Windows 10: Players hear my headphone output but not my voice. Causes a horrible echo.

Discus and support Players hear my headphone output but not my voice. Causes a horrible echo. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've tried everything imaginable, and I've been searching for hours. I've reset my PC, updated drivers, changed headsets.... I can't figure this out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Colio, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Colio Win User

Players hear my headphone output but not my voice. Causes a horrible echo.

I've tried everything imaginable, and I've been searching for hours. I've reset my PC, updated drivers, changed headsets.... I can't figure this out. When I use the voice recorder app, it works fine. When I use Discord, my mic works fine as normal. Anytime I play a game, though, my mic doesn't work. I can hear everything like normal until I start talking, then every other player's voice gets choppy and everyone hears a high-pitched echo. In a setting where everyone uses push-to-talk, people can hear my gamesound without the echo since their mics aren't broadcasting anything since they haven't

:)

Colio, Aug 12, 2021

2. Remove voice chat echo without needing headphones

When I voice chat with 3 people (using Discord/Teamspeak/Skype etc) and one of them talks their voice gets echoed from my end so the 3rd person can hear them twice. When I talk they can only hear me once.

I don't wear headphones so I know it's the feedback from my speakers that they are hearing.

In my old PC I used to use Acoustic Echo Cancellation which came part of Realtek HD Audio that solved this problem. My current laptop doesn't support this feature.

How do I go about solving this issue without needing to put in my headphones? Is there perhaps a built in tool for Windows 10 or an application I can use?

Molten Ice, Aug 12, 2021
  3. JanReich Win User
    Lumia 950: Callee hears his voice twice / voice echo

Hi community,

I'm owning the Lumia 950 with OS Windows 10 Mobile 1511 Build 10.0.10586.29 approximately since a month. Unfortunately, a lot of my contacts, phoning with different devices, reported me during calls that they hear a voice echo of their voices. This behavior
    only occurs in some situations, while in others the call quality is as expected, so it's not reproducable for me.

The steps I tried to fix the problem:

- I lowered down the voice volume of the callee to minimum to avoid acoustic feedback

- I took care that the environmental noise is nearly zero to see if a software-caused amplification of the voice is given

- This article blames Cortana for this kind of issue, but since Cortana was nevertheless turned off already, this was not
    of help to me

Unfortunately, all of the mechanisms didn't solve the problem, so my question in this thread is whether some of you also perceived this phenomena in the past with their devices and if so, whether there are solutions for it. My gut feeling as a computer scientist
    tells me, the issue is related to a software-caused behavior so only an OS update will solve the issue instead of a device replacement.

Thanks for your help.

Jan

JanReich, Aug 12, 2021
  4. Players hear my headphone output but not my voice. Causes a horrible echo.

HDMI /Headphone echo

G'day From Central Australia back again. Only talk to you when I need help Ha! I connected my new Acer EB321HQU monitor to my pc via HDMI rather than VGA Cos new monitor does not have VGA. At first I had sound but no voice. Now I have echo and slight distortion in my headphone. How do I rectify please? Sorry windows 10 20h2

Greg Holmes, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

Players hear my headphone output but not my voice. Causes a horrible echo.

1. Players hear my headphone output but not my voice. Causes a horrible echo. - Similar Threads - Players hear headphone

2. i hear myself in my mike and it isnt an echo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i hear myself in my mike and it isnt an echo: I can hear myself through my mike and i have read a couple of posts where you turn off the listen to your own mike, this doesnt work in fact i hear myself twice with it on and i dont know how to fix it. i dont know why its doing this, im not using a headphone jack its...
  3. can not hear voices almost at all with headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not hear voices almost at all with headphones.: Hey, I am having problems with my computer related to the audio when i use headphones. It just started today. When i play any music or have a game running, voices are almost impossible to hear. I really need to get this fixed ASAP so help is greatly appreciated...
  4. can not hear voices almost at all with headphones.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not hear voices almost at all with headphones.: Hey, I am having problems with my computer related to the audio when i use headphones. It just started today. When i play any music or have a game running, voices are almost impossible to hear. I really need to get this fixed ASAP so help is greatly appreciated...
  5. can not hear voices almost at all with headphones.

6. hearing my voice from my mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    hearing my voice from my mic: helloi can hear my voice from my mic through my headphone but i tried to disable my output devises for fixing it but i can still hear my self help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hearing-my-voice-from-my-mic/32855997-bdc2-4197-8d3f-f6763ff02559
  7. My computer can't hear my voice...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer can't hear my voice...: Hello everyone, my windows 10 isn't responding to my voice. I tried speaking to my friends via messenger and they couldn't hear me... When I plug my headphones it can hear me but without em ut can't. Please help and thank you in advance! submitted by /u/AlbaBoyYT [link]...
  8. New headphones, hearing my voice back.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New headphones, hearing my voice back.: Hello community. I just bought new headphones ( Sony CH510 ) and in discord app, i can hear my voice back. Couldnt disable this feature it is annoying while gaming. Is there any way turning off that feature? Thanks for helping in advance. submitted by /u/efendy94 [link]...
  9. Microphone Hearing my own voice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Hearing my own voice: I would like to know how to hear my own voice with no delay, i have an Astro A10 headset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-hearing-my-own-voice/660faad0-306f-44b5-9bd3-210909266933
  10. I hear echo while using my headphones!!!

I hear echo while using my headphones!!!: This annoying echo shows up independently what website I am visiting. My computer is running Windows 10 1809 and headphones are Koss. Is there a method to fix this issue completely?...