Windows 10: Playing a MAC file on W10 PC

Discus and support Playing a MAC file on W10 PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've got windows 10 on my PC. I have a neighbor that has a MAC using it for their security system. They gave me a USB drive to show the people trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rod Bishop, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Playing a MAC file on W10 PC

I've got windows 10 on my PC. I have a neighbor that has a MAC using it for their security system. They gave me a USB drive to show the people trying to break in to their front door so I could see what happened.

I cannot convert the seven MAC .mp4 files to view on my PC. I tried converting the files to several other formats, but none will run on my PC.

I found a free program online called, Media Plater Classic Home Cinema, and I can play the MAC files on my PC. But only play, which is...

Playing a MAC file on W10 PC

Rod Bishop, Jan 3, 2020
  2. henasith Win User

PS4 external play options

MKV is a container format which can hold unlimited number of video, audio, picture, or subtitle tracks in one file, but PS4 can play MKV files with the following specification:
    • H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level 4.2
    • MP3, AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)

Once the MKV you add to PS4 does not meet the above requirements, the problem occurs.

To solve the issue, there are many methods and here list two of them:

1. Handbrake is the go to free converter for video files on Mac.

HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder

Install it and then point it at one of your MKV files and convert to one of the preset MP4 defaults in the Handbrake sidebar. Under "Regular" you should be fine with "Normal" or "High Profile" settings.

2. A step by step guide on Does PS4 Play MKV.

The article introduces a detailed guide to help you solve PS4 won't play MKV issue.

henasith, Jan 3, 2020
  3. mac files

MacFUSE and NTFS-3g are both excellent tools for NTFS access on a Mac.

Fat32 IIRC will limit you to the 4gb files and such.

You can use the Disk Utility (Located in Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility) to format your drive any which way you please, except NTFS, because OS X does not natively support NTFS writing. READ ONLY. MacFUSE and NTFS-3G will allow you to write things to NTFS drives.

HFS+ will however, be mac only, unless your PC/Linux box also has a compatability software installed.

I would suggest MacFUSE if you need to use the drive between machines.

you CAN have HFS+ and NTFS partitions on the same drive, aswell. The HFS+ partitions just will not mount in windows without help.

Dippyskoodlez, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Playing a MAC file on W10 PC

w10 auto play dead

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn on auto play for DVD and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “auto play”.
    • Under the tab “choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device” check the box “Use auto play for all media and devices”.
    • Then under the option DVD you can select the appropriate option and check if it helps.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Playing a MAC file on W10 PC

1. Playing a MAC file on W10 PC - Similar Threads - Playing MAC file

2. Im trying to share files with my Mac and pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im trying to share files with my Mac and pc: Got all the way until the point were I just need network credentials but I don't know the password keeps saying wrong how can I change a windows credentials password....
  3. Music files not playing on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music files not playing on PC: I bought a new computer with Windows 11. I copied songs from CDs to my desktop and they show type of file as WMP11.AssocFile.cda. Why won't these play on my PC? If I put these songs on a USB will they play in the car? TY for any assistance you can give....
  4. Music files not playing on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music files not playing on PC: I bought a new computer with Windows 11. I copied songs from CDs to my desktop and they show type of file as WMP11.AssocFile.cda. Why won't these play on my PC? If I put these songs on a USB will they play in the car? TY for any assistance you can give....
  5. Reading A File Created In WORD On A Mac On A PC ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Reading A File Created In WORD On A Mac On A PC ?: Hello, Thanks for all the previous help over the years. Can really use some advice with this, as I'm pretty well lost on what to do. That old age problem again, I guess. I have a document on my MAC created with MS WORD. I want to put it on a USB stick and give it to someone...
  6. Mac M1 and W10 ARM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mac M1 and W10 ARM: I need to know before I activate W10 is the correct version that works on MAC M1 process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mac-m1-and-w10-arm/52fd9cda-b323-44d5-9bda-820a4c407462
  7. TRANSFERRING FILES FROM A PC TO A MAC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TRANSFERRING FILES FROM A PC TO A MAC: I am trying to use the Windows migration tool to transfer my files from my Surface to a Macbook. I am being asked to go to RUN, type cmd, then the extension chkdsk. When I do this access is denied and says a firewall is blocking everything. I turn off windows defender and it...
  8. Single Keyboard For W10 pc And A Mac ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Single Keyboard For W10 pc And A Mac ?: Hi, I presently use a W10 pc and also a Mac on my desk. Each has their own Logitech keyboard. Small desk. Is there a single keyboard that I could get that would enable easy switching between the two pc's ? If so, easy to set up ? Thanks, Bob 163055
  9. Single Keyboard For W10 pc And A Mac ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Single Keyboard For W10 pc And A Mac ?: Hi, I presently use a W10 pc and also a Mac on my desk. Each has their own Logitech keyboard. Small desk. Is there a single keyboard that I could get that would enable easy switching between the two pc's ? If so, easy to set up ? Thanks, Bob 163055
  10. Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?: Hello, I use a W10 pc and an iMac. Now and then, i have a screen capture, or a simple Document, or most anything I would like to transfer to the Mac. Have been doing it now via a USB Memory Stick formatted as ExFat between the two. There must be a simpler way. Yes ? They...