Windows 10: Playing fullscreen games leads to stuttering in background media

Discus and support Playing fullscreen games leads to stuttering in background media in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,since I upgraded to Windows 11, I am facing the following issue.Whenever I have any streams open Youtube / Twitch and start an "intense" game in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sossenbinder, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Playing fullscreen games leads to stuttering in background media

Hello,since I upgraded to Windows 11, I am facing the following issue.Whenever I have any streams open Youtube / Twitch and start an "intense" game in fullscreen mode, then the background streams suddently start buffering and lagging unbearably. I stops right when I close my game.So far I already checked power options any my Nvidia settings. I suspect that Windows 11 has a "new" builtin mode to throttle background performance or network capabilities while running something focused in fullscreen I feel like it might as well be throttling network requests fired by chrome to fetch the next med

:)

Sossenbinder, Nov 28, 2021

2. Games in fullscreen mode stutter and image is tearing

I have a problem with my Windows 10 1809.Whenever I decide to launch a game in fullscreen mode it has an awful stuttering and image tearing to it.Problem can be solved by turning vsync on or by switching off fullscreen optimization in properties of exe
    file of the game.The thing is I cant play with vsync on,because of the input lag and overall lagginess it gives to a game.Also,directx 12 games have even worse problem with tearing (not only in fullscreen mode) and only turning on vsync can fix it.Had the
    same problem in 1803.My setup is laptop with i7-4700mq processor (intel HD Graphics 4600) and dedicated gtx 860m videocard working in Optimus.Can you recommend me solution that'll alow me to get rid of this stuttering for good and to launch directx 12 games
    without vsync on?

ИгорьЗеленков, Nov 28, 2021
  3. screen flikkering and low fps when playing fullscreen games

Thank you for the update. Let us further isolate this concern, by disabling Game bar and Game DVR. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Settings.

• Click Gaming.

• Click Game bar.

• Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

How to disable Game DVR

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Settings.

• Click Gaming.

• Click Game DVR.

• Click the switch below Record in the background while I'm playing a game so that it turns Off.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you create a local user and check if the same issue will occur.

Keep us updated.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 28, 2021
  4. Playing fullscreen games leads to stuttering in background media

Windows 10 upgrade: Game stutter issue

Hi,

Compatibility issues is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing stutter issues when playing a game on your Windows 10 device. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. kindly verify the information below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • Are you having this issue when you are playing both online and offline games?
    • Does this issue occur on both digital and disk games?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    . This can help us resolve problems you may experience during gameplay on your Windows 10 device.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

Playing fullscreen games leads to stuttering in background media

1. Playing fullscreen games leads to stuttering in background media - Similar Threads - Playing fullscreen games

2. flickering while playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    flickering while playing game on fullscreen: hello, I got this flickering issue when I play full screen in every game, I use intel hd 4600 and I look at my display refresh rate it's say 59,790 hz and on intel hd display it say 60 hz...
  3. flickering while playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flickering while playing game on fullscreen: hello, I got this flickering issue when I play full screen in every game, I use intel hd 4600 and I look at my display refresh rate it's say 59,790 hz and on intel hd display it say 60 hz...
  4. Windows 11 auido stuttering when playing media in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 auido stuttering when playing media in fullscreen: Hi, my computer is connected to a projector which is connected to a soundbar in a setup via a hdmi splitter/hub. For an unknown reason, audio would stutter when I play media in fullscreen off websites like YouTube and Netflix. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this issue?...
  5. Windows 11 auido stuttering when playing media in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 auido stuttering when playing media in fullscreen: Hi, my computer is connected to a projector which is connected to a soundbar in a setup via a hdmi splitter/hub. For an unknown reason, audio would stutter when I play media in fullscreen off websites like YouTube and Netflix. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this issue?...
  6. Playing fullscreen games leads to stuttering in background media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing fullscreen games leads to stuttering in background media: Hello,since I upgraded to Windows 11, I am facing the following issue.Whenever I have any streams open Youtube / Twitch and start an "intense" game in fullscreen mode, then the background streams suddently start buffering and lagging unbearably. I stops right when I close my...
  7. Stuttering leads to freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering leads to freezing: Computer starts stuttering then eventually freezes. I tried a fix where I disable HPET according to this website but it's still stuttering. What can I do to fix the issue? I am still getting same errors on the event viewer like 4311, 2, 28, etc....
  8. Audio Stuttering leading to Blue Screen while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Stuttering leading to Blue Screen while gaming: here is the report from latencymon which recorder the audio stuttering. these stutter are there even when streaming videos online. Also these stutter probably cause blue screen while gaming. I have added all the previous dumpfiles to the one drive with the system info and...
  9. Games in fullscreen mode stutter and image is tearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games in fullscreen mode stutter and image is tearing: I have a problem with my Windows 10 1809.Whenever I decide to launch a game in fullscreen mode it has an awful stuttering and image tearing to it.Problem can be solved by turning vsync on or by switching off fullscreen optimization in properties of exe file of the game.The...
  10. Playing media files leads to crash and mayhem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Playing media files leads to crash and mayhem.: Does anyone know what the error messages I have included are referring to? The fault the debugger has registered results in a corrupt media player. The corruption gives the same result for all media players I have tried; both music and video players. They start and stop...