Windows 10: Playing Battlefield 2: Gettysburg in Windows 10

Discus and support Playing Battlefield 2: Gettysburg in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to start the games I get an error message that the game is not compatible with Windows 10. This game was released using Windows 95. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rastafreedom, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Playing Battlefield 2: Gettysburg in Windows 10

When I try to start the games I get an error message that the game is not compatible with Windows 10. This game was released using Windows 95. I've tried using the compatibility settings but that doesn't help.

Can this game be played in Windows 10? How do I set up the game to do so?

Thanks,

:)

rastafreedom, Sep 30, 2019

2. how to play battlefield 3 on this windows 10?

Hi Barnard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about playing Battlefield game on Windows 10.

Kindly provide us with additional information to assist you better:

• Were you able to install the game on Windows 10?
    • What happens when to try to open the game?
    • Is you issue concerned about control accesses on the game?
    • Is there any error code/ error message while trying to open the game?

Also, I suggest you to open the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps:

Follow the steps to install the game in Compatibility mode.

• Download the game from the website.

• Right click the game installation file
      and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.

• Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.

• Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.

• Try installing the game and check.

Please provide us with additional information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Computer freezes while playing Battlefield Bad Company 2

Original title:- bfbc2

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, my computer freezes while playing Battlefield Bad Company 2.

I've been playing the game for several years with no problems before this.

ClaudioCriscuolo, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Playing Battlefield 2: Gettysburg in Windows 10

When starting Battlefield, i get blackscreen and it disappeares.

Hello Harun,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you receive a black screen when trying to play battlefield 2 in Windows 10. We will assist you with this issue.

• Is the issue persists to only this particular game or with other games as well?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows Updates?

This issue might have occurred due to faulty or corrupted display drivers. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I would suggest you to update your graphic card drivers and check if it helps.

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on Start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display adapter and expand it.
      • Right click on the device and select Update driver.

Step 2: Further if the issue persists, try to uninstall and reinstall Graphic drivers.

1. Press
    Windows key + R key.

2.Type
    devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

3.In device manager go to
    Display adapter.

4. Right click and
    uninstall.

After you uninstall the drives, I suggest you to reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturing website and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Playing Battlefield 2: Gettysburg in Windows 10

1. Playing Battlefield 2: Gettysburg in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Playing Battlefield Gettysburg

2. Battlefield 2 black screen then crash to desktop on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battlefield 2 black screen then crash to desktop on Windows 10 Home: Whenever I start Battlefield 2 on my laptop, the screen goes black and crashes back to desktop ( doesn't even reach the point where it says 'EA Games'. Please help me to fix and play, just to get the offline part working. I'm not bothered about going online. I started the...
  3. BSOD Playing Battlefield 1, several codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Playing Battlefield 1, several codes: As the title states, I have received several BSOD codes while playing battlefield one. These codes and crashes ONLY occur while playing battlefield one. I have tried a malware scan, anti-virus scan, sfc check, mem check, and updated my windows to the newest version. I have...
  4. Battlefield 2 not connecting to LAN multiplayer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battlefield 2 not connecting to LAN multiplayer: I have a legit old copies of BF2. While the game works on Windows 7 and 8 including local multiplayer, but on Windows 10, I tried to join to other PC with the same game version, BF2 shuts itself down. However hosting the game seems working without problems and other PCs can...
  5. BSOD playing Battlefield bad company 2

BSOD playing Battlefield bad company 2: The bsod happened few hours ago first time after some days with strange stuff. Most of the times it was when playing the game, Some beeps sometimes the game frozen and I had to restart the pc or shutdown the game somehow with task manager. Sometimes I saw strange things on...
  6. Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1: I ordered these games for Xbox one. I had toyed with downloading through the store but baulked when I saw they would be 50 gig approx each downloads. So I've ordered physical copies through Amazon instead. I'm pretty unfamiliar with Xbox and wondered what will happen when I...
  7. Battlefield bad company 2 crash to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battlefield bad company 2 crash to desktop: I have windows 10 64bit. Last days played the game without a problem. Now i tried to play tried 3-4 times and in each time after X minutes of playing the game is freezing for 1-3 seconds and crash to desktop without any message. It happend before with windows 10. And...
  8. BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Screen freeze during game play. WHEA has come up twice. Four or five freezes without the BSOD where I had to force quit and reboot. I can run whicher 3 and FFXIV without any problems. Not sure about fps before crashes. GPU running at about 80 max during game play. I have...
  9. BSOD playing Battlefield 1

BSOD playing Battlefield 1: I've never had an issue with system crashes, or playing the new battlefield 1 beta, but after a few hours I got a BSOD with Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. I looked online, ran a few scans, and updated some software, but in the middle of that process I got another BSOD...
  10. BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error

BSOD playing Battlefield 1, WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error: Hello there. I have browsed a little bit through the forums and observed I am not the only one with this issue. The PC usually crashes an hour into playing Battlefield 1. This is what I have tried so far: - Updated BIOS and drivers through ASUS EZ Update - Running the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 gettysburg