Windows 10: Playback devices

Discus and support Playback devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by spriggs, Jul 17, 2017.

1. spriggs Win User

Playback devices

Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the headphones works exactly as it should but, oddly, the headphones no longer appear as an option in the playback menu. Any suggestion why?
    It has also been some considerable time since I was able to access the via hd console. Clicking on VIAAUD in Program Files has no effect whatsoever. Any views on this?

:)

spriggs, Jul 17, 2017

2. Playback device

Assuming you get normal Audio in Windows and other programs, then If you haven't already, try this:

1)Go to Control Panel.

2)Go to Hardware and Sound.

3)Click on Sound.

4)Click on your default speakers, and select as "Default Speakers".

5)Click on properties.

6)Go to the "Advanced" tab.

7)Click on "Restore Defaults".

Tip: Don't forget to press "OK".

You're done with the system part!

1)Now, go to Skype.

2)Go to Tools>Options.

3)Click on Audio Settings.

4)Click on the green button with the arrow. If it works, you're done. Or, click on the drop-down menu, and select your default speakers. If it still doesn't
    work, then read on.

5)Click on "Show Advanced Options".

6)Select your default speakers, then click on move up, until it's at the very top.

7)Test your speakers!

Tip: Don't forget to save.

Note: On my system its a
    Blue Button called 'Check Speakers', not a Green button.

From this post - Skype - Microsoft Community

George222(2), Jul 17, 2017
  3. Playback device

When I downloaded the updated Skype every call fails because it says I have a problem with my blayback device. What is that and how do I fix it?

CarolSmallVM, Jul 17, 2017
  4. frank1985 Win User

Playback devices

I'm also experiencing this issue

frank1985, Jul 23, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    Go to the Asus Drivers site ASUS USA
    Find your model# and choose Windows 7 (the latest drivers for this model) choose 32bit or 64bit whichever is your OS and download the Audio drivers for your model. Unzip the file and extract the driver file to your desktop or download location. Open the unzipped file and right click Setup.exe and choose Properties/Compatibility. Make the driver file compatible with Windows 7.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Playback devices

1. Playback devices - Similar Threads - Playback devices

2. LAPTOP Gigabyte G5 KF Playback Device Headset not getting separated from Speakers RealtekR...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP Gigabyte G5 KF Playback Device Headset not getting separated from Speakers RealtekR...: When I plug in my headset on the audio jack it asks me if what I plugged in is Headset or Headphones, I choose one and look at the volume icon sound output on the taskbar to try and switch between the speakers and headphones but only Speakers is there. Both headphones and...
  3. LAPTOP Gigabyte G5 KF Playback Device Headset not getting separated from Speakers RealtekR...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP Gigabyte G5 KF Playback Device Headset not getting separated from Speakers RealtekR...: When I plug in my headset on the audio jack it asks me if what I plugged in is Headset or Headphones, I choose one and look at the volume icon sound output on the taskbar to try and switch between the speakers and headphones but only Speakers is there. Both headphones and...
  4. How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...: My mic is Maono DM20. It doesnt playback on my speaker but when i connect my earphones to my mic, I end up hearing myself. I've already done all the suggested solutions online but none has worked....
  5. How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...

How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...: My mic is Maono DM20. It doesnt playback on my speaker but when i connect my earphones to my mic, I end up hearing myself. I've already done all the suggested solutions online but none has worked....
  6. How to stop microphone playback through my earphones although "Listen to Device" is not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Audio playback device disappears when connected via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio playback device disappears when connected via bluetooth: Hi there. I'm trying to connect my recently purchased Nothing Ear 2 wireless earphones. It sets up well when I pair it with bluetooth, but I do not see the device under audio input/output when connected. Can you please help?...
  8. Audio playback device disappears when connected via bluetooth

Audio playback device disappears when connected via bluetooth: Hi there. I'm trying to connect my recently purchased Nothing Ear 2 wireless earphones. It sets up well when I pair it with bluetooth, but I do not see the device under audio input/output when connected. Can you please help?...
  9. Error message that 'the audio playback device is currently in use'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message that 'the audio playback device is currently in use'.: I've checked internet resources, been to Device manager, made sure sound services in Windows audio are running. Checked the audio playback, can't find what app or program is using the audio. This happens with Media Player etc. I had to reinstall Windows recently and this has...
  10. Error message that 'the audio playback device is currently in use'.

Error message that 'the audio playback device is currently in use'.: I've checked internet resources, been to Device manager, made sure sound services in Windows audio are running. Checked the audio playback, can't find what app or program is using the audio. This happens with Media Player etc. I had to reinstall Windows recently and this has...