Windows 10: Playing/accessing a game from different drive on PC

Discus and support Playing/accessing a game from different drive on PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So i recently installed a new SSD on my PC and set it as my boot drive. however, I had already installed 4 games from the xbox app on my HDD before I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BarackObama6, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Playing/accessing a game from different drive on PC

So i recently installed a new SSD on my PC and set it as my boot drive. however, I had already installed 4 games from the xbox app on my HDD before I installed the SSD. the games don't show up on the xbox app -- I looked through programfiles and windowsapps and could only find minor traces of the games. Even if I can't play the games and I would have to reinstall them, does anyone know how to delete the games that I previously installed so that I dont have ~400 gigabytes of storage on my HDD that i cant even use?

-If i need to be more clear just let me know :

:)

BarackObama6, Oct 27, 2020

2. play games on my pc

Hi Lisa,

In order to assist properly, kindly answer the following questions:

• On which website are you trying to play the game? What is the title of the game?
    • Have you tried using other browsers like Edge?
    • What error message are you getting?
    • Can you provide more details on the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?
    • Are you experiencing that same thing using other PCs?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Rolando Vil, Oct 27, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Will Playing Games Damage My PC

Hi Jonah,

Your specs are fine for playing moderate games, it would not have the power to play top end games . ..

Playing games will not damage a Laptop or PC, generally the only damage that occurs over time is possibly needing to replace your keyboard from the constant keyboard access

Since you are playing online games, hard drive access will not be constant and wear out your hard drive, so you should be Okay !

DaveM121, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Playing/accessing a game from different drive on PC

No Sound while playing games.

Hi Marbea,

For us to further isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Are you experiencing the issue when playing games only?
    • Is the issue the same when playing a different game? What game are you trying to play?

Meanwhile, you can check and try performing the troubleshooting steps provided in this

article
    . Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Playing/accessing a game from different drive on PC

1. Playing/accessing a game from different drive on PC - Similar Threads - Playing accessing game

2. Access to files from old disk on different PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to files from old disk on different PC: Can anyone help me with an access issue I've encountered. I've recently had to replace my old Windows 11 laptop which had a lot of my data files including many office documents. I'm now trying to copy these files from the original SSD from my trashed laptop onto my new...
  3. Access to files from old disk on different PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to files from old disk on different PC: Can anyone help me with an access issue I've encountered. I've recently had to replace my old Windows 11 laptop which had a lot of my data files including many office documents. I'm now trying to copy these files from the original SSD from my trashed laptop onto my new...
  4. Windows Games on Different Drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Games on Different Drive: Heya!I just had to have Windows re-installed on my PC. I had most of my games installed on my D: drive but I'm unsure how to get Windows to recognize them so I can play. I'm not able to see them in the Xbox app like normal. Any help is appreciated....
  5. Access Drive on Different Subnet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Drive on Different Subnet: Hello. I have a Western Digital drive that needs to exist on a separate VLAN from my desktop computer. The drive is on subnet 1, the desktop is on subnet 2. The router appears to be configured correctly, since I can successfully ping the drive from the desktop, and can access...
  6. Access Drive on Different Subnet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Drive on Different Subnet: Hello. I have a Western Digital drive that needs to exist on a separate VLAN from my desktop computer. The drive is on subnet 1, the desktop is on subnet 2. The router appears to be configured correctly, since I can successfully ping the drive from the desktop, and can access...
  7. Access system configuration from a different drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access system configuration from a different drive?: Hello,After performing a clean boot on my SSD using Windows guide and restarting my computer, I was no longer able to login because my password was supposedly incorrect. Looking back at the guide, I realized I disabled all services including Windows services so I figured that...
  8. Playing a game on a different drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Playing a game on a different drive: I just installed a new ssd into my computer and I still have the hdd installed. I want to buy the game pass while its on sale to play sea of theives, as I have done in the past, and I still have it installed on my old hdd. How do I play the game without booting from the old...
  9. installing PC games on different drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing PC games on different drive: I have Windows 7 pro installed and then upgraded to windows 10 with latest updates etc for it. it is installed on C drive like normal. i have another hard drive G that i use to install bunch of PC games ranging from new to old. I noticed that when some of the pc games want to...
  10. Different BSODs while playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Different BSODs while playing games.: Ive been experiencing different kinds of bsod while playing games. On some games i BSOD 100% of the time while on some i dont BSOD at all. Ive got bsods like irql not less than or equal and unexpected kernel mode trap. On the event viewer it says Kernel power, Event 41....