Windows 10: Playback devices

Discus and support Playback devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by spriggs, Jul 17, 2017.

1. spriggs Win User

Playback devices

Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the headphones works exactly as it should but, oddly, the headphones no longer appear as an option in the playback menu. Any suggestion why?
    It has also been some considerable time since I was able to access the via hd console. Clicking on VIAAUD in Program Files has no effect whatsoever. Any views on this?

:)

spriggs, Jul 17, 2017

2. Playback device

Assuming you get normal Audio in Windows and other programs, then If you haven't already, try this:

1)Go to Control Panel.

2)Go to Hardware and Sound.

3)Click on Sound.

4)Click on your default speakers, and select as "Default Speakers".

5)Click on properties.

6)Go to the "Advanced" tab.

7)Click on "Restore Defaults".

Tip: Don't forget to press "OK".

You're done with the system part!

1)Now, go to Skype.

2)Go to Tools>Options.

3)Click on Audio Settings.

4)Click on the green button with the arrow. If it works, you're done. Or, click on the drop-down menu, and select your default speakers. If it still doesn't
    work, then read on.

5)Click on "Show Advanced Options".

6)Select your default speakers, then click on move up, until it's at the very top.

7)Test your speakers!

Tip: Don't forget to save.

Note: On my system its a
    Blue Button called 'Check Speakers', not a Green button.

From this post - Skype - Microsoft Community

George222(2), Jul 17, 2017
  3. Playback device

When I downloaded the updated Skype every call fails because it says I have a problem with my blayback device. What is that and how do I fix it?

CarolSmallVM, Jul 17, 2017
  4. frank1985 Win User

Playback devices

I'm also experiencing this issue

frank1985, Jul 23, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    Go to the Asus Drivers site ASUS USA
    Find your model# and choose Windows 7 (the latest drivers for this model) choose 32bit or 64bit whichever is your OS and download the Audio drivers for your model. Unzip the file and extract the driver file to your desktop or download location. Open the unzipped file and right click Setup.exe and choose Properties/Compatibility. Make the driver file compatible with Windows 7.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Playback devices

1. Playback devices - Similar Threads - Playback devices

2. Is there a way to change the volume level of a playback device that's not the default one...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the volume level of a playback device that's not the default one...: I am pretty sure that the title is very descriptive, and shows what i want to achieve without a description. However i also know that some of you are curious why i would want to do that, well here's the (short) story behind it: Basically i am a Youtube and Twitch content...
  3. Windows 10 no HD audio playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 no HD audio playback device: I gotten a Dell Studio 1558 laptop with windows 10 where the speakers are not being found so no playback device is available. The task bar speaker icon has the dreaded red X. Device Mgr->Sound, video, and game controllers shows the High Definition Audio Device with a driver...
  4. Headset not showing as a Playback Device

Headset not showing as a Playback Device: Whenever I plug in my headset it's detected, but the only playback device that I can select is my laptop speaker, I've already checked if its disabled in the control panel. Overall I can't find any solution to this problem....
  5. playback devices missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    playback devices missing: i was just playing the walking dead vr when everything crashed and all my speaker options just kinda vanished, i restarted my pc 4 times with no luck, cant update them since they dont appear in device manager, unplugged everything and nothing changed, what do i do? also image...
  6. Is Cortana able to switch Audio Playback device?

in Cortana
    Is Cortana able to switch Audio Playback device?: Hi! So I am running with Cortana for a half a year or so and it's an amazing experience, she is super helpful. But I ran into one little detail devs could fix add new Feature if there is not such a feature implemented already. I may be running old build. Imagine that you...
  7. Bluetooth speaker displays as 2 different playback devices, only works in low quality audio.

Bluetooth speaker displays as 2 different playback devices, only works in low quality audio.: My bluetooth speaker displays as 2 devices when connected via bluetooth, Headphones Anker SoundCore Stereo and Headset Anker SoundCore Hands-Free AG Audio. Only the Headset option works and it plays the audio in very low quality. Selecting the Headphones option plays no audio...
  8. Galaxy earbuds connecting via bluetooth but in device playback it saids not connected. No...

Galaxy earbuds connecting via bluetooth but in device playback it saids not connected. No...: No audio from devices. Says connected in Bluetooth settings but in device playback it says disconnected. Events says "device is not migrated." I have tried all sorts of things such as updating drivers for both the pc and the bluetooth devices. I also tried restarting...
  9. jabra elite active 65t not showing as playback device

jabra elite active 65t not showing as playback device: Hi, I have paired jabra elite active 65t but they are not showing in the playback devices options. What am I missing? I read other threads and other users could see the headshet greyed, but I´m not even able to do it... If you can help, it´d be much appreciated...
  10. Listen to This Device is not switching when I change the Playback device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Listen to This Device is not switching when I change the Playback device: I use Line In to play audio through my PC speakers. I have the option selected to playback through Default Playback Device. Since the most recent Windows build update when I switch the sound output from Speakers to Headphones, the Line In continues to play through Speakers. I...