Windows 10: Playing .AAE files

Discus and support Playing .AAE files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I get Microsoft Media Player to recognize and play .AAE files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WillardRevaz, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Playing .AAE files

How can I get Microsoft Media Player to recognize and play .AAE files?

:)

WillardRevaz, Jul 30, 2019
  2. LemP Win User

.aae corrupted pictures

Actually *.aae files are not the images. They are edits to images. See
    https://fileinfo.com/extension/aae
    It's my understanding that *.aae files are just XML, so you should be able to open them using Notepad, but you won't be able to use the information.

You should have files that have the same names as the *.aae files but with *.jpg extensions. If you don't, it seems as if you saved the wrong thing.

The AAE file and extension: What is its purpose, how do I open it and can I delete it?

3. Junaid_A Win User
    Photos - view .aae files

Hi Diane,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

An
    AAE file contains edits made to an image using the Photos app on an iOS device. It is used to transfer non-destructive edits a user has made to
    ‘.jpg’ images. Basically these are additional files that are created next to the actual
    jpg photo file.

If you import pictures from an iOS device to Windows, only the
    JPEG images will get transferred and not the AAE files, which will cause to lose your edits. Also,
    AAE files can be deleted without erasing the pictures but any edits made will be undone.

If you want to view a .aae file on your PC, you need to have the appropriate program installed. You may use your favorite search engine and look for the appropriate program that supports
    .aae files.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, Jul 30, 2019
  4. LemP Win User

Playing .AAE files

AAE - Videos - How to access

AAE files are not images (or videos). See
    https://fileinfo.com/extension/aae

An AAE file contains edits made to an image using the Photos app on an iOS device. It is used to transfer non-destructive edits a user has made to .JPG images in iOS to the macOS system. AAE files can be found accompanying the images for which they
    contain edits.

Videos taken on an iPhone will likely be .MOV files. Videos purchased from the iTunes Store may be .M4V files

Thema:

Playing .AAE files

1. Playing .AAE files - Similar Threads - Playing AAE files

2. small .jpeg and .AAE files sizes are corrupted on windows11 pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    small .jpeg and .AAE files sizes are corrupted on windows11 pro.: Hi ,I have copied some jpeg files from my iphone to my lenovo thinkpad where I have Windows 11 Pro. For 4 kb file its showing size 96GB and effectively for small size of folder its showing size 743 TB. I am unable to transfer this data to another device. I can not loose my...
  3. small .jpeg and .AAE files sizes are corrupted on windows11 pro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    small .jpeg and .AAE files sizes are corrupted on windows11 pro.: Hi ,I have copied some jpeg files from my iphone to my lenovo thinkpad where I have Windows 11 Pro. For 4 kb file its showing size 96GB and effectively for small size of folder its showing size 743 TB. I am unable to transfer this data to another device. I can not loose my...
  4. I can not play AAE files Im running windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can not play AAE files Im running windows 10: I need help to run my personal videos from my go pro and my iphone i been download to my pc i cant play AAE files im running windows 10 what else i have to do...
  5. I can not play AAE files Im running windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not play AAE files Im running windows 10: I need help to run my personal videos from my go pro and my iphone i been download to my pc i cant play AAE files im running windows 10 what else i have to do...
  6. I can not play AAE files Im running windows 10

7. Photos randomly switching from .jpg to .aae

Photos randomly switching from .jpg to .aae: I've had many of my photos decide to switch from being .jpg files to .aae seemingly on their own accord. The photos are taken with an iPhone, then transferred to my Windows 10 machine, and have been visible for years, now suddenly they're .aae and I can't open them.Is there...
  8. Code Oxc00d5212 and file extensions .aae, heic;. mov

Code Oxc00d5212 and file extensions .aae, heic;. mov: Hello, What does the above referenced code mean and is there a solution ? How do I open files with the above referenced extension s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/code-oxc00d5212-and-file-extensions-aae-heic-mov/a1920cf7-5c86-4381-894d-935f57841cfe
  9. How do you convert aae. files

How do you convert aae. files: Just updated my pc with Windows 10 and have aae. files. I tried opening them with internet explorer and nothing happens. Does anyone know how I can convert these files to a usable format....
  10. Photos - view .aae files

Photos - view .aae files: How do I open my aae photos, some are there and some i cannot see. ***Changed title from: Photos*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-view-aae-files/293022ab-2cd8-4288-9727-592809cc4c3a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to play .aae files

2. how to play aae file on windows

3. view aae file on pc

4. what player plays aae files,
  5. play .aae files,
  6. who to play aae file on windows,
  7. trasnfered videos to computer and now i have aae file ,
  8. how to play .aae,
  9. how to play a video saved as an .aae file,
  10. .aae file image on win 10,
  11. program to play iphone videos .AAE,