Windows 10: Playback problem

Discus and support Playback problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My question is why, for the love of God, do Windows updates always screw up everything. I recently allowed Windows updates, & a day later neither my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by faerierosebud, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Playback problem

My question is why, for the love of God, do Windows updates always screw up everything. I recently allowed Windows updates, & a day later neither my video nor my audio worked. I finally got audio, but it's not as loud as it was previously. I still get a playback error - videos take forever to load. Every time I pause then hit play again, it takes a long time to start playing again. I'm so sick & tired of going through all your suggestions & solutions until I finally find the right solution. I'm a college graduate; it shouldn't be this hard. If your updates make things worse, then I'm refusing to allow any more. In the mean time, I still have the slow playback problem.

:)

faerierosebud, Jul 12, 2020

2. Playback video problems

Hi Rod,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the videos on Windows Media Player. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the playback videos?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the below troubleshooters and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Follow the same to Windows Media Player Settings as well.

Also, refer to the Microsoft article to know more about:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Video playback problems

Hi Davis,

Based on the information that you have provided, this could be related to incorrect configuration or corrupted device drivers. We recommend that you run the Video Playback troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if it helps:

Method: Run the Video Playback troubleshooter

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Video Playback.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you; we will wait for your feedback.

Ferdz Amp, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Playback problem

Windows 10 video playback problems

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Video Playback troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Video Playback.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Display adapters driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Select the Graphic driver from the list by extending Display adapters.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Playback problem

1. Playback problem - Similar Threads - Playback problem

2. Problem with Video Playback in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Video Playback in Windows 11: Hi Guys,I have had a problem with playing videos on Windows for a bit longer now and the Microsoft Technicians always said they had the fix but just f..ed up my system in the end, making me have to restore with a restore point. Let's get to the point: Every time I try to play...
  3. Problem with Video Playback in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Video Playback in Windows 11: Hi Guys,I have had a problem with playing videos on Windows for a bit longer now and the Microsoft Technicians always said they had the fix but just f..ed up my system in the end, making me have to restore with a restore point. Let's get to the point: Every time I try to play...
  4. Windows 7 Sound Recorder - Playback problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Sound Recorder - Playback problem: I have recorded a short clip from internet radio 4 onto my Windows 7 PC which normally has no problem with audio recordings. I have followed the instructions and help advice for "Sound Recorder", but the basic problem remains: I can see the visual playback in the Windows...
  5. Windows 7 Sound Recorder - Playback problem

Windows 7 Sound Recorder - Playback problem: I have recorded a short clip from internet radio 4 onto my Windows 7 PC which normally has no problem with audio recordings. I have followed the instructions and help advice for "Sound Recorder", but the basic problem remains: I can see the visual playback in the Windows...
  6. Windows 11 bluetooth headphones audio playback problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 bluetooth headphones audio playback problems: I'm having problems playing audio and video playback on Windows 11 22H2 with bluetooth headphones. The video does not start at all and no audio either, I have to run the audio troubleshooter to fix it temporary. Then after a few minutes the issues come back and I have to run...
  7. Windows 11 bluetooth headphones audio playback problems

Windows 11 bluetooth headphones audio playback problems: I'm having problems playing audio and video playback on Windows 11 22H2 with bluetooth headphones. The video does not start at all and no audio either, I have to run the audio troubleshooter to fix it temporary. Then after a few minutes the issues come back and I have to run...
  8. Voice Recorder playback problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Voice Recorder playback problem: I made a long recording over an hour on Voice Recorder, but when I go to play it back, it stops after about 5 minutes, and goes back to 0.00. If I try to start the recording after that 5 minute stopping point, nothing happens, except that it flips back to 0:00 after a couple...
  9. Voice Recorder playback problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice Recorder playback problem: I made a long recording over an hour on Voice Recorder, but when I go to play it back, it stops after about 5 minutes, and goes back to 0.00. If I try to start the recording after that 5 minute stopping point, nothing happens, except that it flips back to 0:00 after a couple...
  10. Voice Recorder playback problem