Windows 10: Playing back the audio from headset mic

Discus and support Playing back the audio from headset mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a problem with recording my voice while I am using my Game DVR. The audio playback is picking up my voice from the computer speakers rather than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sheila Webb, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Playing back the audio from headset mic

I have a problem with recording my voice while I am using my Game DVR. The audio playback is picking up my voice from the computer speakers rather than the headset microphone. Can I change something to get it playback from the headset mic?

:)

Sheila Webb, Dec 9, 2018
  2. bro67 Win User

Mic picking up audio output from headset.

Either they are playing around with you or you have a chat running, with the MIC allowing everything, no matter what. Suggest unhooking your headset when not using.

bro67, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Windbrand Win User
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Playing back the audio from headset mic

How to play audio and record on headset at the same time in windows

I have a computer which has seperate ports for mic and headphones. I want to record using my headset's built-in mic and play audio at the same time(on the same headset). Basically I'm recording gameplay and want to listen to game sounds on my headset and since I do not have a mic I want to record me speaking too on the same headset. So it should recieve game audio and send mic audio at the same time.

Programming coder, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Playing back the audio from headset mic

1. Playing back the audio from headset mic - Similar Threads - Playing audio headset

2. Headset is used in parallel as audio and mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset is used in parallel as audio and mic: I updated my drivers lately and started to get problems with my earphones.So I have been using Airpods Pro 2 for some time and it worked perfectly. Best possible audio, and usage of microphone in calls without any workarounds. After updating it appeared, that It slowly...
  3. ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic: I recently bought a steelseries headset as a replacement to my old headset, and both headsets had an issue where all of the audio that played on my computer would also play through my microphone. My laptop runs off of Realtek Audio Drivers, and It seems like i'm not the only...
  4. ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic: I recently bought a steelseries headset as a replacement to my old headset, and both headsets had an issue where all of the audio that played on my computer would also play through my microphone. My laptop runs off of Realtek Audio Drivers, and It seems like i'm not the only...
  5. Bluetooth Headset Audio and Mic Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headset Audio and Mic Issue: I bought a bluetooth headphone MPOW X 4.0 and when I connected it to my Dell Computer, in the sound tab, I viewed two audios stereo and hands free when I chose stereo no sound was coming through the headphone and the mic was not working. And when I chose hands free audio, the...
  6. Wireless headset audio + mic problem

Wireless headset audio + mic problem: Hi, i have a Sony WH-CH500 headset and i got a little problem there. I hear the sound very well when i'm not using the headset's mic, but when i enter in a discord channel the audio freeze and just the microphone is working, but the audio is still working as you can see in...
  7. Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?

Laptop not splitting headset mic & audio?: Hi Simple version. When i plug in my headset to my laptop windows10 is not splitting it into one output and one input. I fixed this years back by setting the popup box 'whats plugged in' from headphone to headset. Then it split the audio and mic. However i had to reinstall...
  8. Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone

Headset mic picks up audio playing through the headphone: Hello! My issue at the moment is on my old PC, I had a B&O Play control center with my realtek HDA card, which had an option for acoustic echo cancellation. Normally this should be found in the enhancement tab, correct? The problem is, on my new PC I have Realtek HDA(SST) and...
  9. Mic picking up audio output from headset.

Mic picking up audio output from headset.: Hello, So i recently got a new laptop, and when I went in a call with my friends, they told me they could hear every sound from my PC, for the past 3 hours I've been trying to look for solutions, but none of them are helpful, please help me. Ps, my laptop has IDT sound stuff....
  10. Corsair Void Headset - No MIC Audio

Corsair Void Headset - No MIC Audio: Oooh Cool. Thanks for the link.