Windows 10: Playing Microsoft Game with a disk drive

Discus and support Playing Microsoft Game with a disk drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I recently found my old tycoon games- zoo tycoon, mall tycoon, moon tycoon, etc. I have an external disk drive and was wondering if it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CarlaNS4, Apr 20, 2020.

1. CarlaNS4 Win User

Playing Microsoft Game with a disk drive

Hello! I recently found my old tycoon games- zoo tycoon, mall tycoon, moon tycoon, etc. I have an external disk drive and was wondering if it was possible to still download the games and play them through this method. I have room to download them and everything and can also keep the external disk drive plugged in if necessary. Thanks!

:)

CarlaNS4, Apr 20, 2020

2. HP Disk Drive not visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you first try the Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Disk Drives and click on Properties.

• Go to the Drivers Tab and Click Enable (If not enabled).

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Disk Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Please provide the following information:

• What do you mean by "does not read the disk" ? Are you not able to see the drive in the File explorer?
    • Or are you able to see the drive however do not see the files inside?
    • Have you tried setting the Auto play On and tried installing the game?
    • Do you the CD drive light glow when a disk is inserted?
    • Do you hear the vroom of the drive?
    Do get back to us with the above information to assist you further.

Swathi Ravichandran, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Mal_shoe Win User

How to play and install a game with no disk drive?

My disk drive in my laptop got damaged and I am unable to play my Age of Empires game that I have played and enjoyed for years now. I am a college student so I'm trying to save money and avoid buying an external disk drive. I tried a factory reset before
    I figured out it was a hardware issue so it uninstalled from my laptop. Is there anyway to get it back on my laptop to play it with out having to buy a digital copy? Thank you.

Mal_shoe, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Playing Microsoft Game with a disk drive - Similar Threads - Playing Microsoft Game

2. Constant disk usage when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant disk usage when playing games: When I play games like Valorant or CSGO, my HDD disk usage is constantly spiking, causing drastic FPS drops. It appears that the game itself Valorant and System are the ones causing the disk usage. My disk usage is never at 0% and what's more, is that my Valorant is installed...
  3. Constant disk usage when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant disk usage when playing games: When I play games like Valorant or CSGO, my HDD disk usage is constantly spiking, causing drastic FPS drops. It appears that the game itself Valorant and System are the ones causing the disk usage. My disk usage is never at 0% and what's more, is that my Valorant is installed...
  4. Constant disk usage when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Playing a game on a different drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Playing a game on a different drive: I just installed a new ssd into my computer and I still have the hdd installed. I want to buy the game pass while its on sale to play sea of theives, as I have done in the past, and I still have it installed on my old hdd. How do I play the game without booting from the old...
  6. Problem playing blu-ray disks in BD-Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem playing blu-ray disks in BD-Drive: Hey, all (winver says I'm using Windows 10 ver 1909 build 18363.778) Using win10 on a fairly powerful system (built it myself to be able to study 3DS Max). I have a standard BD-Rom drive. The problem: I can read DVDs as both video and data disks, no problem. I can put a...
  7. High disk usage while playing games by "SYSTEM" and "CORTANA"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High disk usage while playing games by "SYSTEM" and "CORTANA": Whenever i try to play Valorant the game runs fine in the main menu, but as soon as i get into a match the disk usage by "SYSTEM" and "CORTANA" goes up to 95%. This happens when i play any game be it csgo or valorant or even an old game like gta san andreas. All my drivers...
  8. Installing and playing old microsoft games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing and playing old microsoft games: how can I play my CD's with Windows95 operating systems. I was told to that Compatibility Mode in Settings might work but I am having trouble locating that....
  9. How can I play my old disk games on a new laptop with no disk drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I play my old disk games on a new laptop with no disk drive?: I have a few disk games for PC I bought a long time ago: Halo CE, Halo 2, Flight Simulator X, Age of Empires 1 and 2, among others. The problem is that my new laptop does not come with a disk drive. Is there a legal way to get an .iso file or some other installer so I can...
  10. how do i play a video game without a disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i play a video game without a disk drive: i have a gaming pc with windows 10 version 1809 but i have no disk drive and i want to download games like ps1, ps2 and ps3 games but the pc version, so how can i play them without a disk drive, is there any kind of program i can use?...