Windows 10: Playing music through rear speakers/Speaker Fill

Discus and support Playing music through rear speakers/Speaker Fill in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Has anyone been able to play music through their rear 5.1 speakers? Apparently there used to be a setting in windows call speaker fill that would play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yeeyo55, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Playing music through rear speakers/Speaker Fill

Has anyone been able to play music through their rear 5.1 speakers? Apparently there used to be a setting in windows call speaker fill that would play stereo output through but it's not longer available. Any advice would be helpful.

submitted by /u/Yeeyo55
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Yeeyo55, Jan 7, 2021
  2. silkmaze Win User

How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers

I have a pair of Creative T40 speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my laptop. I got hold of a bluetooth speaker and that was recognised straight-away.

I have installed a large monitor (32inch) to the laptop on which I work as well as watch movies and play games. I was wondering if I could setup that audio, be it music, gaming audio or movie audio could be played through BOTH sets of speakers.

The main T40's are on either side of the monitor and I have the bluetooth speaker behind me on a shelf. That would, kind-of, give me surround sound. Or when I have people over I could get better sound if I could just move the bluetooth speaker to a different part of the room.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you.

silkmaze, Jan 7, 2021
  3. HTC HD7 rear speaker

Hi opeld,

Setting the phone to vibrate only sets the ring and alerts to vibrate. Audio will still play through your speaker (there is no way to "silence" the rear speaker on the HD7 that I have found).

When you say that the speaker is "always on" do you still hear sound even with the headphones plugged in? If so, you have a small hardware fault. Plugging the headphones in should disconnect the rear speaker, removing the headphones will reconnect the speaker,
    but the audio should pause at this point, and not continue to play through the rear speaker.

www.djapansoftware.com, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Azhrei Win User

Playing music through rear speakers/Speaker Fill

No sound from rear speakers

Update - sound now plays from the rear speakers, but now the centre speaker is acting up. No sound from it whatsoever. Again, all channels play correctly on the receiver's speaker test. Playing films in Kodi, proper audio formats still do not show on the receiver, only Stereo, StereoEXT and PCM. Choosing PCM, Kodi reports that it is playing video files in the correct format (ex. TrueHD, DTS-MA). But still no sound from the centre channel and nothing showing on the receiver. Obviously, with the centre speaker producing nothing, I am missing a lot of sound when videos are playing.

Azhrei, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Playing music through rear speakers/Speaker Fill

1. Playing music through rear speakers/Speaker Fill - Similar Threads - Playing music through

2. How to play Music through Speakers while using Headphones on PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to play Music through Speakers while using Headphones on PC: [IMG]Can we play music through our speakers while we are using the headphones? Yes, we can. We can actually use two different audio devices at the same time. Today, in this post, we will learn about three methods by which we can use both our headphones and the speakers...
  3. Itunes music playing through speakers not through connected audio devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Itunes music playing through speakers not through connected audio devices?: I recently got a windows pc and downloaded iTunes because I have the subscription. I connected a pair of wired headphones to my pc and played a song from my library tab and I came out of the speakers. Any other sounds that are from the internet or the sound tests came out...
  4. 2.1 speakers only play sound that would normally come through a rear speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2.1 speakers only play sound that would normally come through a rear speaker: I accidentally unplugged my speaker cable. When I plugged it back in a window popped us asking what I'd just plugged in. I can't even remember what I selected. After that the speakers don't work. When I go to Sound option and right click on Speakers / Headphones and click...
  5. Rear audio jack doesn't detect speakers, but will play sound through them if something is...

Rear audio jack doesn't detect speakers, but will play sound through them if something is...: Until today, I've been using a pair of active speakers with my PC. They've been plugged into the rear audio jack, and there's been no issue. Today, I set-up my new pair of passive speakers i.e. the speakers are now connected through an external amp, and plugged them into...
  6. Audio plays through headphones and speakers

Audio plays through headphones and speakers: So ive tried to update my drivers, ive tried to uninstall/reinstall, ive tried to go to playback devices, ive tried to go to my realtek stuff and none of this is working, it seems different then any of the cases ive seen by looking it up, i have no clue what to do. i went...
  7. no sound plays through internal speakers

no sound plays through internal speakers: I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists its location at HDMI...
  8. play music thru bluetooth speaker

play music thru bluetooth speaker: i have paired my bluetooth speaker, and it plays sounds from the computer (on/off etc) but does not play my music. what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/play-music-thru-bluetooth-speaker/7168ed48-7675-4ca2-834a-705cb77ec6ed
  9. How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers

How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers: I have a pair of Creative T40 speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my laptop. I got hold of a bluetooth speaker and that was recognised straight-away. I have installed a large monitor (32inch) to the laptop on which I work as well as watch movies and play games. I was...
  10. No sound from rear speakers

No sound from rear speakers: I have recently moved house and on setting up my media pc, I noticed I was not getting any sound out of my rear speakers. A channel test on the receiver confirmed that they are working, so the issue has to be with Windows. I just upgraded it with a new SSD and case and...