Windows 10: Playing a game in fullscreen like minecraft, every couple minutes, like 5-10, it minimizes...

Discus and support Playing a game in fullscreen like minecraft, every couple minutes, like 5-10, it minimizes... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As what the title says. I've tried tutorials, shut down my pc, I don't know what to do I wasn't able to do the office one since I can't find that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KaidenGabauer, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Playing a game in fullscreen like minecraft, every couple minutes, like 5-10, it minimizes...

As what the title says.

I've tried tutorials, shut down my pc, I don't know what to do

I wasn't able to do the office one since I can't find that file in the task scheduler.

My GPU is perfectly fine and updated. If you have a response to this, please make it simple and as detailed as possible.

:)

KaidenGabauer, Jan 26, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Prevent Fullscreen games from minimizing?

I've been playing an ARPG called Path of Exile lately, and the game seems to run way smooth in Fullscreen mode than it does in Windowed Fullscreen. The only problem I have is if a window pops up outside of the game, it'll minimize the game and pull me out of it. Since I'm playing a hardcore character, this is potentially deadly and a situation I'm looking to avoid. Is there any way possible to prevent another window from taking focus and minimizing another program like the game I'm trying to play?

CK011885, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Snowie Win User
    Windows 10 Minimizing Games to Desktop

Hi! I've had my custom built desktop for a few months now. It has Windows 10 Pro installed as the OS. The issue I am having is that when I try to play games in fullscreen mode, they will periodically be minimized to the desktop. It appears they are still running in the background, as I can hear the game sound even when it is minimized. I can re-open the games as I could if I had just tabbed out, but within a few minutes they will minimize again. I have tried disabling background programs such as Skype, Curse Voice, Origin, Steam, Windows Firewall, and Bitdefender, but the games will still minimize. If I have the games in windowed fullscreen mode, they will not actually minimize, but from time to time the edges of the window will be visible (as if I had tabbed out) until I click into the game again.

Obviously playing games in windowed fullscreen is a sort of band-aid for the issue, but not all games have the option of windowed fullscreen, so I can't just wait for a fix to come up anymore. I have looked for solutions to this problem, but haven't found anything that helps.

On a possibly related side note, when using Open Broadcaster Software to record gameplay, OBS will record only a black screen in "game capture" mode. I have to use "monitor capture" mode to force it to always record everything that happens on my screen. This might be related to the games minimizing, or might be something completely different. I only added this in case it was relevant to the games minimizing.

Snowie, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Cerawy Win User

Playing a game in fullscreen like minecraft, every couple minutes, like 5-10, it minimizes...

Some issues with minimizing and maximizing games

Im trying the focus assist option right now, i will get back with the results.

Alright, so turning focus assist off seems to have reduced the time it takes for my games to minimize and maximize, but i still get the annoying messagebox in the top left corner of the screen. I would also like if all my games would minimize and maximize instantly, but its a step in the right direction.

Also, my games are running in exclusive fullscreen mode.

Cerawy, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Playing a game in fullscreen like minecraft, every couple minutes, like 5-10, it minimizes...

1. Playing a game in fullscreen like minecraft, every couple minutes, like 5-10, it minimizes... - Similar Threads - Playing game fullscreen

2. every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes: how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-game-i-play-will-minimize-every-5-till-10/83195eb2-643c-48fc-aa38-b49c79067418
  3. every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes: how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-game-i-play-will-minimize-every-5-till-10/83195eb2-643c-48fc-aa38-b49c79067418
  4. BSOD playing games like Roblox or Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD playing games like Roblox or Minecraft: When I play games like Roblox or Minecraft, it will blue screen usually after a while of playing. The device I'm using is the Gigabyte G5 GD Gaming laptop and I already took it to the manufacturer to get tested and repaired and they said that there were no problems. Some of...
  5. BSOD playing games like Roblox or Minecraft

BSOD playing games like Roblox or Minecraft: When I play games like Roblox or Minecraft, it will blue screen usually after a while of playing. The device I'm using is the Gigabyte G5 GD Gaming laptop and I already took it to the manufacturer to get tested and repaired and they said that there were no problems. Some of...
  6. crashes every couple of minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crashes every couple of minutes: Firefox and Edge crash constantly. I mean constantly. IT guy can't fix it. word will not respond at times. email yahoo almost stops while I write a message. and then the words appear. help me....
  7. crashes every couple of minutes

crashes every couple of minutes: Firefox and Edge crash constantly. I mean constantly. IT guy can't fix it. word will not respond at times. email yahoo almost stops while I write a message. and then the words appear. help me....
  8. crashes every couple of minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Games minimize when fullscreen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games minimize when fullscreen?: I reloaded Windows a few months ago, and since then my games that start up fullscreen (or any game I turn on fullscreen) just outright minimize and it seems like it refreshes my desktop. I've tried reloading windows completely with a fresh install, removing all files and...
  10. Any ideas what could be causing freezes like this? Happens every couple minutes sometimes....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ideas what could be causing freezes like this? Happens every couple minutes sometimes....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/freetyleruno [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvrk05/any_ideas_what_could_be_causing_freezes_like_this/