Windows 10: playing DVDs'

Discus and support playing DVDs' in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Has anyone downloaded a DVD app? If so which one? Has anyone used a USB external DVD player? If so which one?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HaroldMackeyZZ, Mar 27, 2020.

1. playing DVDs'

Has anyone downloaded a DVD app? If so which one? Has anyone used a USB external DVD player? If so which one?

:)

HaroldMackeyZZ, Mar 27, 2020

2. Playing dvds

Hi Dan,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is it happening on all the DVDs that you are trying to play on the Media Player?
    • Have you tried playing the DVDs on other computers? If so, are you getting the same error?
    • When did you start encountering the issue?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player troubleshooter. To do this. follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, choose View all.
    • Run the Windows Media Player DVD, Windows Media Player Library, and
      Windows Media Player Settings.

playing DVDs' d40dab60-b76b-4f48-962b-c93b0dece089.png
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 27, 2020
  3. playing a DVD on PC with Windows 10

Hi,

In order for us to determine the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, we'd like to clarify the following:

• What happens when you try to play a DVD?

• Did you try a different DVD?

• Did you get any error messages?

• Are you able to see the content of DVD on the file explorer?

• What is the file format of the files inside the DVD?

Regards.

Zedrick Del, Mar 27, 2020
  4. playing DVDs'

Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

playing DVDs'

1. playing DVDs' - Similar Threads - playing DVDs'

2. Bill Gates is a pedophile and Windows 11 won't play DVDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bill Gates is a pedophile and Windows 11 won't play DVDs: My first problem is that Bill Gates racked up more frequent flyer miles to Little St. James than I did for Domino's loyalty points in college. My second problem is that Windows 11 is so poorly designed it won't even recognize a DVD inserted into the drive of a laptop that it...
  3. Bill Gates is a pedophile and Windows 11 won't play DVDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bill Gates is a pedophile and Windows 11 won't play DVDs: My first problem is that Bill Gates racked up more frequent flyer miles to Little St. James than I did for Domino's loyalty points in college. My second problem is that Windows 11 is so poorly designed it won't even recognize a DVD inserted into the drive of a laptop that it...
  4. green bars come up when playing dvds on my built in cd rom

green bars come up when playing dvds on my built in cd rom: I have a laptop that runs on windows 10 and has a bulit in cd rom on the side of it. when i first got it dvds worked fine with no problems but lately its been showing up with these weird green bars when playing or just doesn't play at all depending on what player i usei have...
  5. green bars come up when playing dvds on my built in cd rom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    green bars come up when playing dvds on my built in cd rom: I have a laptop that runs on windows 10 and has a bulit in cd rom on the side of it. when i first got it dvds worked fine with no problems but lately its been showing up with these weird green bars when playing or just doesn't play at all depending on what player i usei have...
  6. how do i play dvds on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i play dvds on my laptop: cannot play dvds on my laptop, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-play-dvds-on-my-laptop/5775e897-96c0-49e2-888a-d60d03abaa09
  7. how do i play dvds on my laptop

how do i play dvds on my laptop: cannot play dvds on my laptop, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-play-dvds-on-my-laptop/5775e897-96c0-49e2-888a-d60d03abaa09
  8. How can I get window 10 to play dvds

How can I get window 10 to play dvds: Is there a fix or work around now that it has been removed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-window-10-to-play-dvds/8a0555a9-5445-4952-b64d-557ed10d7ae2
  9. How can I get window 10 to play dvds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get window 10 to play dvds: Is there a fix or work around now that it has been removed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-window-10-to-play-dvds/8a0555a9-5445-4952-b64d-557ed10d7ae2
  10. cannot play dvds in media player win 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot play dvds in media player win 10.: I download the dvd media player drive when I had Win 7 on my laptop. My laptop crashed and had to reinstall win 7 and then up graded to win 10. The download for media player is not there. I cannot play dvds in win 10 Media Player like I could back in Win 7 after I download...