Windows 10: playing DVD or cd on my computer

Discus and support playing DVD or cd on my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; playing DVD or cd on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jessicaruiz1, Oct 3, 2018.

1. playing DVD or cd on my computer

playing DVD or cd on my computer

:)

jessicaruiz1, Oct 3, 2018
  2. AnneRyan2 Win User

playing cd and dvd

I can no longer play cds or dvds on my laptop with windows 10.

Any suggestions?

AnneRyan2, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Ji-M Win User
    CANT PLAY CD/DVDS THROUGH MEDIA PLAYER

I tried method 1 and restarted my computer. I was still unable to play my CD. I then began Method 2 and got to step 3. Here I had to stop because I did not any "DVD\CD-ROM" drivers in the list.

Ji-M, Oct 3, 2018
  4. playing DVD or cd on my computer

Cannot play CD/DVD player.

Hi, Keith.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

I would suggest that you check if the CD/DVD file is supported by your player. If it is then I would like to suggest that you un-install and re-install the CD/DVD driver and check if the same issue persist. To do so follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand "CD/DVD ROM”
    • Find and double-click the driver from the left panel to uninstall.
    • Right-click the driver and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

playing DVD or cd on my computer

1. playing DVD or cd on my computer - Similar Threads - playing DVD computer

2. DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD: I've been trying to create a DVD with some mp4 music videos on, so I inserted a blank DVD-R and when I got the "How do you want to use this disc?" prompt, I selected the "With CD/DVD Player" option. I then drag & drop the mp4 files and click on "Finish burning". It burns them...
  3. cd/dvd play download....does not play dvd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd/dvd play download....does not play dvd: downloaded cd/dvd player app, does not work $14.95 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-play-downloaddoes-not-play-dvd/5c598541-7a75-4f19-b651-2ca48a4bd0ed
  4. cd/dvd not playing

cd/dvd not playing: windows 10 will not recognize my cd player how do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-not-playing/96a6c509-0bdb-4de1-84c2-36f3ef57bd5d
  5. can't play a cd/dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't play a cd/dvd: Why can't I play a cd or dvd. it's an instructional one for my sewing machine and I'm having a problem with it. It wants to go to Media player, but that doesn't work. I am so tired of Windows 10, everything is so friggin difficult....
  6. My PC plays cd's but will not play dvd's it says that the computer cannot read because of...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC plays cd's but will not play dvd's it says that the computer cannot read because of...: As above, can anyone helo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-plays-cds-but-will-not-play-dvds-it-says/7a47c038-6971-4014-8a5c-b73751ed39eb
  7. CD/DVD+-RW will not play.

CD/DVD+-RW will not play.: It worked fine before I updated to Windows 10. I've tried everything I read but still no success. I've uninstalled and rebooted comp (nothing). I look in the DIRECTORY and it is there. I right click and can open it, but it still will not read the disk. I ran a hardware scan...
  8. CD / DVD not playing

CD / DVD not playing: Hi I am not able to play cds on my laptop, windows 10. I used to get a pop up as soon as I inserted the cd previously, but I don't get that anymore. Tried opening Drive E but it kept prompting me to insert a cd despite the cd being inserted anyway. Kindly assist asap....
  9. DVD/CD'S Not Playing

DVD/CD'S Not Playing: Dvd's/cd's are no longer playing on my ACER Aspire E15 laptop. I downloaded Windows 10 last year. I have not used my dvd drive since installing Windows 10. When I put a DVD in, the green light comes on and then goes off and nothing else happens. The DVD/CD drive shows on...
  10. playing cd and dvd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playing cd and dvd: I can no longer play cds or dvds on my laptop with windows 10. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/playing-cd-and-dvd/fffe71ef-afda-48b2-a7ad-b4f1e55846c0