Windows 10: Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices

Discus and support Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! Today, I was playing SCP: Secret Laboratory. After I finished, I went and made tea. When I came back much later to play some more, I found that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Anglachel, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Anglachel Win User

Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices

Hello!

Today, I was playing SCP: Secret Laboratory. After I finished, I went and made tea. When I came back much later to play some more, I found that the in-game voice chat was not working for me; my microphone was not transmitting in-game.
    Looking into my Steam settings, I found that all my input devices were actually my output devices, and all my output devices were actually input devices. I initially thought this was an issue with Steam, so I restarted Steam and my PC.
    However, when the problem did not resolve, I looked to my sound settings and found that even in there, my playback devices detected inputs as outputs and recording devices detected outputs as inputs.

How am I able to fix this problem?

Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices [​IMG]

Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices [​IMG]

:)

Anglachel, Jan 28, 2019
  2. Tfazz25 Win User

Win10 not detecting playback device

Recently we installed Windows 10 and now there is no sound. The playback devices does not detect HDMI. This was working fine with Win7. We have tried several tips and nothing. Any suggestions?

Tfazz25, Jan 28, 2019
  3. silk186 Win User
    How to separate audio outputs in playback devices

That is what i did when I reinstalled the drivers. First it only had the speakers, added drivers, HDMI appeared, plugged in second analog port which is detected in realtek HD audio manager but is not listed as a second output. All three devices are dectected, but the two analog devices don't appear as separate output devices.

silk186, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices

How to separate audio outputs in playback devices

Might I suggest removing the driver and only having one device connected. Then install realtek driver. Confirm setting in playback. Add the next output device. Confirm, etc...

Caledon Ken, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices

1. Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices - Similar Threads - Playback detecting Input

2. Input device not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input device not detected: I find it very hard to believe nobody else has had this problem.Hello,I have a 3.5mm jack combination headphone + microphone headset plugged into my computer running Windows 11 Home 22H2 build 22621.963, and my microphone does not work. The audio output works, but the input...
  3. Input device not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input device not detected: I find it very hard to believe nobody else has had this problem.Hello,I have a 3.5mm jack combination headphone + microphone headset plugged into my computer running Windows 11 Home 22H2 build 22621.963, and my microphone does not work. The audio output works, but the input...
  4. Input device not detected

Input device not detected: I'm using a desktop. intel core i7, optiplex7070. My earphone is not being detected in the input devices, how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-device-not-detected/2269095f-a914-4861-a657-f194f0e7c9b9
  5. Input device not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Input device not detected: I'm using a desktop. intel core i7, optiplex7070. My earphone is not being detected in the input devices, how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-device-not-detected/2269095f-a914-4861-a657-f194f0e7c9b9
  6. Input device not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. No input device detected in laptop

No input device detected in laptop: My computer microphone suddenly vanished: no input device detected. How to relocate and fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-input-device-detected-in-laptop/9103c973-550d-428d-8bd0-00219c4e70ec
  8. Input device is not being detected...

Input device is not being detected...: I have just gotten my new pc and just got everything ready when I realized that when I plug in my headphones and select headphones from waves, it's not also using the mic on it, and I went to troubleshoot on the virtual agent, and it installed a driver which now when I plug...
  9. No audio output/input device detected

No audio output/input device detected: I've been suing these headphones with my computer for over a month with no problems, but then I installed AMD video driver and suddenly my computer started saying there were no audio devices plugged in. I went to troubleshoot my audio in the Realtek device manager but it had...
  10. no output devices detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no output devices detected: after updating Windows 10 I get the error message that no audio output or input devises found. how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-output-devices-detected/f5991ae8-cdeb-4066-9208-ef1cc4e58754