is to boot to the DVD drive first but it does not happen. I believe there is a technique for W7 but it seems...