Windows 10: Playing Games and Mouse Clicks Don't Always Register

Discus and support Playing Games and Mouse Clicks Don't Always Register in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, so, I've searched around and have not found any other posts that seem to relate exactly to my problem. When I play SOME games not all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YesIupdatedWindows, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Playing Games and Mouse Clicks Don't Always Register

Ok, so, I've searched around and have not found any other posts that seem to relate exactly to my problem.

When I play SOME games not all the games I play run into this issue my mouse clicks don't always seem to register in game. It is a bit hard to describe but here goes nothing... It seems as if, when there is a lot of things going on in the game, my pc simply can't register that I'm clicking. Standing still in game the mouse works just fine but when enemies are getting close, bullets are flying, explosions are tearing holes in things or I turn the camera really fast... My clicks don't do anything. It's infuriating.

I've read somewhere, something, about "processes" and closing unnecessary processes/programs should lighten the "workload" of the computer to hopefully "pick up" on the clicking of the mouse.

I'm not sure how that works or even IF this is necessarily my issue.

One I know for certain, is that I don't know jack about what the root problem could possibly be.

I will try to update with PC specs once someone can tell me where to start looking...any assistance is greatly appreciated..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-COre Processor 3.20 GHz

Installed RAM: 16.0 GB

Device ID: F047309B-A364-4A94-8CA3-1DBBA1CE1EB9

Product ID: 00326-00844-61634-AAOEM

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.19041 Build 19041

:)

YesIupdatedWindows, Oct 3, 2020

2. Right click changes to left on the mouse while playing games

Hi Armen,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Do you face this issue only when playing games?
    • If yes, does it happen only to a specific game?
    • Other than changing your mouse, did you make any other changes prior to the issue?

As per the information that you have provided, I would suggest that you follow the steps below to help us narrow down the issue.

Method 1:

Connect another mouse to your PC, perform the same task and check. You may also randomly click without lunching the game to check if the issue occurs only during game play.

Method 2:

If the issue persist in both the above stated scenario, I would suggest that you place your computer in Safe Mode and check. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your
    PC.

Note: You will not be able to launch the game in Safe Mode. However, I would recommend that you randomly click and check if the same issue occurs.

Click on the link below to learn how to place your PC in this mode

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10 -
    Windows Help

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 3, 2020
  3. my mouse don´t works correctly

I use all the year my mouse and it Works good but today I go to do a thing and when I returned to my computer the mouse don´t Works good.

the problem is:

when I use my mouse, for example, I move my mouse up and it goes right and if I move it right it goes down

I don´t know what to do

i have tried to uninstall the mouse but it still

please I need help...

DanielRappy, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Playing Games and Mouse Clicks Don't Always Register

Counter Strike 1.6 (Game) Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.

Thanks for the update and for performing the troubleshooting steps provided above. If this is an issue with the mouse driver, we would highly recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for any updates for the mouse driver.

For additional steps, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.

• Select System.

• Select Apps and features.

• Find the game and click Advanced options.

• Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Playing Games and Mouse Clicks Don't Always Register

1. Playing Games and Mouse Clicks Don't Always Register - Similar Threads - Playing Games Mouse

2. Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering: I was using my laptop yesterday watching Netflix and it was working perfectly fine and then I had to go do something so I paused it, and shut my laptop. Came back a couple hours later and it’s frozen on the Netflix screen not taking any inputs so I shut it off. However when I...
  3. Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering: I was using my laptop yesterday watching Netflix and it was working perfectly fine and then I had to go do something so I paused it, and shut my laptop. Came back a couple hours later and it’s frozen on the Netflix screen not taking any inputs so I shut it off. However when I...
  4. Mouse left click working but not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left click working but not registering: I got a new computer as a Christmas gift and have been playing on it non stop but today the left click was working. I tried searching ways to fix it but nothing worked i resetted my computer completely but the problem is still there. could it be that my mouse is broken?...
  5. Windows 10 - Mouse clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Mouse clicks not registering: Hello Microsoft Support Team,I want to report an issue that has been reported many times in the past but has never been solved.The issue is that Windows 10 will, under unknown circumstances or causes, stop detecting mouse clicks left-click or right-click.I have validated that...
  6. Mouse click registering issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse click registering issues: So I woke up today and went to use my asus windows 10 pc but noticed my mouse clicks are not registering half the time neither are they maintaining (if i hold click, half the time it counts as just a click). I tried resetting it and using it in different ports: nothing...
  7. Left mouse clicks not registering

Left mouse clicks not registering: Hi I have been having the issue where my mouse clicks on windows 10 specifically left click will not register and it seems to be getting worse, beforehand every 1 in 4 clicks didn't register, now it seems to be more like every 3 in 4 clicks. I changed my mouse and which...
  8. Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click

Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click: For about a week my (wired) mouse has been misbehaving with clicks not registering or one click registering as multiple clicks. I then decided to hook a bluetooth mouse which shows the same problems. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling mouse drivers and the following....
  9. Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.

Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.: Don't really know how else to describe it, but ever since I played the Master Chief Collection on steam about an hour ago, my mouse has been basically nonfunctional. It would work on some windows, but almost all windows processes, including the Taskbar and desktop, nothing...
  10. Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering

Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering: This is a common issue now that you don't seem to have any advice on. (You actually closed the other post about this issue, before offering any solutions). I'd prefer to not have waste my time to re-image entire PCs because of some BS problem that MS can't figure out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game mouse click not register