Windows 10: Playing Minecraft with a Friend on Nintendo Switch

Discus and support Playing Minecraft with a Friend on Nintendo Switch in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I fave a nintendo switch and play Minencraft. And i want to be able to play with my friend but i dont to know how to invite,friend and play with her... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JonathanBines, May 31, 2020.

1. Playing Minecraft with a Friend on Nintendo Switch

I fave a nintendo switch and play Minencraft. And i want to be able to play with my friend but i dont to know how to invite,friend and play with her so can someone help me please? Help...?

:)

JonathanBines, May 31, 2020

2. Minecraft on nintendo switch

Hi MC Gamer666,

Since you've registered on Minecraft Microsoft edition, you can only play this game on our server only (Xbox account).

Nintendo has a different server from us. They have a separate client or server. In order to play
    Minecraft in Nintendo Switch, you need to register an account on their platform. To register, go to their official website and create an account. Once done, use this account to log in to
    Minecraft in your Nintendo Switch.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, May 31, 2020
  3. failed to play on Nintendo Switch

Hello, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

Because you registered your account on Minecraft Microsoft edition, you are able to play on Microsoft server only, that is, Xbox account.

The problem is that Nintendo server is different from Microsoft’s so Nintendo has a separate client or server. If you want to play Minecraft on Nintendo Switch, you have to register an account on their platform. Go to the Nintendo official website to do it.

Then, use this account to log in to Minecraft on your Nintendo Switch.

Best regards,

Alexander B.

MIA

Alexander Bertnikov, May 31, 2020
  4. Playing Minecraft with a Friend on Nintendo Switch

Minecraft on Nintendo Switch

Hi PerkinP

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Q: What’s a Microsoft Account and why do I need it for a Nintendo Switch?

A: A Microsoft Account is a free account you can sign-in on device that allows Minecraft players on Switch to play with others on non-Nintendo devices like iOS, Android, Xbox One and Windows 10 via cross-play, Realms or Servers. Having a Microsoft Account also
    enables the portability of your MINECOINS and marketplace purchases to other devices and platforms. For more information go here (https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/game-title...).
    To create an account go to
    https://aka.ms/accountsettings

Q: Now that I have a Microsoft account, how do I sign into it from my Nintendo Switch?

a. On the Minecraft game home screen, click “Sign in with a Microsoft account”

b. It’ll bring up a screen to go to:
    http://aka.ms/remoteconnect
    with a unique 8 digit code

c. Enter the URL on another device (PC or Mobile phone)

d. Follow the instructions on the website by entering the code and complete signing into your Microsoft account.

Q: How do I find my friends on their Microsoft account?

a. Now that you’ve signed into your Microsoft account, Click “Play” on the homescreen

b. Toggle to the right onto the “Friends” tab

c. Click the button to “Add Friend”

d. Find friends by entering their Microsoft Gamertag

Q: I keep entering my friend’s ID into Cross-Platform friends and can’t find them. Why?

Make sure you are entering your friend’s Gamertag correctly. Please note that you are only able to enter in a player ID for Microsoft’s Gamertag. Other player IDs from other platforms are not supported at this time.

Source:
    https://help.mojang.com/customer/en/portal/arti...

Andre for Directly, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Playing Minecraft with a Friend on Nintendo Switch

1. Playing Minecraft with a Friend on Nintendo Switch - Similar Threads - Playing Minecraft Friend

2. How to find a friend request on Minecraft on Nintendo switch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find a friend request on Minecraft on Nintendo switch.: I can’t find where to send or receive friend requests on Minecraft on Nintendo switch. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-a-friend-request-on-minecraft-on/2b026830-1370-4ab1-9b7a-f35f90a263c6
  3. How to find a friend request on Minecraft on Nintendo switch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find a friend request on Minecraft on Nintendo switch.: I can’t find where to send or receive friend requests on Minecraft on Nintendo switch. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-a-friend-request-on-minecraft-on/2b026830-1370-4ab1-9b7a-f35f90a263c6
  4. playing minecraft with friends on Nintendo Switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    playing minecraft with friends on Nintendo Switch: When we set up a microsoft account and finally got logged in, it took me to a page that wants our Xbox info. We don't have an Xbox. We have a Switch....
  5. Minecraft on a Nintendo Switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft on a Nintendo Switch: Hi - any help would be appreciated. My son is trying to play Minecraft on his Nintendo switch. When he logs into Microsoft within Minecraft on his Switch - it defaults to logging into my other son's Microsoft Account. I can't find anyplace within settings to change...
  6. Nintendo switch and minecraft

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Nintendo switch and minecraft: When playing Minecraft on Nintendo Lite and switch it says to log in to Microsoft account from another device. I do this and it says successfully logged in, however when going back to the Nintendo it will still say sign in and we can not go any further? Could you advise?...
  7. Minecraft Realms Nintendo Switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Realms Nintendo Switch: Ok, so I was trying to join one of my friend's realms for the first time on Nintendo Switch. I received an invite from him, so I went to accept it, but a message popped up saying that I couldn't play online multiplayer because of how my Microsoft account was set up. I went to...
  8. Minecraft on Nintendo Switch

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Minecraft on Nintendo Switch: It says I cannot add friends because the way the microsoft account is set up. (a) why is this relevant (b) what do I do, help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-on-nintendo-switch/bb83e355-4f55-4059-9a4b-28e7e3a9fe8a"
  9. Minecraft on nintendo switch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Minecraft on nintendo switch: I made an account on microsoft and used my phone number and went on my switch and now it says error failed to sign in something went wrong. is there a way to change accounts to make it work? [ Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in ]...
  10. Minecraft Nintendo Switch edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Nintendo Switch edition: So I've recently made a microsoft account in order to crossplay on minecraft using my nintendo switch, when I finished making the account it never asked me to make a username and instead logged me in with a completely random gamertag which I dont know how to change. Please...