Windows 10: Playing music on Alexa sounds garbled

Discus and support Playing music on Alexa sounds garbled in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Music played by Alexa on my windows 10 device is garbled and sounds like its being played ton a rubberband however all other audio sounds normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MonstrddgWilliams, May 31, 2019.

1. Playing music on Alexa sounds garbled

Music played by Alexa on my windows 10 device is garbled and sounds like its being played ton a rubberband however all other audio sounds normal including Alexas voice itself

:)

MonstrddgWilliams, May 31, 2019
  2. kaisat Win User

Alexa for Windows 10

I was able to install the app and everything is working fine except playing music sounds absolutely terrible. I have attempted to play other music directly from the computer and everything is working fine. What can I do to make the music that Alexa is
    playing sound like it should?

kaisat, May 31, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Alexa for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We have tried testing the sound from Alexa application installed from Microsoft store, it looks like the sound quality depends on the online streaming of radio channels. However, if you are facing this issue for all the other
    Radio channel and other external devices connected to Alexa, you can try the step below and check if it helps.

Step: Turn off Audio Enhancements

1. Select the Start button, type
      Sound in the search box, and then select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.
    2. On the Playback
      tab, right-click (or press and hold) the Default Device, and then select
      Properties.
    3. On the Enhancements
      tab, select the Disable all enhancements check box and try to play your audio device.
    4. If that doesn't work, select
      Cancel
      and, on the Playback tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the
      Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    5. Click on Advanced tab.
    6. Uncheck Allow application to task exclusive control of the device.
    7. Click on Apply and
      OK.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 31, 2019
  4. Playing music on Alexa sounds garbled

Sound and Music

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the name of the game that you are trying to play?
    2. Do you want to mute the sound of the game while trying to play the music and only want to hear the music and not the game sound?

Please reply us back with the required information.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Playing music on Alexa sounds garbled

1. Playing music on Alexa sounds garbled - Similar Threads - Playing music Alexa

2. Playing Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing Music: I have just made the leap from Windows 7 to Windows 11, where is the option to play/play all feature in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-music/a2a95cec-4a26-4283-a80f-bb1124c7611f
  3. Playing Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing Music: I have just made the leap from Windows 7 to Windows 11, where is the option to play/play all feature in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-music/a2a95cec-4a26-4283-a80f-bb1124c7611f
  4. Crackling sound when playing music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crackling sound when playing music: I heard crackling sound when playing music on Chrome, Edge browser, even I plugged in headphone I still heard that sound. Except playing music on local disk, I didn't hear that. By the same time, my laptop has worked slower than before since the issue appeared. I tried...
  5. Muffled/garbled sound

Muffled/garbled sound: My computer has been putting out garbled sounds for the past couple of months. I thought it was my speakers so I bought new ones. That didn't help. I have a SoundBlaster audio card and I tried different Aux ports in it, which has helped a little, but not really. I just bought...
  6. I suddenly have no sound to play music videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I suddenly have no sound to play music videos: My sound has stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-suddenly-have-no-sound-to-play-music-videos/a569aae2-097c-4203-b5d0-dbe8fff9dbd5
  7. Bluetooth speaker only plays music, no other sounds

Bluetooth speaker only plays music, no other sounds: I want to play all the laptop sounds through my bluetooth speaker - alerts, Cubase mixes, BBC Sounds, Youtube, everything. My Bluetooth speaker only connects "Connected Music" and will ONLY play audio from the MediaPlayer or iTunes or Quicktime. Nothing else. How can I...
  8. Sound and Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound and Music: How to stop the sound playing cards while I have my music on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-and-music/3b974656-181f-4564-bd17-462ce4d43042
  9. Sound and Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound and Music: How to stop the sound playing cards while I have my music on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/sound-and-music/3b974656-181f-4564-bd17-462ce4d43042
  10. PLAYING MUSIC

PLAYING MUSIC: HOW DO I PLAY MUSIC ON WINDOWS 10 FROM A CD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/playing-music/cf886afb-a2a1-4f5e-949e-a032496a3530

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is alexa music garbled

2. music sounds weird through alexa

3. why is sound garbled on my echo when i play itunes from my pc

4. why is music garbled on alexa for windows,
  5. why is alexa music garbled on my pc