Windows 10: playback devices missing

Discus and support playback devices missing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i was just playing the walking dead vr when everything crashed and all my speaker options just kinda vanished, i restarted my pc 4 times with no luck,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/clubcardaccepted, Jan 31, 2020.

1. playback devices missing

i was just playing the walking dead vr when everything crashed and all my speaker options just kinda vanished, i restarted my pc 4 times with no luck, cant update them since they dont appear in device manager, unplugged everything and nothing changed, what do i do? also image https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....475/9824EB1A0E75E933BE772F14210239602A03A3D7/

the 2 playback devices that are there are dummy ones from revive and facerig, they dont have any function

submitted by /u/clubcardaccepted
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/clubcardaccepted, Jan 31, 2020
  2. spriggs Win User

Playback devices

Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the headphones works exactly as it should but, oddly, the headphones no longer appear as an option in the playback menu. Any suggestion why?
    It has also been some considerable time since I was able to access the via hd console. Clicking on VIAAUD in Program Files has no effect whatsoever. Any views on this?

spriggs, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Headphones device missing from "Playback Devices" and Device Manager after Realtek driver install

I have an an odd situation. All my audio devices show up correctly in my device list when I'm using the Windows default High Definition Audio device Drivers. However once I install the Realtek drivers, my headphone device disappears. It's not hidden, lurking
    or otherwise - just gone. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps from various posts including this one here

Headphones missing on playback devices
    ,, but no joy. Additionally (and not surprisingly) the headphones and speaker are no longer separate. Plugging in the headphones stops the sound playback on the speaker. The reason for needing the Realtek drivers is
    to support the ASUS Sonic Studio 3 application.

As soon as I uninstall the Realtek drivers, all is back to normal.

Any ideas? Am i missing something?

Using Win 10 on an ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING MB

MaxxHammer, Jan 31, 2020
  4. playback devices missing

Headphones missing on playback devices.

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. We will help you.

Normally they tap the sound from your speakers to your plugged in sound device from the rear pots. But If you enable the option that devices will take exclusive control over a sound device this will conflict.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Speaker icon in the Tray icons
      bottom right.
    • Select Playback devices. Select a device and click properties.
    • Select Advance Tab. Disable Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
    • Repeat this for all audio devices.
    • Restart your pc and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

playback devices missing

1. playback devices missing - Similar Threads - playback devices missing

2. Missing playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing playback device: I updated my gpu driver after that my monitor speak is gone. I am using amd gpu. [ATTACH] ACER VG240Y is missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-playback-device/e4ea3c92-b0fa-4b02-9e85-cbd8f705316e
  3. Audio Playback Device Missing

Audio Playback Device Missing: So today when I got onto my computer I noticed I had audio. I did the normal thing I usually do and check to see if I'm on the right playback device. But it wasn't there. Now I'm stuck, I've tried everything people have said to do like uninstalling/reinstall drivers, restart...
  4. Headphones device missing from "Playback Devices" and Device Manager after Realtek driver...

Headphones device missing from "Playback Devices" and Device Manager after Realtek driver...: I have an an odd situation. All my audio devices show up correctly in my device list when I'm using the Windows default High Definition Audio device Drivers. However once I install the Realtek drivers, my headphone device disappears. It's not hidden, lurking or otherwise -...
  5. playback device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playback device: no playback devices installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-device/6105a10c-d3d9-485c-8d05-1910a1572808
  6. Shortcut to Playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut to Playback devices: Hello All, I was wondering how I can get the shortcut back to 'Playback devices' on the menu you get when you right click the volume icon. In one update it was replaced with 'Sounds' and I don't know about you but I'm not changing my sounds so often I need a shortcut to...
  7. Playback devices

Playback devices: On my windows 10 fully updated. I can't separate the headphones from the speakers because they are both identified as one device in the playback devices. When I plug in the headphones, the sound is automatically played on it but when I switch back to the speaker, I must...
  8. Headphone Option Missing From Playback Devices

Headphone Option Missing From Playback Devices: Recently, I noticed that audio continues to play through the speakers when my headphones are plugged in, and the system does not recognize headphones at all. What's really weird, though, is this: [IMG] It appears that IJOY LOGO, which is my bluetooth headphones, has...
  9. No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices

No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices: I have no sound on my new Windows 10 PC. Things I've tried: 1) Uninstalled and reinstalled sound drivers with multiple restarts 2) Checked power is connected 3) Checked speakers are connected via the green jack There's another fix I was trying in the Playback Devices...
  10. Playback devices

Playback devices: Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. playback devices doesnt show up anymore

2. playback devices disappeared