Windows 10: playback device is not working properely

Discus and support playback device is not working properely in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how to repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-device-is-not-working-properely/d3ab2385-66ca-4300-86b8-b6f22aca2487 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kamal sharma2403, Jul 9, 2019.

1. playback device is not working properely

how to repair

:)

kamal sharma2403, Jul 9, 2019
  2. spriggs Win User

Playback devices

Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the headphones works exactly as it should but, oddly, the headphones no longer appear as an option in the playback menu. Any suggestion why?
    It has also been some considerable time since I was able to access the via hd console. Clicking on VIAAUD in Program Files has no effect whatsoever. Any views on this?

spriggs, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Computer Won't Auto Change the Playback Device When Headphones Plugged In/Out

Hi Michael,

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

Is the issue specific to only Headphones/ Does External Speaker play when plugged in?

I suggest you to try resetting the default device as shown in the steps given below and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in the Headphones in the machine.

• Go to Start and Control Panel.

• Select 'Hardware and Sound'.

• Click 'Change system sounds'.

• Click 'Playback' tab. (It should then show you your headphones in the list).

• Select your proper Headphone device from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.

• Now unplug your Headphones and select speakers from the list, then Click 'Set Default'.
    Hope it helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arul_D, Jul 9, 2019
  4. playback device is not working properely

Headphones and Speakers not showing up in playback devices

Hi Jonathan,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please tell us if you made any significant hardware or software changes on your laptop prior to this issue. Also, can you provide us the steps you have already taken to
    try to resolve the issue? In the meantime, follow these steps on how you can enable your playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Sounds.
    • Under the Playback tab, right-click on the default speakers and select
      Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Your headphones or speakers should now appear here.
    • Right-click the headphones or speakers and select Enable.

Keep us updated with the results.

Aileen Alf, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

playback device is not working properely

1. playback device is not working properely - Similar Threads - playback device working

2. No audio but in device manager it says working properly and playing in playback already...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio but in device manager it says working properly and playing in playback already...: My specs:Motherboard - Aspire tc-605Cpu - i5 4460Gpu - hd4600ram- 2x4gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-but-in-device-manager-it-says-working/a2ae6a17-4142-4f0c-a378-282fcc35556b
  3. No audio but in device manager it says working properly and playing in playback already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio but in device manager it says working properly and playing in playback already...: My specs:Motherboard - Aspire tc-605Cpu - i5 4460Gpu - hd4600ram- 2x4gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-but-in-device-manager-it-says-working/a2ae6a17-4142-4f0c-a378-282fcc35556b
  4. No audio but in device manager it says working properly and playing in playback already...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth devices not working properly

Bluetooth devices not working properly: Hi, I have a new pc with windows 11 pro installed. The motherboard has bluetooth built in but when i try to connect a device some of them are not showing up in the list of device that are ready to connect.All drivers in my pc are up to date, i've also tried to disinstall and...
  6. Bluetooth Device not working properly.

Bluetooth Device not working properly.: So... I'm having an issue.I bought a generic bluetooth adapter for my PC and it keeps disconnecting my Xbox Series X controller whenever I connect it, it literally goes for 15 seconds and then disconnects. So, I looked the issue online and a solution was to go to Device...
  7. playback device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playback device: no playback devices installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-device/6105a10c-d3d9-485c-8d05-1910a1572808
  8. Playback devices

Playback devices: On my windows 10 fully updated. I can't separate the headphones from the speakers because they are both identified as one device in the playback devices. When I plug in the headphones, the sound is automatically played on it but when I switch back to the speaker, I must...
  9. Playback not displaying properly

Playback not displaying properly: All videos only show part of the picture in playback. It seems to expand the picture beyond what can be displayed. I've looked for settings but can find nothing to adjust the size. Any help appreciated....
  10. Playback devices

Playback devices: Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the...