Windows 10: Playing MP4 files

Discus and support Playing MP4 files in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win10 v.2012 Build 19042.685 My wife sent me one she'd revived to play on my desktop, as sound on her tablet was weak. As Windows 10 hasn't a suitable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chipwood, Dec 20, 2020.

1. chipwood Win User

Playing MP4 files

Win10 v.2012 Build 19042.685
    My wife sent me one she'd revived to play on my desktop, as sound on her tablet was weak. As Windows 10 hasn't a suitable player. I installed vlc-3.0.11.
    The file still won't play. Will anyone, please, advise me why this is happening?

:)

chipwood, Dec 20, 2020

2. MP4 File will not play

Based on the information you have provided, considering that you are encountering the same issue when playing the MP4 file on different applications, then it's possible that the issue is with the file itself. This could be caused by an interruption or an
    issue while the MP4 is being copied. I suggest that you create a new copy of the file and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Groove not playing/opening mp4 files

Hi Naomi,

To better assist you with your issue in Groove, we'd like to know if you were able to play mp4 files using the said player before.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    about troubleshooting Groove.

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Playing MP4 files

Unable to play mp4. file from outloook.

Trying to play a mp4 file that is an attachment in outlook. when trying to play a MP4 file that is an attachment in outlook. The phone gives me it can not play this video. Now when I pull the file into My vidoes and put it on my phone through zune...
    The file plays. Any suggestion on getting it to stream through....

Thanks

Added note I try to put the file up on my Sky drive and it will not play from there.

MarkGreenplate, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Playing MP4 files

1. Playing MP4 files - Similar Threads - Playing MP4 files

2. Issues playing MP4 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues playing MP4 files: HelloSo firstly I have 2 Internal Hard Drives on my Desktop PCI use Nvidia Shadowplay to record my gameplay and in general my screen and usually there would be no issues whatsoever. But today there occurred an issue. Whenever i tried playing any of these mp4 files on my 2nd...
  3. Issues playing MP4 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues playing MP4 files: HelloSo firstly I have 2 Internal Hard Drives on my Desktop PCI use Nvidia Shadowplay to record my gameplay and in general my screen and usually there would be no issues whatsoever. But today there occurred an issue. Whenever i tried playing any of these mp4 files on my 2nd...
  4. Issues playing MP4 files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. MP4 files won't play

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP4 files won't play: So I download a lot of meme videos and for some reason after I watch a few downloaded they just stop playing and is stuck on the black screen of Movies and tv which is where I watch them the only fix I know of is by restarting my computer but I don't want to have to do that...
  6. MP4 files won't play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MP4 files won't play: So I download a lot of meme videos and for some reason after I watch a few downloaded they just stop playing and is stuck on the black screen of Movies and tv which is where I watch them the only fix I know of is by restarting my computer but I don't want to have to do that...
  7. MP4 files won't play

8. Unable to Play MP4 Files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Play MP4 Files: So I have had a very odd situation develop. I am unable to play mp4 files or any video content using the native Movies & TV UWP app. When I attempt to play, I get an error Can't play Choose something else to play. This item is in a format we don't support. 0xc00d36b4...
  9. MP4 files will not play

MP4 files will not play: Suddenly mp4 files that have been forward to me will not play in VLC. When I click on the file I end up with this message: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\SB53GZ50\ plus statement Invalid Value for Registery. I am not positive but it seems to have...
  10. Unable to play MP4 file....?

Unable to play MP4 file....?: Hi For some reason I'm unable to play a downloaded MP4 video file with Win Media Player or VLC saying cannot render or wrong codec which I've not come across before. Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not...