Windows 10: Playback devices not all showing/overlapping

Discus and support Playback devices not all showing/overlapping in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having trouble getting my computer to recognize all of the playback devices plugged into it. Ideally I'd like to be able to switch between them by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Slofish, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Slofish Win User

Playback devices not all showing/overlapping

I'm having trouble getting my computer to recognize all of the playback devices plugged into it. Ideally I'd like to be able to switch between them by simply clicking the sound icon and selecting from the playback devices listed in the dropdown menu. Unfortunately two of my devices seem to be shown under the same name, and will only play through the most recently plugged in of the two when that device is selected. Is there any way to switch between the two even though only one is being recognized at a time? I know that my computer is at least recognizing multiple devices, because the HDTV i have plugged in consistently shows as one. I'm only having trouble separating the two plugged into audio jacks.

:)

Slofish, Mar 20, 2017

2. mixed music (DJ)

It's not impossible per se.

It's called gapless playback. Basically some MP3 players can cache the next file and then pre-mix the audio so that there's some overlap in the playback.

Some PC players also allow full control of how much overlap you have in the songs during playback so you get DJ type mixing.

It's just a missing feature in the Music Player for Nokia devices.

el_loco---01, Mar 20, 2017
  3. Omasus Win User
    Playback Devices won't open

It’s not just one playback device it just won’t show me the option of seeing all the playback devices and this includes the recording devices too.

Omasus, Mar 20, 2017
Thema:

Playback devices not all showing/overlapping

1. Playback devices not all showing/overlapping - Similar Threads - Playback devices showing

2. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker devices now showing in playback devices: I was re installing my pc, but it ended the speaker audio devices not showing its only showing Audio Digital HDMI because i use speaker so the sound isn't coming out, i already do troubleshoot, update, and uninstall the driver, but i still can't fix the problem....
  3. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker devices now showing in playback devices: I was re installing my pc, but it ended the speaker audio devices not showing its only showing Audio Digital HDMI because i use speaker so the sound isn't coming out, i already do troubleshoot, update, and uninstall the driver, but i still can't fix the problem....
  4. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  6. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  7. No sound showing in playback device

8. Headphone jack not showing on playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone jack not showing on playback devices: So I want to put my output audio as my earphones and so when I go to playback devices it doesnt show my plugged in esrphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-jack-not-showing-on-playback-devices/cf78eb7d-fe4f-4ed7-9f2f-8dfda39d3af6
  9. Headset not showing as a Playback Device

Headset not showing as a Playback Device: Whenever I plug in my headset it's detected, but the only playback device that I can select is my laptop speaker, I've already checked if its disabled in the control panel. Overall I can't find any solution to this problem....
  10. Headphones not showing in Playback Devices

Headphones not showing in Playback Devices: So I've just finished installing the creators update and only Speakers are showing in Playback Devices. I've tried updating my sound drivers as well as selecting 'Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices'. I've also run the troubleshooter. Headphones do not appear as an option in...