Windows 10: playing dvd on windows 10 not allowed -- unless I pay. shocking

Discus and support playing dvd on windows 10 not allowed -- unless I pay. shocking in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 won't allow playing dvds? REALLY upset.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Billabong88, Nov 1, 2018.

1. playing dvd on windows 10 not allowed -- unless I pay. shocking

Windows 10 won't allow playing dvds? REALLY upset.

:)

Billabong88, Nov 1, 2018

2. Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 1, 2018
  3. playing a DVD on PC with Windows 10

Hi,

In order for us to determine the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, we'd like to clarify the following:

• What happens when you try to play a DVD?

• Did you try a different DVD?

• Did you get any error messages?

• Are you able to see the content of DVD on the file explorer?

• What is the file format of the files inside the DVD?

Regards.

Zedrick Del, Nov 1, 2018
  4. playing dvd on windows 10 not allowed -- unless I pay. shocking

Playing dvds

Hi Dan,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is it happening on all the DVDs that you are trying to play on the Media Player?
    • Have you tried playing the DVDs on other computers? If so, are you getting the same error?
    • When did you start encountering the issue?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player troubleshooter. To do this. follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, choose View all.
    • Run the Windows Media Player DVD, Windows Media Player Library, and
      Windows Media Player Settings.

playing dvd on windows 10 not allowed  --  unless I pay. shocking d40dab60-b76b-4f48-962b-c93b0dece089.png
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

playing dvd on windows 10 not allowed -- unless I pay. shocking

1. playing dvd on windows 10 not allowed -- unless I pay. shocking - Similar Threads - playing dvd allowed

2. Are "free" versions of Windows 10 & 11 preconfigured to be faulty unless you pay for a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are "free" versions of Windows 10 & 11 preconfigured to be faulty unless you pay for a...: Greetings, I am an old Microsoft customer and possibly through a family member who bought and used Microsoft products faithfully through their lifetime. I have also used Microsoft products up until around Windows Vista, or there about. Now, I find it is hard to get a hold of...
  3. Are "free" versions of Windows 10 & 11 preconfigured to be faulty unless you pay for a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are "free" versions of Windows 10 & 11 preconfigured to be faulty unless you pay for a...: Greetings, I am an old Microsoft customer and possibly through a family member who bought and used Microsoft products faithfully through their lifetime. I have also used Microsoft products up until around Windows Vista, or there about. Now, I find it is hard to get a hold of...
  4. Are "free" versions of Windows 10 & 11 preconfigured to be faulty unless you pay for a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. play dvd on windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    play dvd on windows 10 laptop: how to play dvd on windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-dvd-on-windows-10-laptop/346e6693-f94e-404f-8dc7-b2d8f6cc29b1
  6. Completely Restrict Windows 10 from Downloading Updates Unless I Allow It

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Completely Restrict Windows 10 from Downloading Updates Unless I Allow It: Just like the subject line says: I want to Completely Restrict Windows 10 from Downloading Updates Unless I Allow It A huge problem with the Windows Update is that it downloads and possibly prepares the necessary update files regardless of Active Hours settings. If I say...
  7. playing old dvd on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playing old dvd on windows 10: how do i play an old dvd on windows 10 without paying or downloading an app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-old-dvd-on-windows-10/9e8f882c-6e5c-46ef-be9c-ee14f04a2c71
  8. can't play dvd on windows 10

can't play dvd on windows 10: can't play my dvd on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-dvd-on-windows-10/5b473c3a-041d-4fa8-a4dd-36dfcc21a5cb
  9. DVD would not play Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD would not play Windows 10: Purchased a slightly used Dell Lap Top, DVD would not play. Brought it to shop for inspection, said XP was installed and not compatible with Windows 10. What does this mean? Thanks...
  10. DVD does not play in windows 10

DVD does not play in windows 10: hi,guys DVD does not play in windows 10, how do i sort this out? thanks for your time guys, . 62344