Windows 10: Playing Audio through 2 devices at once?

Discus and support Playing Audio through 2 devices at once? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi peeps, ive upgraded my headset recently and now i face this issue: before i was using a Sennheiser USB Dongle for sound (3,5mm audio out, 3,5mm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/meerjungfrauman, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Playing Audio through 2 devices at once?

Hi peeps,

ive upgraded my headset recently and now i face this issue:

before i was using a Sennheiser USB Dongle for sound (3,5mm audio out, 3,5mm mic in), then i split the audio out with a 3,5mm splitter to have playback both on my headset and on my stereo system, which i could easily just turn on if i wanted the loudspeakers to give out the audio.

now i got a pretty sweet wireless jabra headphone from my company which does, of course, not use 3.5mm, but a USB dongle. can i somehow tell windows to give the audio to my Sennheiser USB dongle as well as my Jabra usb dongle? delay or stuff like that is not really an issue, since i use the stereo speaker system mostly when im muted but wanna follow the conversation while, for example, cleaning up my room or stuff like that. not high pressure situations like multiplayer gaming or business calls.

is there a software to achieve this?

on a sidenode, i recently started streaming for a small audience of friends, and im only able to stream my main audio output, im not able to just stream the game audio. this is bad when watching movies or listening to music. since it is related, i thought i throw that issue in as well, maybe theres a one-stop audio app that can help with both these things. but the first issue, thats the main one Playing Audio through 2 devices at once? :D

thanks, best regards

submitted by /u/meerjungfrauman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/meerjungfrauman, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Jessen P Win User

Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Mar 5, 2021
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Playing Audio through 2 devices at once?

Audio device

Hi Rajamannar,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to the audio and display driver is out dated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods information provided.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps:

Method 2.

I recommend you to update the audio driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and output and right click on it and
      update the driver.
    • For the video issues try the below method.
    Method 3.

Also I suggest you to update the display driver and let us know the status.

• Press Windows Key + R and type
      devmgmt.msc in the box and hit Enter.

• Locate and Expand the Display Adapter driver.

• Right Click on the Display Device.

• Click on update.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Playing Audio through 2 devices at once?

1. Playing Audio through 2 devices at once? - Similar Threads - Playing Audio through

2. sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device: I've followed many steps online on how to fix the issue and im starting to go into a panic.nothing works as the title says https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-will-not-play-through-speakers-or-any-audio/a2c5fbcb-4f07-486d-9ba8-e93708664a12
  3. sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device: I've followed many steps online on how to fix the issue and im starting to go into a panic.nothing works as the title says https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-will-not-play-through-speakers-or-any-audio/a2c5fbcb-4f07-486d-9ba8-e93708664a12
  4. audio playing through mic?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio playing through mic?: okay so discord is picking up any audio i play. youtube, games, notification noises. they all go through and people in voice calls can hear. I've tried updating drivers, disabling stereo mix. nothing helps. this only happens when I use my headset. it doesn't happen if I just...
  5. Itunes music playing through speakers not through connected audio devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Itunes music playing through speakers not through connected audio devices?: I recently got a windows pc and downloaded iTunes because I have the subscription. I connected a pair of wired headphones to my pc and played a song from my library tab and I came out of the speakers. Any other sounds that are from the internet or the sound tests came out...
  6. Play sound through 2 usb devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Play sound through 2 usb devices: Hello, i was wondering if I am able to play sound through 2 different usb headsets. I know you can do it with the default computer sound source and a headset. But I'm looking to have sound coming through 2 separate headsets. The stereo mix setting only allows for a head jack...
  7. Computer is playing beeping through audio devices

Computer is playing beeping through audio devices: So, every few days or so just out of random the computer will begin playing beeping noises, not from startup however from either the speakers or the headphones. Oddly enough these consist of different kinds of chimes, some occurring during the night close to 5 am, sometimes...
  8. Audio playing through microphone

Audio playing through microphone: All of my audio is playing through my microphone on discord, teamspeak, game chat etc. and I can't seem to fix it. Its not my microphone because when I mute my mic on my headset the audio still plays. I have tried disabling all of the other audio devices besides my headset...
  9. USB resets intermittently playing through audio device

USB resets intermittently playing through audio device: Summary: I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 as my audio output device. It connects to my Windows 10 machine via USB. It appears that the USB connection is sporadically getting interrupted or falling off for some reason. Is this a known problem? And if so, is there a...
  10. Recording from 2 audio devices at once

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recording from 2 audio devices at once: So, I just started a YouTube channel with my wife. We bought a decent camera that seems to do a great job recording whoever is sitting closest to it, but has issues with the person sitting father away. Since I have a spare USB mic, I was hoping to record from both audio...