Windows 10: Playing MP4 gives "Package could not be registered"

Discus and support Playing MP4 gives "Package could not be registered" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I get the above error when I try to open a MP4 video file. It plays ok with VLC Player. I cannot set the default video player - it shows "Films and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by devdeep60, Mar 4, 2019.

1. devdeep60 Win User

Playing MP4 gives "Package could not be registered"

I get the above error when I try to open a MP4 video file. It plays ok with VLC Player. I cannot set the default video player - it shows "Films and TV". If I try to click on VLC, it does not do anything.

Do I need to "Repair" the Windows 10? If so, what is the best way please?

:)

devdeep60, Mar 4, 2019

2. Unable to play mp4. file from outloook.

Trying to play a mp4 file that is an attachment in outlook. when trying to play a MP4 file that is an attachment in outlook. The phone gives me it can not play this video. Now when I pull the file into My vidoes and put it on my phone through zune...
    The file plays. Any suggestion on getting it to stream through....

Thanks

Added note I try to put the file up on my Sky drive and it will not play from there.

MarkGreenplate, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Joergi Win User
    Play MP4 in Media PLayer

I am using mp4 files myself. Rather heavily. The files I have use the native h264 codecs for video and also something pretty standard for audio and they work. MP4 is a container format and I vaguely remember I once had a file, that did not play.

I am not a real expert here, but you can try this:

Download the static Windows version of ffmpeg and check your mp4 file with ffprobe.exe. It will output a bunch of information about that file, including the codecs used inside it. Knowing these codecs is a first step on the way to a solution.

Joergi, Mar 4, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Windows media player will not play mp4!

Who spends $5,000 on a computer to play .mp4s?

In any case, I have lots of .mp4s and they play well on Windows Media Player. If you've got an .mp4 that won't play, here are two suggestions:

1- download another copy of the file; and

2- ask the content provider for help.

BulldogXX, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Playing MP4 gives "Package could not be registered" - Similar Threads - Playing MP4 Package

2. Package could not be registered on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Package could not be registered on windows 11: Hi, I am getting the above-mentioned error if I am opening any image or text file in Windows 11. Please help me to resolve this issue.Thank you....
  3. Package could not be registered on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Package could not be registered on windows 11: Hi, I am getting the above-mentioned error if I am opening any image or text file in Windows 11. Please help me to resolve this issue.Thank you....
  4. Package could not be registered Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Package could not be registered Windows 11: I am currently experiencing two issues.Firstly, any photo or text document I attempt to open gives me the following response:Package could not be registered.Executing both a sfc /scannow and a DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth in cmd and powershell did not...
  5. Package could not be registered Windows 11

Package could not be registered Windows 11: I am currently experiencing two issues.Firstly, any photo or text document I attempt to open gives me the following response:Package could not be registered.Executing both a sfc /scannow and a DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth in cmd and powershell did not...
  6. Package could not be registered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Package could not be registered: Hi I am unable to open any photos or videos. Instead get the pop up I get the message "package could not be registered". Done alot of searching for a solution but nothing works. The solution on the Microsoft Forum refers to using "reset" button in Advanced Options. But as the...
  7. Package could not be registered

Package could not be registered: Hi I am unable to open any photos or videos. Instead get the pop up I get the message "package could not be registered". Done alot of searching for a solution but nothing works. The solution on the Microsoft Forum refers to using "reset" button in Advanced Options. But as the...
  8. Package Could Not be Registered

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Package Could Not be Registered: My Microsoft Store package is saying that it could not be registered and I need it to update my apps. Please reply as soon as possible.Thanks Aarav. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/package-could-not-be-registered/82119902-2df2-4273-a35f-3f66c57f1e60
  9. Package could not be registered

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Package could not be registered: Package could not be registered error when trying to open any office product. I have run sfc scan, dism, reset the photo app even though my photos are actually opening, and did a system restore. Its still giving me the same error....
  10. Package could not be registered

in Windows 10 News
    Package could not be registered: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Microsoft Photos app for Windows 10 is one of the best applications that are available on the Windows 10 operating system. But it may throw up errors at times. One such error is the one that says, Package could [...] This post Package could not be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. package could not be registered mp4

2. mp4 package could not be registered

3. package could not be registered

4. package could not be registered for mp4,
  5. package could not be registered video files,
  6. video package could be registered,
  7. package could not be registered empeg,
  8. cannot play mp4 package could not be registered,
  9. windows video the package could not be registered,
  10. getting pakage could not be registered when trying to play videos