Windows 10: Playing AVI files

Discus and support Playing AVI files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have AVI files taken on a trail camera but they won't play on Photos or Media Player. The play within the trail camera.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TonyChild, Apr 11, 2019.

1. TonyChild Win User

Playing AVI files

I have AVI files taken on a trail camera but they won't play on Photos or Media Player. The play within the trail camera.

:)

TonyChild, Apr 11, 2019

2. Play an incomplete avi file?

divfix might be able to help, if not, and VLC and the other suggestions don't work it might just be impossible for your files. Are you sure they're avi files for example, check them out with g-spot. Sometimes funny people rename rar files to avi and such.

DanTheBanjoman, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Unable to play AVI files from SD Card

Hi marktoole,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues playing .avi file in Windows 10. It could be caused by corrupted system file or an issue with the file itself.

I would like to know more about your concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing this issue only when playing the .avi files?
    • Have you tried playing another video file? If so, are you encountering the same issue?
    • Have you tried playing the .avi file on another video player application?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting when playing the .avi file?

We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Apr 11, 2019
  4. APA
    Apa Win User

Playing AVI files

Play an incomplete avi file?

aviPreview? Only player I know that's supposed to play incomplete avi files.

avipreview.com

Thema:

Playing AVI files

1. Playing AVI files - Similar Threads - Playing AVI files

2. Media Player won't play avi files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player won't play avi files.: I can play "avi" files from my SSD just fine, but not from an SDHC or USB device. When I try "Media Player" or Dell's "Power Media Player" both take a LONG time to start and then don't move through the file. Files are 5.6MB on an 8GB SDHC card. There are numerous files, all...
  3. Media Player won't play avi files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player won't play avi files.: I can play "avi" files from my SSD just fine, but not from an SDHC or USB device. When I try "Media Player" or Dell's "Power Media Player" both take a LONG time to start and then don't move through the file. Files are 5.6MB on an 8GB SDHC card. There are numerous files, all...
  4. .avi video files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .avi video files: I have sun glasses that record video in the .avi format. I can open and view them on my iphone, Ipad and even an HP computer so old there is no legacy support for it but with my brand new $1000.00 lap top it does not even recognize it?...
  5. .avi video files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .avi video files: I have sun glasses that record video in the .avi format. I can open and view them on my iphone, Ipad and even an HP computer so old there is no legacy support for it but with my brand new $1000.00 lap top it does not even recognize it?...
  6. How to play AVI files using Movies & TV app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to play AVI files using Movies & TV app?: Can you suggest a way to play old AVI files. I have some restrictions so I need only native Windows 10 apps - for instance Movies & TV app. Thank you....
  7. AVI files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AVI files: How do I open an AVI file in Window 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avi-files/317514da-dd91-4a1a-9685-12ace4d74f02
  8. play avi files

play avi files: How do I play AVI files - file type is not an option under tools https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-avi-files/0f83aa78-8a2b-4fd1-bc57-f3ac7900412a"
  9. Windows 10 Will Not Play AVI Files

Windows 10 Will Not Play AVI Files: Just purchased a new HP Windows 10 laptop and finished transferring files from my old Windows 7 Asus. After the transfer I discovered that all video with MP4 and MOV extensions play correctly but the videos with AVI extensions do not play. The AVI files did play correctly...
  10. AVI-files locked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AVI-files locked: Can't play my AVI-files. I am using the Pinnacle Studio program and the AVI-files are showed with a locker symbol. I get the following error message: 0xc00d5212. Can somebody help me....