Windows 10: Playing most games disables my internet and will reset my modem.

Discus and support Playing most games disables my internet and will reset my modem. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is an internet connectivity/hardware/Windows Update issue. I have tried pretty much everything and am hoping for a miracle cure before i reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by d I I b d I I b, May 1, 2021.

1. Playing most games disables my internet and will reset my modem.

This is an internet connectivity/hardware/Windows Update issue. I have tried pretty much everything and am hoping for a miracle cure before i reinstall windows. On April 30, 2021 playing games started to disable my internet connection. Upon further inspection it not only disables the connection on my PC but will stop the connection on ALL devices in my home. I can recreate the issue without fail. If I leave the "strain" on the connection for about 5 minutes my ISP provided modem will restart.I have tried launching games from the steam store in online and offline modes. Single player AND m

:)

d I I b d I I b, May 1, 2021

2. Asphalt 8: Airbone lag when I connect to internet via Huawei E3131 (USB modem)

Hi Tomass,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

It seems that that, by connecting internet via Huawei E3131 (USB modem),
    Asphalt 8: Airbone game is unable to get the internet speed which require to run the game smoothly.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check for the internet speed which require to run the
    Asphalt 8: Airbone properly.

If the network speed to play the game via Huawei E3131 (USB modem) is ok, the try updating the Huawei E3131 (USB modem) through device manager and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + x, select
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network Adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Huawei E3131 (USB modem) driver.

• Select Update driver software.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 1, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to play farmville game in IE 11

Hi Donna,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you face same issue in Microsoft Edge too?
    • Is the issue specific to Farmville game?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: Check if the Add-on are causing the issue.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

Step 2: Let us check if cookies might be the reason for the issue.

Delete and manage cookies

Step 3: If the above steps didn't help in resolving the issue then I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the
    Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Note: Also install all pending Windows updates in your PC and check.

Do let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 1, 2021
  4. Playing most games disables my internet and will reset my modem.

screen flikkering and low fps when playing fullscreen games

Thank you for the update. Let us further isolate this concern, by disabling Game bar and Game DVR. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Settings.

• Click Gaming.

• Click Game bar.

• Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

How to disable Game DVR

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Settings.

• Click Gaming.

• Click Game DVR.

• Click the switch below Record in the background while I'm playing a game so that it turns Off.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you create a local user and check if the same issue will occur.

Keep us updated.

Wilfred Mac, May 1, 2021
Thema:

Playing most games disables my internet and will reset my modem.

1. Playing most games disables my internet and will reset my modem. - Similar Threads - Playing games disables

2. My Internet disconects when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Internet disconects when playing games: The internet is fine when using chrome and other small applications.When I open Valorant and The Finals my network displays No Internetwhen I close the two games however my network returns. Also the network company I use doesn't have a data usage limitOther applications like...
  3. My Internet disconects when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Internet disconects when playing games: The internet is fine when using chrome and other small applications.When I open Valorant and The Finals my network displays No Internetwhen I close the two games however my network returns. Also the network company I use doesn't have a data usage limitOther applications like...
  4. My Internet disconects when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internet disconnects while playing games on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnects while playing games on my computer: So before one or two months i got a pc and i play World of tanks, Rocket league, Valorant and League of Legends. I don`t have problems with the last two but with WOT and RL i get disconnected from the servers probably once in a 10 games and it is VERY annoying. The problem...
  6. Internet disconnects while playing games on my computer

Internet disconnects while playing games on my computer: So before one or two months i got a pc and i play World of tanks, Rocket league, Valorant and League of Legends. I don`t have problems with the last two but with WOT and RL i get disconnected from the servers probably once in a 10 games and it is VERY annoying. The problem...
  7. My Modem internet is so slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Modem internet is so slow.: Help, My Modem internet is so slow and when I play on Minecraft my ping is good but if I play on Roblox it's just trash. I tried everything to fix it but nothing can....
  8. My Modem internet is so slow.

My Modem internet is so slow.: Help, My Modem internet is so slow and when I play on Minecraft my ping is good but if I play on Roblox it's just trash. I tried everything to fix it but nothing can....
  9. INTERNET, MODEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    INTERNET, MODEM: Hello. I created a standard user account in Windows 10. My modem which works okay in the administrator account is not working in the standard user account... Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-modem/8bb8b0e0-ed2a-4e93-89f5-4632996d524c
  10. Loss of most of my internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of most of my internet connection: Hi, In chrome - i am am getting an err_connection_timed_out on most of the pages I try to search. I've found 2 sites this doesn't apply to. other browsers (int explore and edge) - says 'can't reach page' when I restart my machine everything works ok for 5 mins...