Windows 10: Playing Home Videos From CDRs om Windows 10 Home Ed

Discus and support Playing Home Videos From CDRs om Windows 10 Home Ed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have several home videos on CD-R discs that played well on Windows XP. Windows 10 Home Media Player will not play them and returns an error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by khaug1, Jan 24, 2019.

1. khaug1 Win User

Playing Home Videos From CDRs om Windows 10 Home Ed

I have several home videos on CD-R discs that played well on Windows XP. Windows 10 Home Media Player will not play them and returns an error message saying it cannot handle this codec.

Is there a work-around for this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

-Karl

:)

khaug1, Jan 24, 2019
  2. inkyphil Win User

CDR Thumbnails and Windows 10

Having had the same cdr thumbnail view problems I tried your suggestion but nothing changed. Funny though that I can see cdr file thumbs that I have created and saved myself. It is just cdr clipart that seems to be the problem ( ie: not showing as a picture
    in explorer, ( just as an icon). Does windows 10 apps have a valid thumbnail viewer that will show cdr clipart thumbnails?

inkyphil, Jan 24, 2019
  3. How to open a CDR disk in Windows 10

Hi Kenney,

To further assist you, kindly verify the following information:

• When you said CDR disk, did you mean a re-writable CD?
    • With the CDR file you can't open, did you mean a Corel Draw file with images that you cannot open?

Let us know.

Joanna 777, Jan 24, 2019
  4. ZacharyF Win User

Videos not playing

Hi,

I am also having an issue with my videos not playing on any browser for windows 10. So I followed the steps that you listed for the video option but there is
    no folder called Display Drivers. There are folders called display adapters and disk drivers however. Maybe I should uninstall one of those?

Thanks

Zach

ZacharyF, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Playing Home Videos From CDRs om Windows 10 Home Ed - Similar Threads - Playing Home Videos

2. home video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    home video: All of sudden unable to view home movies Hvic ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-video/c02ca947-97d3-4157-be9b-38ea9851ca55
  3. home video

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    home video: All of sudden unable to view home movies Hvic ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-video/c02ca947-97d3-4157-be9b-38ea9851ca55
  4. home video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. home videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    home videos: when I try to play a home made video it says Can't play This file isn't playable. That might be because the file is unsupported. 0xc00d36c4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-videos/e959a066-e282-46d9-a93f-f32e5b407c3b
  6. Transfer from PC with Windows 7 home ed. to new PC with Windows 10 home ed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer from PC with Windows 7 home ed. to new PC with Windows 10 home ed.: Hi, For my mother in law, I have to transfer the content from an old PC with Windows 7 home edition installed on it, to a new PC that has Windows 10 home edition installed on it. As far as possible, I would like to transfer not only the data but also the programs. Is the...
  7. Difficulty playing videos from PC to TV using home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Difficulty playing videos from PC to TV using home network: I have Windows 10 with both a Desktop & a Laptop & a & Samsung smart TV. I am trying to play videos on the TV from the Desktop & also from the Laptop. I I have tried 2 ways to cast videos to the TV. No success with the Laptop but success with the desktop on one of them....
  8. Problem with playing online videos on Windows 10 HOME Version 1903

Problem with playing online videos on Windows 10 HOME Version 1903: This problem only started about 5 days ago. My Windows 10 Home is up to date, but I can’t play web videos on either my Firefox or Edge browser. I tried viewing several videos of all sorts on both browsers with no luck. One Example: I tried to see a video on...
  9. Revert back to Windows 10 home edition from pro ed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Revert back to Windows 10 home edition from pro ed?: How do I revert my pro edition of Windows 10 back to home? As an example, there are certain things in Chrome I would change, but I keep getting the message "Yor computer is managed by your organization". This is not just in Chrome, it comes up other places too....
  10. How to Delete Information from Windows 10 Home Ed. Mobile Hotspot.

How to Delete Information from Windows 10 Home Ed. Mobile Hotspot.: Hi I have Windows 10 Home Edition which has latest updates. I am very sure I have been hacked and have removed spyware with an online scanner after my security suite and Microsoft's in built security ware didn't find it, including an offline Windows Defender scan. What I also...