Windows 10: playing and recording a video restarts my phone

Discus and support playing and recording a video restarts my phone in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 3 months after buying my Lumia 540 phone it stopped playing and recording videos. Every time I try to play or record a video it restarts and also, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lukundo Sikainga, Dec 20, 2020.

1. playing and recording a video restarts my phone

3 months after buying my Lumia 540 phone it stopped playing and recording videos. Every time I try to play or record a video it restarts and also, when I try to make a voice call or even answer one it restarts. Please help me

:)

Lukundo Sikainga, Dec 20, 2020
  2. YusAguila Win User

Recorded Videos will not play

I have a Lumia 950 XL.

recently when I record a video and try to play it says that this file is not supported by this device. Also when I restart my device the videos and photos are gone.

I tried saving the videos and photos to the phone instead of the sd card but the problem continues.

YusAguila, Dec 20, 2020
  3. HP laptop restarts every time I play a video

Hello Mac,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What application are you using to play the video files?
    • Are you getting any error messages when playing a video?
    • Since you've mentioned that you've shot a video of the said issue, would you be able to send us a clip of the recording?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 20, 2020
  4. playing and recording a video restarts my phone

can't play video

Hello,

Let's sort this out by providing us the information below:

• Is this a downloaded file, is this a recorded file using your phone's camera, or streamed online?
    • If this is a downloaded file, have you tried checking the file extension?
    • If recorded the file using your phone's camera, is this the only file that's not playing or all recorded files are not playing?
    • When did the issue start?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For additional information, you can also use this
    article
    about audio and video codes supported on Windows Phone.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

playing and recording a video restarts my phone

1. playing and recording a video restarts my phone - Similar Threads - playing recording video

2. My recording won’t play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My recording won’t play: I get this error message what can I do? I need the recording https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-recording-wont-play/a678d37e-05ac-4bf3-8549-dc7f8e3ec030
  3. My recording won’t play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My recording won’t play: I get this error message what can I do? I need the recording https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-recording-wont-play/a678d37e-05ac-4bf3-8549-dc7f8e3ec030
  4. Record video

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Record video: I have a lecture that I can't download but only be able to play in browsers. I need an app that would record my chrome page only. At the same time, I want to be able to use other apps which shouldn't affect the chrome recording process. Does anyone know any app or have any...
  5. Record video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Record video: I have a lecture that I can't download but only be able to play in browsers. I need an app that would record my chrome page only. At the same time, I want to be able to use other apps which shouldn't affect the chrome recording process. Does anyone know any app or have any...
  6. Record video

7. record a video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    record a video: how do i record a video of myself singing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/record-a-video/2f753834-d3a0-4c02-a16a-655208180277
  8. My webcam will not record video.

My webcam will not record video.: I get error code 0xA00F425C<videoCaptureFileCreationFailed> 0x80270200 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-webcam-will-not-record-video/639aebb6-a4d0-4393-84ab-404e530f1574
  9. Video recording

Video recording: I cannot record a video with my camera app for windows 10. The camera takes pics but when I click the record button it doesnt record. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-recording/65ea25c0-a3a3-40c7-be8a-9b9900de23ee
  10. Winamp won't play .m4a files recorded on my phone

Winamp won't play .m4a files recorded on my phone: I recorded a bunch of audio on my phone and it came out as .m4a files. They play fine in other players, but winamp won't play them. I really need to play them on Winamp, because I have hours of material to get through and I'm gonna need to skip back and forth a lot and that...