Windows 10: Playing music from external hard drive on computer

Discus and support Playing music from external hard drive on computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I copied all my music to an external Toshiba hard drive. When trying to play the songs get WMP message that says "WMP cannot find file...". All music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brandy221, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Brandy221 Win User

Playing music from external hard drive on computer

I copied all my music to an external Toshiba hard drive. When trying to play the songs get WMP message that says "WMP cannot find file...". All music is still in WMP and can play from there but not from external drive. How can this be fixed?

:)

Brandy221, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Brandy221 Win User

I copied all my music to an external Toshiba hard drive. When trying to play the songs get WMP message that says "WMP cannot find file...". All music is still in WMP and can play from there but not from external drive. How can this be fixed?

Brandy221, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Vario1251 Win User

Vario1251, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Playing music from external hard drive on computer - Similar Threads - Playing music external

2. External Hard drive freezes computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard drive freezes computer: Hi, I have this external hard drive that freezes my computer every time I plug it in. Iv had it for about 3 weeks now and would really like to not have to buy a another one. I dont mine if I have to lose data on it to get it back, I have tried to look up how to fix it but...
  3. External Hard drive freezes computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard drive freezes computer: Hi, I have this external hard drive that freezes my computer every time I plug it in. Iv had it for about 3 weeks now and would really like to not have to buy a another one. I dont mine if I have to lose data on it to get it back, I have tried to look up how to fix it but...
  4. External Hard drive freezes computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Access to hard drive external to computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to hard drive external to computer: I recently bought a new desktop computer and loaded my data on to it from backups. I had a problem and wanted to access the hard drive from the old computer, so I installed it in a hard drive enclosure and plugged it into the new computer. However I cannot access the data on...
  6. Play Forza Horizon 3 from an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play Forza Horizon 3 from an external hard drive?: Is it possible to download Windows store apps or Forza Horizon 3 to an external hard drive and play on any PC that I'm logged on to without always downloading the 60 gb? Forza Horizon 3 von externer Festplatte spielen?
  7. can not auto play dvd from external hard drive

can not auto play dvd from external hard drive: i have external dvd drive, i can see the dvd name on e drive but it will not autoplay, only gives the option of no action or going into microsoft store it says when i press auto play, choose what to do with dvd, but only gives two options, take no action or open microsoft...
  8. transferring photos from computer to external hard drive

transferring photos from computer to external hard drive: When I transfer photos from my computer to an external hard drive, is there a quick way? I have hundreds of photos and dread copying them even in lots of 10....
  9. Back Up from computer to external hard drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Back Up from computer to external hard drive: I am using Windows10 64byt and want to back up "This Pc" to my external hard drive, a WM Elements. How should I do this please? I have tried various methods discribed on your site all to no avail....
  10. Windows media player won't play music from external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media player won't play music from external hard drive: Hi. I'm asking this question on behalf of my dad who loves listening to actual CDs since he prefers the sound quality of them. He often likes to make his own mixed CDs and has a lot of music saved on an external hard drive. We've noticed that if we select a music file on the...