Windows 10: Playing Games and Damaging My PC

Discus and support Playing Games and Damaging My PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just got myself Star Wars: The Old Republic for my Thinkpad E580, but now I'm worried I will damage my PC if I play that MMO. Can someone help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JLangly, Aug 27, 2018.

1. JLangly Win User

Playing Games and Damaging My PC

I just got myself Star Wars: The Old Republic for my Thinkpad E580, but now I'm worried I will damage my PC if I play that MMO. Can someone help me with the problem?
    This is a link to my PC specs: https://www.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-edge/ThinkPad-E580/p/22TP2TEE580?s_kwcid=AL!2923!3!288260525923!p!!g!!think%20pad%20e580&ef_id=W35WnAAAAHwWVWCy:20180823101903:s

Thanks

Jonah Langly

:)

JLangly, Aug 27, 2018

2. play games on my pc

Hi Lisa,

In order to assist properly, kindly answer the following questions:

• On which website are you trying to play the game? What is the title of the game?
    • Have you tried using other browsers like Edge?
    • What error message are you getting?
    • Can you provide more details on the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?
    • Are you experiencing that same thing using other PCs?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Rolando Vil, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Can't play my pes13 game on my windows 10 professional PC desktop

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play game.

I will certainly help you with this.

Did you check the game compatibility with Windows 10?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to run the program in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the game icon through which you launch the game.

• Click on properties.

• Click on compatibility tab.

• Check the box, run this program in compatibility mode and select the previous operating system.

• Click on apply and then ok.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Playing Games and Damaging My PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Playing Games and Damaging My PC

1. Playing Games and Damaging My PC - Similar Threads - Playing Games Damaging

2. My pc crashes while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc crashes while playing games: My pc suddenly started freezing and monitor losing signal when I play games that I used to be able to run without issues. When there's audio playing while crashing it becomes an infinite glitchy sound. When this happens I have to disconnect my pc from power.I checked event...
  3. My Pc Crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Pc Crashing when playing games: ** PC Fully Crashes****Windows 10****Graphics Card gets quite hot****Photos Linked below Of What happens****I play 2-3 or 6-7 Min before crashing****The blue ring on the top is off and have to Switch my PC Off and on to turn it back on**Any help please...
  4. My Pc Crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc Crashing when playing games: ** PC Fully Crashes****Windows 10****Graphics Card gets quite hot****Photos Linked below Of What happens****I play 2-3 or 6-7 Min before crashing****The blue ring on the top is off and have to Switch my PC Off and on to turn it back on**Any help please...
  5. My Pc Crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Does playing games on a lap damage it's components?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does playing games on a lap damage it's components?: some people tell that playing games on a lap can damage it's components.so I want to know about that... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-playing-games-on-a-lap-damage-its-components/9a7a9c48-f053-494c-bf96-d8e8429e318a
  7. Gaming damage a PC

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Gaming damage a PC: Hi I bought a laptop lenove by the name Windows 10, i3, 2.20 GHz for my study but I was also using it for gaming, i installed PES GAME but I was running good, to my surprised one day I leave the PC on with game for 1 hr when I was coming back I notice the LCD color has...
  8. My PC froze while playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC froze while playing games.: So I had a laptop Dell Inspiron 13-7353 for a few months. Last week, my PC froze while I play games. I can't interact anything. I have no idea what is the problem. Although, it doesn't show the blue screen. After I log in after restart, I noticed that there are no problems...
  9. Will Playing Games Damage My PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Playing Games Damage My PC: I just started playing the MMO Eve Online with my new ThinkPad E580. But I'm also worried about damaging my PC's internal components because of playing that game, as I have broken a PC by playing SWTOR (another MMO). Can someone help me with this problem? This is a link to my...
  10. Can gaming damage my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can gaming damage my laptop?: Hi, I just got a new laptop, the HP Pavilion 15 Power (i5 7300HQ, GTX 1050, 8gb ram). Basically it is for my study but I know it can run games quite well. Could gaming on my laptop do any damage? I tried GTA V and it worked really good with most settings on high. The...