Windows 10: Playing and riping a CD useing an external CD player

Discus and support Playing and riping a CD useing an external CD player in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Could anyone tell me how I can play and rip a CD from an external drive. My computer is a HP Pavilion and the external player is an LG portable DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoyBowker, Aug 11, 2018.

1. RoyBowker Win User

Playing and riping a CD useing an external CD player

Could anyone tell me how I can play and rip a CD from an external drive. My computer is a HP Pavilion and the external player is an LG portable DVD writer. I have ripped before but now cannot remember how to rip. Also I can't even play the CD that's in the LG player. Being 80 years of age doesn't help I know!

Roy

:)

RoyBowker, Aug 11, 2018

2. Plug and Play external CD players

When will Microsoft release an update to Windows 10 to allow Plug and Play external CD Players to operate using Windows Media Player or Groove Music? When I bought my computer which came with Windows 8.1 it recognized the plug and play. When I upgraded
    to Windows 10 the plug and play was still recognized and playing until May 1st 2017. Now it's no longer in the Device Manager and I've got files I need to download to finish projects. Please, Microsoft, come up with a patch for this so I can continue finishing
    my work. BTW, the external CD Player is an LG GP60NB50 and it does not need drivers.

BillWill_22, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Windows Media will not burn my music discs to play on regular CD players

Hello CGaleBaker,

Could you please reply to some of my questions?

• Which Cd player are you referring to? What is the make and model?
    • Did you try to play the music other cd player?
    Well, I suspect there is some issue with the cd player itself as it is running fine on the computer. I suggest you to try playing in on different player and check first.

Let us know how it goes.

SujataMoktan, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Playing and riping a CD useing an external CD player

MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Playing and riping a CD useing an external CD player

1. Playing and riping a CD useing an external CD player - Similar Threads - Playing riping useing

2. About CD riping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About CD riping: I was CD riping on my windows 11 and got this message We were not able to complete the CD rip operation 0x8001010E I did get my music files but I don't under stand what it mean...
  3. About CD riping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About CD riping: I was CD riping on my windows 11 and got this message We were not able to complete the CD rip operation 0x8001010E I did get my music files but I don't under stand what it mean...
  4. external cd player won't play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external cd player won't play: I have an external cd player that will not play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cd-player-wont-play/e3457342-91fe-402e-be9a-dda0700cb09d
  5. external cd player won't play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external cd player won't play: I have an external cd player that will not play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cd-player-wont-play/e3457342-91fe-402e-be9a-dda0700cb09d
  6. CD-R in CD player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD-R in CD player: If a CD-R has a jpeg and an audio file saved on it then will a standard CD player be able to recognise the audio track and play it?Not sure if the CD-R has been saved as a data or as audio. How would I be able to find this out?...
  7. make an audio cd that will play on cd players

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    make an audio cd that will play on cd players: How do Imake an audio cd that will play on a cd player? Got songs from computer to cd with no problem, but will not play on cd player, or in vehicle cd player....
  8. my external dvd/cd player will only play cd. how come

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my external dvd/cd player will only play cd. how come: my external dvd/cd player will only play a cd. how come https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-dvdcd-player-will-only-play-cd-how/6b9d6b2e-992e-48ad-ba88-c31875bc4e62
  9. External CD player/burner

External CD player/burner: I have connected via USB a new CD burner. I can rip music, but it won't let me burn Connect a burner and restart the player. I've tried all of the suggestions, but it's not working....
  10. External DVD/CD player

External DVD/CD player: It will play CD's but not DVD's. How do I make it play DVD's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvdcd-player/9ccb57e6-b782-4b1c-b3f2-0d74c0a00020