Windows 10: Playing discs on my hp PC

Discus and support Playing discs on my hp PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can play music discs but wjhen I insert a photo disc it doesn't play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pamelabarter1, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Playing discs on my hp PC

I can play music discs but wjhen I insert a photo disc it doesn't play

:)

pamelabarter1, Dec 9, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD plays one disc incorrectly

For us to isolate the issue, we would like to clarify if you were referring to another computer when you said
    "The CD plays fine elsewhere so it is OK." on your first post. If so, is it both running Windows 10 version?

To identify the exact reason why the issue is happening, we suggest playing the disc manually using the steps below:

• Type File Explorer on Cortana/Search bar, then click it.
    • On the File Explorer window, click This PC.
    • Right-click on the CD drive then, click Open.
      Playing discs on my hp PC 7415d552-8599-4d63-8121-16dc57c5d669.png
    • The music files will show up, choose a certain music to play.

Let us know if the music will respond accordingly.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 9, 2018
  3. What do I need to do to play data discs on my PC with Windows 10?

Hi,

I cannot play data discs (containing Photos) with Windows 10. I use to be able to use IMGBURN to convert to .iso files then burn to a dvd as a video dvd and play on VLC but that no longer works. I would appreciate any suggestions on any software that will
    convert my data discs to something playable on my PC.

In addition, my Autoplay does not work properly. I have Autoplay set to "on" and to ask me every time for the program to play the dvd but I never get the dropdown menu that will give me the choices. I have to open "MY PC" to try to play the disc.

Also, how do I determine if I have the capability to use the Windows DVD Player with Windows 10? It is listed with my apps but will not work with my data discs.

Thank you!

dmd

DwightDonnelly, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Playing discs on my hp PC

CD plays one disc incorrectly

Hi Judy,

Usually, when you insert a disc on the computer, the music will start automatically. There is a possibility that the music app that you are using is detecting a different playlist or music.

We need to clarify the following for us to identify what's causing the issue:

• Which music app are you using?
    • Have you tried using a different music app?
    • Did you personally created the playlist on the disc?

In the meantime, if you are using Windows Media Player, we suggest checking this
    article to know more information and what is needed when using this app.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Playing discs on my hp PC

1. Playing discs on my hp PC - Similar Threads - Playing discs

2. I can not play a CD in my DVD drive. keeps asking to insert a disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not play a CD in my DVD drive. keeps asking to insert a disc: Hello, I am trying to play a cd in my DVD drive. About two months ago , I was able but now it will not work. I have tried to uninstall the device and tried to update drivers it is all the same. When I run event viewer I get an event 410, Kernel-pnp with the following...
  3. I can not play a CD in my DVD drive. keeps asking to insert a disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not play a CD in my DVD drive. keeps asking to insert a disc: Hello, I am trying to play a cd in my DVD drive. About two months ago , I was able but now it will not work. I have tried to uninstall the device and tried to update drivers it is all the same. When I run event viewer I get an event 410, Kernel-pnp with the following...
  4. I can not play a CD in my DVD drive. keeps asking to insert a disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My HP laptop is not playing discs. Running windows 10. Device not able to upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP laptop is not playing discs. Running windows 10. Device not able to upgrade to...: My HP laptop is not playing discs. I have run the trouble shooter & there were no errors found. When I click on the media player the drive ejects & I insert the disc and it searches with a green bar like its searching for the disc. Then nothing happens. It used to play...
  6. My HP laptop is not playing discs. Running windows 10. Device not able to upgrade to...

My HP laptop is not playing discs. Running windows 10. Device not able to upgrade to...: My HP laptop is not playing discs. I have run the trouble shooter & there were no errors found. When I click on the media player the drive ejects & I insert the disc and it searches with a green bar like its searching for the disc. Then nothing happens. It used to play...
  7. My HP laptop is not playing discs. Running windows 10. Device not able to upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. is there an optical disc drive for 11 - how can I insert/play dvd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there an optical disc drive for 11 - how can I insert/play dvd: How can I play a DVD on Windows 11 - there is no tray in the HP pavilion desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-an-optical-disc-drive-for-11-how-can-i/2d22f6ad-f486-40f4-8a5e-9a88f1ee649e
  9. is there an optical disc drive for 11 - how can I insert/play dvd

is there an optical disc drive for 11 - how can I insert/play dvd: How can I play a DVD on Windows 11 - there is no tray in the HP pavilion desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-an-optical-disc-drive-for-11-how-can-i/2d22f6ad-f486-40f4-8a5e-9a88f1ee649e
  10. Trouble playing old DvD mini discs on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble playing old DvD mini discs on laptop: I am trying to play mini DVD RW discs using my Lenovo Ideapad s540 laptop using a portable USD disc drive but I get an error to say Windows 10 cannot read the disc. The USB drive is a Rioddas CD/DVD external player, according to its properties it is 2006...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to play a cd photo disc on widows 10