Windows 10: Playing an SRT. file (subtitles) with a video using WMP

Discus and support Playing an SRT. file (subtitles) with a video using WMP in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When playing a movie with a foreign language without embedded subtitles, it is impossible to add the SRT. file on WMP so that the movie with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WarrenZubinski, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Playing an SRT. file (subtitles) with a video using WMP

When playing a movie with a foreign language without embedded subtitles, it is impossible to add the SRT. file on WMP so that the movie with the subtitles can be seen. In order to rectify this problem, I searched Google and found there was an app call WmpSub (Local Subtitles for WMP Installer) which I downloaded and installed. I also found a YouTube video that tells one to get it working, which said to open the WMP, click Organize:OptionsPlaying an SRT. file (subtitles) with a video using WMP :plug-ins:Background. At that point, a box appears in which the WmpSup app is supposed to appear but it doesn't. Dragging the SRT. file to the play area doesn't work so the result is the movie still can't be seen with subtitles. My question is: how do I get the WMP to play an external subtitles file?

:)

WarrenZubinski, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Clark Ari Win User

How play all Subtitles(.srt) files on Windows Media Player in Windows 10.

Hi Bob,

One of the reasons why this issue occurs is a corrupted video file format. To troubleshoot your subtitle issue using .srt format, you can follow these steps:

• Go to File Explorer, and create a new folder.
    • Move your video and .srt file to the new folder.
    • The video and the subtitle file should have the same name. For example,
      "Movie"
      and the subtitle is "Movie.srt".
    • Right-click on the video and choose "Play
      with
      Windows Media Player" and check if it makes any difference.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Aveon Sky Win User
    (SOLVED) WMP can't showing .SRT subtitle for MKV video in Windows 10

hi, I have a problem with WMP
    in Windows 10. WMP not
    able to display subtitles in the format
    "Srt" on the video format
    "Mkv". have
    tried to install codec pack
    (k-lite codec
    and shark codec),
    which are usually managed in windows
    7,8,8.1 (yeah always the same problem
    in WMP) but in windows
    10, the trick did not work
    anymore. so I need a solution
    here, because all the solutions
    that have been searched (equated
    the name of the file, install DirectVobSub,
    edit section WMP subtitle
    settings, etc.) and
    do not find their way out.

thanks...

*Update

find some tips here
    about the same issue in .mp4, so
    do the same thing in mkv and successful.

Run As Admin on Shark007,
    in the MKV tab and check
    the "Disable Media Foundation for
    MKV" and exit.

enjoy playing mkv videos with srt subtitle in WMP windows 10 Playing an SRT. file (subtitles) with a video using WMP ;)

Aveon Sky, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Playing an SRT. file (subtitles) with a video using WMP

How play all Subtitles(.srt) files on Windows Media Player in Windows 10.

Hey All,

Currently, I can play most Video Formats on my WMP after installing the K Lite Codec but still having issues playing all Subtitle files.

I know that WMP naturally doesn't support .srt files like VLC Player does, but if there is any tweaking or adjustments that can be done to enable this option, please share with me.

I am fed up of using other Third Party Media Players and all advertising crap that comes with it.

Alternatively, the new Movies & TV app does play some srt files but not as versatile as the WMP. I very much prefer the WMP.

Thanks all.

SimPlayGeneral, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Playing an SRT. file (subtitles) with a video using WMP

1. Playing an SRT. file (subtitles) with a video using WMP - Similar Threads - Playing SRT file

2. How to create SRT subtitles in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create SRT subtitles in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Here is a guide for you to create SRT subtitle files in Windows 11/10. SRT stands for SubRip Text and is a subtitle file used to insert captions to movies and videos. It is a text-based file that contains the sequential number of subtitles with starting and ending...
  3. Any program to convert sub./idx subtitles to srt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any program to convert sub./idx subtitles to srt: Hi folks I use subtitle translation a reasonable amout -- translating srt (text files) to another language. However some cases I can only get the sub/idx combo format of subtitles from say DVD's etc. Is there any way to convert these to .srt format -- I don't care if it's...
  4. WMP red diagonal lines when playing videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMP red diagonal lines when playing videos: Hey, So i am using an AMD wx5100 GPU and have used simialr cards in previous builds. But when viewimg video in WMP or VLC, i get a lil hang and then these red diagonal lines. I havent seem to be able to find amything on it, just the vertical line. GPU is not on demo mode...
  5. Whenever I use a .srt subtitle file for a movie, this red background pops up whenever a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I use a .srt subtitle file for a movie, this red background pops up whenever a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/one_one_three [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ifinpt/whenever_i_use_a_srt_subtitle_file_for_a_movie/
  6. Subtitles (SRT) to Audio (Text to Speech) Converter?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Subtitles (SRT) to Audio (Text to Speech) Converter?: Is there a program that I can use to convert SRT to Audio files locally? I tried Balabolka and it works nicely but it's very slow and often throws errors and aborts itself. submitted by /u/NayamAmarshe [link] [comments]...
  7. WMP playing audio but no video in WMV files

WMP playing audio but no video in WMV files: Hello all, Tried searching but couldn't find similar posts. WMP in Windows 10 will play audio but no video for all WMV files. It just started 1-2 weeks ago. I actually did a clean install and downloaded some codec packages to no avail. Anyone have similar issue or know a...
  8. Playing wma files on wmp in Windows 10PRO

Playing wma files on wmp in Windows 10PRO: I used to copy CD's I had purchased onto my old Windows XP pc and play them back via Windows Media Player. However, having now upgraded to a Windows 10 o/s pc, I find that the player will not play some of these tracks. If this were the case with all the files then that would...
  9. SUBTITLE FILES -srt files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SUBTITLE FILES -srt files: Good day Yesterday I tried to play a subtitle to a movie I was viewing but it didn't work when checking the sub it views a blank tile when I right click it says its a srt file and that its unable to be used on windows 10 after I upgraded. This was never a problem before I...
  10. How Cast to device with external subtitle (SUB,SRT) ??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Cast to device with external subtitle (SUB,SRT) ??: i have an windows 10 and an LG Smart TV, i can cast any video or audio file on tv, but no subbtitles... there is an hidden option so i can add the subbs while i wach the movie ?...