Windows 10: Playing DVD on Sony DVD reader

Discus and support Playing DVD on Sony DVD reader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recorded home movies and pictures onto a DVD on my MS 10 computer but the DVD disc will not play on my Sony DVD player on the TV. Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HeatherJacoby, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Playing DVD on Sony DVD reader

I recorded home movies and pictures onto a DVD on my MS 10 computer but the DVD disc will not play on my Sony DVD player on the TV. Why?

:)

HeatherJacoby, Jun 9, 2021
  2. DaMulta Win User

DVD ripping porgrams

DVD shrink works fine for most dvds if it's a sony DVD you need to take an extre seperate step.

DaMulta, Jun 9, 2021
  3. dvd reader

Hi Billy,

This issue is quite unclear and not complete to be understood by our readers.
    It is too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with your DVD. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What is the exact make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact make and model of your DVD drive?
    • What are the contents of this DVD?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums
    to help you phrase and compose your concerns in complete detail to our community. In this way, the readers will get enough information that will lead them to provide you accurate solutions.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Playing DVD on Sony DVD reader

Playing dvds

Hi Dan,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is it happening on all the DVDs that you are trying to play on the Media Player?
    • Have you tried playing the DVDs on other computers? If so, are you getting the same error?
    • When did you start encountering the issue?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player troubleshooter. To do this. follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, choose View all.
    • Run the Windows Media Player DVD, Windows Media Player Library, and
      Windows Media Player Settings.

Playing DVD on Sony DVD reader d40dab60-b76b-4f48-962b-c93b0dece089.png
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Playing DVD on Sony DVD reader

1. Playing DVD on Sony DVD reader - Similar Threads - Playing DVD Sony

2. Sony DVD+R

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sony DVD+R: I have got Windows 10 in my computer and the DVD reader CAN read and download the videos I have recorded on DVD+R support EXCEPT the Sony ones. Any idea of what the problem is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-dvdr/0bb33c09-ef92-4097-a128-07026eb1aa13
  3. Sony DVD+R

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sony DVD+R: I have got Windows 10 in my computer and the DVD reader CAN read and download the videos I have recorded on DVD+R support EXCEPT the Sony ones. Any idea of what the problem is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sony-dvdr/0bb33c09-ef92-4097-a128-07026eb1aa13
  4. Sony DVD+R

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. playing dvd's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    playing dvd's: The disc tray has suddenly stopped playing any disc. It just makes "odd" noises! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-dvds/18e776d9-08a1-4546-93c7-1fde1fddb855
  6. play a DVD

play a DVD: How do I play a DVD on mylaptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-a-dvd/52b29f98-ef80-400c-ba6d-7058f13d254e
  7. Sony DVD player not playing music in the intended order

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sony DVD player not playing music in the intended order: Following upgrade of computer (win 10), my Sony dvd player opens albums with the tracks displayed (and played) in alphabetical order...not the intended track order. Never did this before. Any ideas? **original Title** Streaming music...
  8. Playing DVD

Playing DVD: Bought windows media player and have put dvd in drive but cant find it when I open media player and its not opening automatically. Can anyone help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/playing-dvd/886fa2d2-fa99-4f3c-94c1-91fcf5a7f1ec
  9. Phantom DVD Reader

Phantom DVD Reader: I installed Win 10 Pro TP x32 in a Desktop with a Pentium D an early build and it worked fine. I had an EIDE DVD reader which I removed afterwards. Now every time I try to install a new build of Win 10 it appers as option 2 to boot: sellecting option 1 (DVD WR SATA) setup...
  10. DVD will not play

DVD will not play: I have an ASUS 501ux laptop with Windows 10. It doesn't have an internal DVD player. I purchased an external USB3 DVD drive but the laptop needs something to play the DVD. It won't open the DVD. What do I need? 51767